Nerf Bastion

General Discussion
Please Nerf Bastion. It’s not fair because he is ALWAYS in turret mode. He is very hard to kill and can make or break your team. Instead of nerfing Mercy I feel Bastion needs it more. He’s way too overpowered.
Please look at your rank before making such broad claims, it just makes you look bad
01/13/2018 03:13 PMPosted by RageMage101
Please look at your rank before making such broad claims, it just makes you look bad

Btw Im under the impression this could be a troll thread, but tbh I don’t have time for such nonsense posts
Bastion has been nerfed so far that every other hero is a hard counter against bastion and you want bastion to be nerfed worse......

Damn I thought the Nerf Bastion threads died out during the Beta.
he might seem op on your rank but you can delete him instantly by playing certain heroes

you are just looking at his strengths not his weaknesses, you should ask yourself what you can do when he is in turret mode.

a hero that counters him is junkrat, you just peek to see where he is and then shoot at him from a spot he can't see you at. he got many more counters
01/13/2018 03:16 PMPosted by ShadowDarter
Bastion is nerf so far that every other hero is a hard counter against bastion and you want bastion to be nerfed worse......

Nerf Bastion threads never die and never stop. For the same reason why Nerf Torbjorn threads still happen. Some people have trouble dealing with a stationary object that is often times helped with team work.
Bastion is nerf so far that every other hero is a hard counter against bastion and you want bastion to be nerfed worse......

Nerf Bastion threads never die and never stop. For the same reason why Nerf Torbjorn threads still happen. Some people have trouble dealing with a stationary object that is often times helped with team work.

The thing is the higher the Bastion main the less likely that turret mode is used at all Bastion is still hard countered by everyone but, is more mobile.
Bastion is boring. He has 1 ability. He's useless in most circumstances, but can kill your entire team when running the pirate ship start or something similar.

Make his gatling gun overheat, so he can't just shoot forever. (Effectively a resource gauge, like Moira's heal.) Then buff his other stats, so he's useful outside of turret mode. Because right now he's not particularly useful in Recon, extremely situational and requires everyone else pick and work around him. He's actually ridiculously weak outside of a few cheese starts.
Bastion's turret form is powerful but also very situational. Use long range and high per-shot heroes to dispatch him. McCree, Pharah, Soldier, Hanzo, Junkrat, Widowmaker, Torb's left click, Roadhog's Hook, Ana, and Zenyatta can all put pressure on a Bastion by damaging him beyond his effective range. Sombra's hack also forces him out of turret mode.

Quite simply you need to not try to just out damage a turreted Bastion like you would any other enemy, Bastion will win in this situation almost every time. But his stationary form makes him very easy to dispatch with a little strategy.

In higher ranks, Bastion users rarely even use turret mode as it's a quick death sentence, instead only using it in short periods such as when getting a flank drop.
If you play someone that can strafe and deal half decent damage, he either has to move or you get free ult off him.
They recently buffed one of Bastion's hard counters called Ultrat.

All low mobility heroes get the short stick currently.

You do not have to address people concerns in an arrogant manner. It just makes you look bad.

Instead of being needlessly rude and calling out someones rank it makes you look bad. Maybe you should try and provide some helpful tips to those of us in 'lesser ranks'.
I personally agree. He literally can get rid of an entire team in, like, 5 seconds. It only takes him 2 seconds to get rid of a tank.
rank has nothing to do with this. Stop being ignorant. Everyone is not diamond and above. So I suggest you stop trying to call me out on being gold. It makes you look bad.
01/21/2018 10:28 AMPosted by SneakyTurtle
rank has nothing to do with this. Stop being ignorant. Everyone is not diamond and above. So I suggest you stop trying to call me out on being gold. It makes you look bad.
DVA soft-counters bastion...
Tracer, Genji, or D.va. If you or your team doesn't understand that these are some of Bastion's most basic counters, than your rank is the issue. Roadhog can easily hook Bastion and take him out of turret, or alternatively, a Sombra hack will take him straight out of Turret mode and he is done for. Communication and focus fire is also an easy counter for Bastion, as he is very good at dismantling uncoordinated teams who trickle in one-by-one. If none of this works for you than idk what to tell you.
To be fair, heroes shouldn't be overpowered at any tier.

Personally, I'd like to see Bastion lose his Damage Reduction in turret mode, and replace it with a 200 point reinhardt shield just as large as bastion is.

That way he'll have 500 hp, but only 300 of it can be healed, the 200 shields can only regenerate the same way rein's barriers do. That way he actually has a reason to switch to recon mode while his shield regenerates.

As compared to currently, where he effectively has 360 health, but healers also heal him 20% more all the time, and he's got no reason to ever switch from sentry mode. It also mitigates his most glaring weakness of being a ridiculously easy target for hooks and sleep darts.
Sneaky turtle,more like sneaky necro.

If bastions so strong,get your own bastion. Bastion counters bastions extremely hard,if you have more sheilds.

As a gold,you have no excuse to not know how to counter bastion. Bastion is countered just fine down here in silver,you're just bad.
01/21/2018 10:38 AMPosted by DemiserofD
To be fair, heroes shouldn't be overpowered at any tier.

Personally, I'd like to see Bastion lose his Damage Reduction in turret mode, and replace it with a 200 point reinhardt shield just as large as bastion is.

That way he'll have 500 hp, but only 300 of it can be healed, the 200 shields can only regenerate the same way rein's barriers do. That way he actually has a reason to switch to recon mode while his shield regenerates.

As compared to currently, where he effectively has 360 health, but healers also heal him 20% more all the time, and he's got no reason to ever switch from sentry mode. It also mitigates his most glaring weakness of being a ridiculously easy target for hooks and sleep darts.
He actually has 375% effective hp.

And bastion isnt really OP at any rank. Not in gold,not in silver. Maybe in bronze,but symmetras a bigger problem there than bastion will ever be.

What bastion really needs is a small (15-20%) spread decrease.

Ironclad isnt really needed,if you are caught not behind a sheild,you get !@#$ed anyway,unless you have 2 pocket healers.

Part of the issue is bastion needs to be so close to his enemies to do anything,a spread reduction would help this immensely.