What if Blizzard really listened to their forums?

General Discussion
What kind of game do you think we would have? I'm not blizz-bashing or blizz-backing here, I am honestly curious as to how all of you would answer this question.
That's a trick question. Blizzard has listened to the forums, but it's been on-and-off over time. Many character changes, such as Roadhog's, have come from the forums, while others, such as Lucio's rework, have not. It really depends on a number of factors, including whether or nor our problems line up with their data or their vision for the game, or whether or not the forums make a big enough stink, as was the case with Mercy (and not performance-based SR, which is what the real problem was to start with, but oh well).
Blizzard did listen. They nerfed her strongly. Just as majority of people asked to.
Genji & Tracer would be nerfed/gutted to oblivion and most likely deleted from the game.

Mercy would be reverted back to how she was.

Moira would also be nerfed.

Symmetra would be reworked into something that I don't think everyone will be pleased with.

McCree would lose his Flash Bang.

Pharah would become immune to self-damage and have a damage reduction while using Barrage.

Torbjörn will remain the same.

Reinhardt will be Reinhardt, except with a better shield.

Soldier: 76 would be the Number #1 Attack/DPS hero in the game due to no competition from the other DPS.

Ana would remain the same.

Sombra would be alarmingly buffed when she needs more quality of life changes.

Hanzo would not have Scatter Arrow.

...and somehow Doomfist would be worse than before because he's Doomfist.
01/30/2018 01:11 PMPosted by Blam320
That's a trick question. Blizzard has listened to the forums, but it's been on-and-off over time. Many character changes, such as Roadhog's, have come from the forums, while others, such as Lucio's rework, have not. It really depends on a number of factors, including whether or nor our problems line up with their data or their vision for the game, or whether or not the forums make a big enough stink, as was the case with Mercy (and not performance-based SR, which is what the real problem was to start with, but oh well).
They listen when what we want is in alignment with what they’re already doing
Tbh, I'm worried every hero would play so similarly that it wouldn't matter who you really played.

Ex: "Make all heros viable" arguments boiling down to making all healers heal the same without any unique mechanics.

Would be boring af. I'm glad the forums are so active and offer a ton of feedback, but I'm also glad Blizzard doesn't take feedback exclusively from here.
01/30/2018 01:12 PMPosted by TwixSnickers
Blizzard did listen. They nerfed her strongly. Just as majority of people asked to.
But A large majority of the community want to see Genji and Hanzo nerfed strongly aswell...

Why has that still not happened?

Dash reset on kill has been since launch as has scatter one shot...
The 'OP' Mercy hasn't...
01/30/2018 01:11 PMPosted by Blam320
or whether or not the forums make a big enough stink, as was the case with Mercy

No they didn't nerf her based on the forums. They stated that in their developer update video. They just confirmed the need for a nerf based on the "different communities" spouting what they already wanted to do.
01/30/2018 01:07 PMPosted by TriVenom
What kind of game do you think we would have? I'm not blizz-bashing or blizz-backing here, I am honestly curious as to how all of you would answer this question.

Thank God they don't. The forum is nothing but mob mentality led by one tricks F tier hero mains and Mercy mains. The game would be a joke.
the game would have 1 or 2 viables heroes
They do listen....but I would hate to be them because according to forums every single character is broken...and it’s just a bunch of ungrateful people whining for the most part
I'll quote Satoshi Tajiri meme page, (parody page for the Creator of Pokemon) to answer your question:

"You all think you have great ideas for Pokemon games, but if I actually listened to all of you and we combined all of your ideas in a game, it would be an unplayable monstrosity."
-Satoshi Tajiri meme page

That would be Overwatch. If Blizzard listened to every persons idea it would be an unplayable mess.
01/30/2018 01:07 PMPosted by TriVenom

This time Blizzard didn't even listen to the pro players on the OWL who actually said the nerf was too harsh... This only proves they have totally forsaken any and all feedback at this point...
If they actually "listened" to these forums, you'd have 100x the people here drowning each other out and they wouldn't be able to "hear" anything anyway.
Everyone would be nerfed, except the defense heroes and Symmetra, who would be our new kings and Queens.
90% of the game would be completely horrible considering this community never thinks things through and just goes purely off of emotion.
It would be a more exciting game, that's for sure. There'd be some missteps but it wouldn't take 18 months to find the right approach to Mercy if they kept iterating off people's ideas.

Right now they're doing a great job of ignoring the bad ideas and the good ideas and misunderstanding the OK ideas they do decide to implement (Genji ult nerf requires Tracer & Mei ult nerf? What?).
they would use the PTR to test thing instead of just release those sometimes stupid changes
01/30/2018 01:14 PMPosted by EpsilonKey14
Genji & Tracer would be nerfed/gutted to oblivion and most likely deleted from the game.

Mercy would be reverted back to how she was.

Moira would also be nerfed.

Symmetra would be reworked into something that I don't think everyone will be pleased with.

McCree would lose his Flash Bang.

Pharah would become immune to self-damage and have a damage reduction while using Barrage.

Torbjörn will remain the same.

Reinhardt will be Reinhardt, except with a better shield.

Soldier: 76 would be the Number #1 Attack/DPS hero in the game due to no competition from the other DPS.

Ana would remain the same.

Sombra would be alarmingly buffed when she needs more quality of life changes.

Hanzo would not have Scatter Arrow.

...and somehow Doomfist would be worse than before because he's Doomfist.

To add to that, D.Va would probably get nerfed or reworked every month or so and will never find her true purpose.