Why the Forums are Terrible

General Discussion
Before I start, I want you to know that it is completely okay if you downvote me. I am very prepared to hear the worst.

These forums are terrible. It is seriously sad reading through the posts lately.

Here's the main problem: Being happy with the game and sharing positivity is completely frowned upon.

Disclaimer: You have every right as a Symmetra main or a Mei-n to be frustrated. Frustrations are always valid. What is NOT okay is making a unified effort to downvote anyone who speaks positively of the game or of heroes in their current state. It's called positive feedback.

This forum seems to be stuck in the mentality that Overwatch is in a terrible state and anyone who disagrees is clearly a bad player or oblivious to the truth.

It is extremely disheartening to come into this forum sharing a good experience or your excitement with how a hero plays and be downvoted into oblivion because you enjoy something.

That's my rant today. I know that there are frustrations in the community. Please take a second to realize that your frustration does not become any more valid when you harass another's love of the game.
If it wasn't for the blue text, I would be willing to pretend Blizzard Forums don't exist. It's such a depressing and toxic place. The Youtube comments of Overwatch communities.
I'd love to watch theatrical performances of some of the forum posts.
My caring bottle is officially empty. Blizzard's proven so many times that they give no sh*ts.

People wanted a slight nerf on Junkrat's ult charge, so they nerfed his mines.

They took an incredibly, incredibly time long to buff Ana.

They released Junkertown and Horizon colony and have not reworked it despite the massive amount of complaints.

They obviously care little for Mei and Sym.

I just don't care anymore.
01/13/2018 10:10 AMPosted by Chaseface
Before I start, I want you to know that it is completely okay if you downvote me. I am very prepared to hear the worst.

These forums are terrible. It is seriously sad reading through the posts lately.

Here's the main problem: Being happy with the game and sharing positivity is completely frowned upon.

Disclaimer: You have every right as a Symmetra main or a Mei-n to be frustrated. Frustrations are always valid. What is NOT okay is making a unified effort to downvote anyone who speaks positively of the game or of heroes in their current state. It's called positive feedback.

This forum seems to be stuck in the mentality that Overwatch is in a terrible state and anyone who disagrees is clearly a bad player or oblivious to the truth.

It is extremely disheartening to come into this forum sharing a good experience or your excitement with how a hero plays and be downvoted into oblivion because you enjoy something.<strong/>

That's my rant today. I know that there are frustrations in the community. Please take a second to realize that your frustration does not become any more valid when you harass another's love of the game.

Dont forget the rampant sexism and homophobia.
What I don't get is how people are pissed that they aren't listening to us for Balance Ideas.

If they actually listened to us, I'm 100% sure Torbjorn, Bastion, Orisa, Roadhog, Genji, Tracer, Mercy, Pharah and Junkrat would not be in the game anymore. Sorry, but actually listening to the forums for "balance" ideas is a terrible idea.
the forums are terrible, I almost only browse them for the entertainment of seeing a bunch of monkeys throw their **** at each other. I also got banned from the forums once for saying idiot while others post swear words with spaces in between and get off scot free, so there is that as well.[i][/i]
01/13/2018 10:10 AMPosted by Chaseface
Being happy with the game and sharing positivity is completely frowned upon.

That is pretty much a meme at this point. Only ppl who have lived under a rock for the lats 1,5 years can be happy with the game.
It's because we have a whole bunch of people in one place who get mad if someone else's opinion disagrees with their opinion like I disagree with your thread.
The forums are awful and it is because of what OP said. I don't think I'll ever understand why so many people, especially on here hate positivity and hate people who are just trying to make others' days better.

Seriously, why is it that so many people on here look up to and celebrate toxicity and toxic people, but look down on and spit on positivity and positive people?
01/13/2018 10:51 AMPosted by Bloodrose

I guess that means you're going to stop complaining on the forums then right?
Yeah I do feel as if a “Nerf Genji” thread will get more responses than a “Buff Mei” thread since people focus on negativity more than positivity.
Agreed, imagine that there were threads(one big one still around) saying they hope OWL fails. It's one thing to not care about it or not have interest in watching it but hoping it fails? It's a bunch of nasty people who are more than eager to spit venom if they don't get exactly what they want.
01/13/2018 11:08 AMPosted by SunDragon
The forums are awful and it is because of what OP said. I don't think I'll ever understand why so many people, especially on here hate positivity and hate people who are just trying to make others' days better.

Seriously, why is it that so many people on here look up to and celebrate toxicity and toxic people, but look down on and spit on positivity and positive people?

It's disappointing to say the least.

I recognize that many people viewed the forums as a way to point out bugs and problems (imbalances). This unfortunately, while initially having good intent, has become a monster.

What should have been successes and good experiences along-side suggestions and bug reports has instead become a hostile war zone only satisfied with blue letters that meet their demands.

That might be a slight exaggeration, but only slightly.
01/13/2018 11:12 AMPosted by tstrimple
01/13/2018 10:51 AMPosted by Bloodrose

I guess that means you're going to stop complaining on the forums then right?

You're complaining about me complaining.

Hypocrite confirmed.
what really grinds my gyros is that the few actually fun and interesting threads will be quickly gone due to the millions of nerf or buff threads made every day
01/13/2018 11:49 AMPosted by Kajabuubuu
what really grinds my gyros is that the few actually fun and interesting threads will be quickly gone due to the millions of nerf or buff threads made every day

YES!!!! I see so many funny threads that I want to stick around for a while and they disappear so quickly.
Obi wan looks at the Blizzrd forums,

"You will never find a more retched hive of scum and Villainy."
I'm going to say another controversial thing. The forums got infinitely worse after the Mercy nerfs were announced. It reminds me of another Mercy main threat "If Mercy is nerfed I will punish the team by not giving them the healer that they need".

There are a lot of people who view their dissatisfaction with their character as a reason to punish the rest of the playerbase. There are two Mercy forumers in particular who make multiple garbage threads each day.
I know the feeling man.

I've made topics celebrating the release of allied aim-assist Ana for console, one that discussed lore dealing with Pharah & Tracer & I even made one for laughs just because I was tired of all the outrage (I made Sam, Pharah's father, a hero...with gag abilities).

Somehow on every single one of them there was some bozo that came in to complain about balance or just be Negative Nancy.

I don't want to be angry all the time...

...cause then I'd be living up to the Angry Black Guy stereotype.