Why are Dallas' supports so bad

General Discussion
it is not easy playing a support
i am happy to say Custa didnt make a single mistake in today's matches
01/19/2018 08:55 PMPosted by Sovereign
01/19/2018 08:33 PMPosted by Doinks
she takes no skill on ladder* against coordinated teams you actually have to be smart

well you're a plat so what do you know lol

Honey I've gotten to plat solo queue as a support main.

You try doing that, just try, I guarantee you that it's far harder than you're bothering to imply. It's not as simple as spamming soldier at all, but nah you're here talking crap to me on a smurf.

Plus I've barely played at all.

So grats.

You're literally comparing yourself to a support only main that's played a trivial number of hours the past year.

I hope you feel cool. Rofl.
But I've gotten near mid-diamond with mercy on solo-q with barely any games, It wasn't hard , And im a genji/mccree main.
I'm convinced their coach is the real source of their problems. They all obviously have the individual abilities to dominate, but if the coach can't organize them, have them practice scenarios, and utilize them in the best ways possible, that's on him, and it's literally his entire job. When they are disorganized and don't play united, that's a coaching problem.
01/19/2018 08:26 PMPosted by Sovereign
Isn't it quite ironic that we need to see the people on the same team as XQC who has spread the false notion Mercy takes no skill to play...

To demonstrate that *GASP* Mercy actually takes a vastly different set of skills to play than tunnel visioning and shooting a hitscan weapon :O

O:

If you think tunnel visioning and pew pew-ing your hitscan weapon takes you into OWL you're clueless about the things you're criticizing

Same goes for thinking maining Mercy in plat is the same as playing it in an OWL level match against OWL level team coordination, skill, and focusing
01/19/2018 08:22 PMPosted by Steveck
HarryHook is (or maybe was) an amazing Lucio player. He used to be called "carryhook" because he had so many clutch 6 man sound barriers.
"Carryhook" is his Soldier 76 name, he's a damn good soldier, I know he's flex but its a mistake putting him on support.
They turned a support main into a Mercy main, but they didn't choose someone that likes to play her. If the pros actively dislike the hero, how can they get good at her? They gnash their teeth and tilt every second they are forced to play her while failing to learn the nuances that make her a strong hero to begin with.

They should have picked a Mercy main with thousands of hours on her from the ladder. A person that likes to play her can be taught the pro scene and bring a well-played Mercy. Coincidentally, a lot of women like to play her so this solves two of the forum's problems at once.
it's not that simple playing mercy, if mercy was really the brain dead hero as the mercy haters claim to be, with low skill ceiling, why there's still a big difference in matches in OWL?
01/20/2018 01:40 AMPosted by KucingKadut
it's not that simple playing mercy, if mercy was really the brain dead hero as the mercy haters claim to be, with low skill ceiling, why there's still a big difference in matches in OWL?

Positioning has nothing to do with Mercy herself. It has to do with experience. If you give Widow to a Soldier main, he will keep dying in every widow duel, because of his habbits of constant jumping and strafing instead of spamming duck.
01/19/2018 08:19 PMPosted by Doinks
why

they're dps mains, all of them
Because Mercy is so ridiculous there's really not a lot of room for other healers and neither one of them excel at Mercy. Harry is a Lucio player and Chips plays more Ana from what I remember.

It's a huge reason why the Dragons aren't doing well either. Mercy is too strong to not run unless your team has a ridiculous advantage and their Mercy player isn't actually a Mercy player.

It comes down the people being forced to play a character that they haven't invested nearly as much time into.
01/19/2018 08:43 PMPosted by Ceejae
So basically when Mercy is finally nerfed, Dallas' support players may finally be able to play their natural heroes and might start winning some games...

Yes but I think this applies a lot of other teams as well. I can think of a ton of amazing ana/lucio/zen players but no good mercy players.
Isn't it quite ironic that we need to see the people on the same team as XQC who has spread the false notion Mercy takes no skill to play...

To demonstrate that *GASP* Mercy actually takes a vastly different set of skills to play than tunnel visioning and shooting a hitscan weapon :O

O:

Do you wonder why people have a stigma against Mercy mains?

It might be because of posts like this.

Every character takes skill in different ways, insulting people who play dps characters by saying ignorant things does not solve the Mercy problems you constantly talk about at least once per day.

I really think you should take a break from the forums as all it seems you do it spread negativity around and honestly make Mercy mains look bad.

O:

No. Not here. Shame on you for bringing that baggage here.

I think their supports just aren't comfortable on Mercy and aren't putting in the proper time to learn her because they know she is getting nerfed. Also keep in mind supports are very easily fragged in Pro play.

Even EeeveeA isn't going to be able to dodge Fleta for long. The goal of supports in pro play is maximize their value and make it as hard as possible to be focused. But since Pro dps are awesome the best supports can only buy time. Especially with Widow and Tracer being so common.
01/20/2018 01:40 AMPosted by KucingKadut

No hero is easy at top level but Mercy is objectively one of the easier heroes and certainly the easiest support.

As for good players still managing to do badly with her, I suspect it's down to enjoyment. Certainly for me, if I find a hero boring and/or don't want to be playing it, it's difficult to give my full attention and I end up slipping, even when I find the hero easy.
I think that some questions need to be asked of the tanks as much as the supports. Taimou on Roadhog aside, none of the tanking combinations have really clicked yet. xQc has received a lot of criticism, but Cocco and Mickie are both struggling a bit too. When the tank line is getting dragged out of position as often as the Fuel's has been, isolating and killing off the supports becomes a relatively straightforward task.

That said, I do still think that Dallas are a better team than their record suggests. They ran Seoul very close and have shown flashes of skill ever since. In Effect, Taimou and Seagull they have a variety of DPS options, and by forcing Mickie and Cocco to step up their game, xQc's ban might even be a blessing in disguise.
01/19/2018 08:56 PMPosted by Grevier
Then play Lucio and screw the meta, that's what a Pro should do.

PREACH!

But the problem actually lies in how the OWL teams are picked/formed. Teams should have to tourney into OWL in the current meta. Those who play the meta best win.

Here, we have teams who are generally great players but not necessarily the best with the meta in mind.

There's no way to balance out these issues, however better balance will make the cast more diverse. Either way, if you can't flex to 95% of your ability, you shouldn't be winning anyways.
01/19/2018 08:55 PMPosted by Sovereign
01/19/2018 08:33 PMPosted by Doinks
she takes no skill on ladder* against coordinated teams you actually have to be smart

well you're a plat so what do you know lol

Honey I've gotten to plat solo queue as a support main.

You try doing that, just try, I guarantee you that it's far harder than you're bothering to imply. It's not as simple as spamming soldier at all, but nah you're here talking crap to me on a smurf.

Plus I've barely played at all.

So grats.

You're literally comparing yourself to a support only main that's played a trivial number of hours the past year.

I hope you feel cool. Rofl.

I'm 1300sr above you and half of my play time is support, other half is winston lmfao
cuz Karma

seagull, xqc, taimou all spread hate about mercy among the community, pushed blizzard to the rework that everyone is hating even more.

its all coming back to them.

custa is the worst mercy on the league.
01/20/2018 10:46 AMPosted by keeeyt
cuz Karma

seagull, xqc, taimou all spread hate about mercy among the community, pushed blizzard to the rework that everyone is hating even more.

its all coming back to them.

custa is the worst mercy on the league.

90% of the league hates mercy lmao. even top level mercy players hate mercy