Why the Forums are Terrible

General Discussion
01/13/2018 11:43 AMPosted by Bloodrose
You're complaining about me complaining.

Hypocrite confirmed.

Asking a question isn't complaining. If all the people who threaten to quit or leave the game or whatever would just shut the !@#$ up and move on like they claim they are going to do, these forums would be a much better experience. If you've reached your limit, put your money where your mouth is and shut up and move on. Stop pontificating.
01/13/2018 11:56 AMPosted by Shade
I'm going to say another controversial thing. The forums got infinitely worse after the Mercy nerfs were announced. It reminds me of another Mercy main threat "If Mercy is nerfed I will punish the team by not giving them the healer that they need".

There are a lot of people who view their dissatisfaction with their character as a reason to punish the rest of the playerbase. There are two Mercy forumers in particular who make multiple garbage threads each day.

I think I know which people you're talking about but for the sake of the thread, please don't speak of them or anything related to a certain Swiss doctor as it will only attract those who are very..."passionate" about her current state to come in droves and spear you with the wrath of a thousand suns.

But yeah...said subject has become really taboo and the actions of this portion of the community only serve to give others a negative perception and general loathing of said hero.
01/13/2018 12:05 PMPosted by tstrimple
01/13/2018 11:43 AMPosted by Bloodrose
You're complaining about me complaining.

Hypocrite confirmed.

Asking a question isn't complaining. If all the people who threaten to quit or leave the game or whatever would just shut the !@#$ up and move on like they claim they are going to do, these forums would be a much better experience. If you've reached your limit, put your money where your mouth is and shut up and move on. Stop pontificating.

It was a complaint in the form of a rhetorical question. You fooled nobody. And please point out when and where I threatened to leave the game, I'm curious as to where you saw that. And I can express my opinions on these forums anytime I want a anybody can, so eat a fat one.
I just browse these forums for the memes. If you actually want to communicate with other people whose experience of the game is not purely negative, go to the reddit page. On Reddit people will also post niche little tricks on various heroes/maps, or info about game-mechanics, etc, so you will learn more about the game there too. On the contrary, these general discussion boards are pretty much never used for something like that. I can't really say I've learned anything about the game looking at these forums, its mainly a place people to go complain. Instead of general discussion it should really be called "complaint discussion" or something imo. These forums are nice for memes/laughs, but not much else.

01/13/2018 11:56 AMPosted by Shade
I'm going to say another controversial thing. The forums got infinitely worse after the Mercy nerfs were announced. It reminds me of another Mercy main threat "If Mercy is nerfed I will punish the team by not giving them the healer that they need".

There are a lot of people who view their dissatisfaction with their character as a reason to punish the rest of the playerbase. There are two Mercy forumers in particular who make multiple garbage threads each day.

Yep, top quality memes imo
I feel the moment that the forums turned is directly linked to the huge D.Va and mercy reworks. It's never been the same since.
They probably wouldn't be so bad if the dev team actually listened.
I like my cookies like I like my Overwatch, with plenty of salt, but sadly I play with a bunch of my friends and we laugh and enjoy ourselves and have a good time and there is just very little salt to be found, good thing I can fix my sodium deficiency here on the forums.
01/13/2018 11:08 AMPosted by SunDragon
The forums are awful and it is because of what OP said. I don't think I'll ever understand why so many people, especially on here hate positivity and hate people who are just trying to make others' days better.

I agree with this 100%