Why are Dallas' supports so bad

General Discussion
why
HarryHook legit fed like 3 times :(
HarryHook is (or maybe was) an amazing Lucio player. He used to be called "carryhook" because he had so many clutch 6 man sound barriers.
Chips looks absolutely abysmal on Mercy, constantly out of position, constantly unaware of potential flankers, spends most the match dead.
01/19/2018 08:22 PMPosted by Ceejae
Chips looks absolutely abysmal on Mercy, constantly out of position, constantly unaware of potential flankers, spends most the match dead.

That's because Mercy is a brain dead hero that literally anyone can play. She gets you free value for no skill whatsoever, which is why Dallas Support Players cannot play her to a high level of play. That is suggestive that Dallas Support Players must have negative skill.

/s
Which is funny because harry is a great lucio and chips is one of the best ana's in the league after ryujehong and jjonak. They can't play mercy worth a damn and it's sad to watch.
Isn't it quite ironic that we need to see the people on the same team as XQC who has spread the false notion Mercy takes no skill to play...

To demonstrate that *GASP* Mercy actually takes a vastly different set of skills to play than tunnel visioning and shooting a hitscan weapon :O

O:
They're being forced to play heroes they're not as good with because of the meta.
Supports die and die and die. The only players doing work atm on Dallas are Taimou and effect.
Because I'm not on the roster.
01/19/2018 08:22 PMPosted by Ceejae
Chips don't play Mercy, he's a Ana/Zen player :(
01/19/2018 08:26 PMPosted by DaSquyd
They're being forced to play heroes they're not as good with because of the meta.

Pretty much this, along with the fact that they're playing by far one of the hardest teams in the league to survive against.
01/19/2018 08:26 PMPosted by Sovereign
Isn't it quite ironic that we need to see the people on the same team as XQC who has spread the false notion Mercy takes no skill to play...

To demonstrate that *GASP* Mercy actually takes a vastly different set of skills to play than tunnel visioning and shooting a hitscan weapon :O

O:

She is objectively easier to play. There is no hero that takes no skill to play. It's just a hyperbole to describe her as significantly easier in mechanics and game sense.
01/19/2018 08:27 PMPosted by MofoMan2000
Because I'm not on the roster.

Neither am I

O:

she takes no skill on ladder* against coordinated teams you actually have to be smart

well you're a plat so what do you know lol
So basically when Mercy is finally nerfed, Dallas' support players may finally be able to play their natural heroes and might start winning some games...
01/19/2018 08:26 PMPosted by DaSquyd

As much as I want it to be, that's not even close to a valid excuse. We're talking about the choice between 2 heroes. What does that say against Fleta, Jake, Rawkus, or Soon, who can play upwards of 4 dps/heal heroes with exceptional skill. Yes, Mercy is not fun, but the other teams seem to be working around it well enough.
While I do agree it isn't fair that their support mains aren't as viable with current Mercy + they're less experienced with her it's funny how much they trash talked the hero saying that it's extremely easy to be good at her and yet they're constantly dying and making horrible calls with her.

Her abilities maybe easy to use but boy oh boy is it hard to make a difference against a good team and stay alive long enough to do so. That's where the skilled Mercys come in. Believe it or not but there are things you need to know + be extremely good at while playing Mercy if you want to actually make an impact for your team higher up. If you can't then you'll be seen as a troll pick no matter how OP Mercy is.

Edit: I'm still surprised no one knows buffing baby D.VA when she ults gives her mech extra damage/more lethal damage range during self destruct.
01/19/2018 08:33 PMPosted by Doinks

O:

she takes no skill on ladder* against coordinated teams you actually have to be smart

well you're a plat so what do you know lol

Honey I've gotten to plat solo queue as a support main.

You try doing that, just try, I guarantee you that it's far harder than you're bothering to imply. It's not as simple as spamming soldier at all, but nah you're here talking crap to me on a smurf.

Plus I've barely played at all.

So grats.

You're literally comparing yourself to a support only main that's played a trivial number of hours the past year.

I hope you feel cool. Rofl.
Then play Lucio and screw the meta, that's what a Pro should do.