Free XQC He did NOTHING Wrong

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 Next
He can admit to joining isis and you people would say "he did nothing wrong"
01/20/2018 08:36 AMPosted by EggrollEarl
01/20/2018 08:04 AMPosted by Veodok
Irrelevant. It was unprofessional.
If your personality is toxic, maybe you should work on trying to fix it instead of representing an entire professional league. xQc fans always talk about how his real personality actually really sweet, so why doesn't he just be that instead of playing this "character" that constantly gets him in trouble.
Offensive or not, it was unprofessional.
xQc no longer represents just himself; he is a face of Dallas Fuel and the entire OWL. He has to start acting accordingly.

Toxicity is within all of us. There is nothing wrong with showing a little toxicity here and there. You live in a delusional mindset my friend. The fact you find anger within people to be something wrong with your personality says enough about you. Anger is natural. Some control it better than others and I must admit too much of anger is an issue. However what xqc was not an issue. He is just doing banter. You clearly do not have a census on society actually is. Not everyone is going to be nice. Put down the video games for once in your life and experience society... you will learn a thing or too.

Who cares if it was unprofessional? This is a video game at the end of the day.... His job isn't isn't being an ambassador for it to be unprofessional. He plays a video game where toxicity is second nature. Stop being so sensitive. I genuinely feel bad for you. Grow a backbone...

His job is being a part of the Overwatch League which is a professional Overwatch setting. If he’s going to be a part of it he needs to act professional and abide by their rules instead of acting like a petulant child.

Enforcing the rules of the OWL isn’t being sensitive lmao. He broke the rules, he gets punished for it. This isn’t hard.

You’re here telling us to grow a backbone when you’re moaning about xqc getting in trouble for breaking the rules.
01/20/2018 08:43 AMPosted by Firehawk
Have you guys noticed xQc does something wrong like every 2 weeks, i mean seriously the forums screams #freexQc all the time because he is always doing something wrong,

He is doing something wrong every 2 weeks or so because it is controlled by the subjectively based arguments by a sensitive game community and game company
Doesn't really matter, the punishment is actually good for him. Great PR for his stream, which makes a ton more money for him then OWL.

People think his attitude will "kill his career" but his career is already made, OWL is just something to do.

He can make that 2k "fine" back in less then a week.
01/20/2018 08:46 AMPosted by Bergmaniac
Watching the mental gymnastics of xQc's fans is hilarious. The ridiculous excuses keep on coming.
I personally love how his fanboys constantly back up his actions religiously. Almost cult-like in fashion too.

You would think that he pays these people to preach his gospel or something.
01/20/2018 07:58 AMPosted by EggrollEarl
Blizzard is becoming way too sensitive..... what he said was blown out of proportion. Nothing in what he said was homophobic. Blizzard is literally shutting down people's personality because they need to keep the perfect player image. Surprise surprise blizzard.... people have personality and let them express themselves. Obviously it should be done to an extent. Being racist and genuinely homophobic isn't cool and should be dealt with accordingly. But xqc was being is himself and everyone who agrees with him being a homophobic is a sensitive snow flake and should have some thicker skin. It honestly is sad to see how many people in our community get offended by what xqc said (blizzard included).

"being themself" is not a valid excuse for any behaviour. The behaviour is still unacceptable. Of course fangirls like yourself with a similar toxic mindset flock to this person and see nothing wrong with their actions. Xqc is in the wrong, and so are you.

Go whiteknight him somewhere else, preferably somewhere I don't have to see this garbage.
If kept his mouth shut, then this wouldn't happen. xqc deserves that punishment, there shouldn't be dumb excuses. You don't just go to the OW league and start up homophobic insults all because you hate another pro player, MIND YOUR BUSINESS AND GET YOUR HEAD IN THE GAME!!!!!!
01/20/2018 08:47 AMPosted by isshoman

Toxicity is within all of us. There is nothing wrong with showing a little toxicity here and there. You live in a delusional mindset my friend. The fact you find anger within people to be something wrong with your personality says enough about you. Anger is natural. Some control it better than others and I must admit too much of anger is an issue. However what xqc was not an issue. He is just doing banter. You clearly do not have a census on society actually is. Not everyone is going to be nice. Put down the video games for once in your life and experience society... you will learn a thing or too.

Who cares if it was unprofessional? This is a video game at the end of the day.... His job isn't isn't being an ambassador for it to be unprofessional. He plays a video game where toxicity is second nature. Stop being so sensitive. I genuinely feel bad for you. Grow a backbone...

His job is being a part of the Overwatch League which is a professional Overwatch setting. If he’s going to be a part of it he needs to act professional and abide by their rules instead of acting like a petulant child.

Enforcing the rules of the OWL isn’t being sensitive lmao. He broke the rules, he gets punished for it. This isn’t hard.

You’re here telling us to grow a backbone when you’re moaning about xqc getting in trouble for breaking the rules.

oh no.... he broke the rules...... rules are not always correct. Those who speak up against the norm are always bashed and criticized. As evident here
Blizzard is becoming way too sensitive..... what he said was blown out of proportion. Nothing in what he said was homophobic. Blizzard is literally shutting down people's personality because they need to keep the perfect player image. Surprise surprise blizzard.... people have personality and let them express themselves. Obviously it should be done to an extent. Being racist and genuinely homophobic isn't cool and should be dealt with accordingly. But xqc was being is himself and everyone who agrees with him being a homophobic is a sensitive snow flake and should have some thicker skin. It honestly is sad to see how many people in our community get offended by what xqc said (blizzard included).

If you feel offended and hurt by the fact that someone's controversial actions led to consequences, then maybe you should stop being a fragile snowflake and grow a thicker skin. Welcome to real life, were actions do have consequences. You can't call your boss the n word and blurt out racial slurs, and get away with the poor excuse of racism being your personal trait. Being a racist or homophobe isn't a desease you have no control over. You are absolutely responsible for how you chose to express yourself in terms of consequences.

I know you kids are being raised to think you're a unique snowflake, and you can get anything in the world just because you want it. I'm sorry you were mislead to believe that. I really am. But you and everyone else have to live up to a certain standard in order to be accepted as social beings.

The sooner you grow up the better. But I'm afraid you really need to grow some skin and face the grim reality. Instead of feeling sorry for yourself and xqc, ask yourself what you can learn from this incident. The answer to that question has nothing to do with lame excuses like "the dog ate my homework" or "but homophobia is my personal trait".
It's the team that gave him the punishment.
he should be ban for real this time. how many oportunitis blizard will gave him.
Toxicity is within all of us. There is nothing wrong with showing a little toxicity here and there.

Yes, there is. Especially when you represent a multi-million-dollar professional gaming league.

You live in a delusional mindset my friend. The fact you find anger within people to be something wrong with your personality says enough about you. Anger is natural. Some control it better than others and I must admit too much of anger is an issue.

Again, the point is that xQc is no longer his own boss. He can't just do whatever he feels like with no repercussions. Anger is natural, but when your employer strictly says "hey, don't do that" and you do it anyway it will be punished.

Some control it better than others and I must admit too much of anger is an issue. However what xqc was not an issue. He is just doing banter. You clearly do not have a census on society actually is. Not everyone is going to be nice. Put down the video games for once in your life and experience society... you will learn a thing or too.

I don't know how many times I have to say this. xQc. Does. Not. Just. Represent. Himself.

It wasn't banter. It was against code of conduct. Regardless of what "society" thinks, it's against the OWL conduct guidelines. Ad hominems aren't going to make you right.

Who cares if it was unprofessional?
The multi-billion-dollar company that has invested multiple millions of dollars in to a professional esports league.

This is a video game at the end of the day.... His job isn't isn't being an ambassador for it to be unprofessional.
Except it is. He signed a contract to be on Dallas Fuel. It is his job to be a professional.

He plays a video game where toxicity is second nature. Stop being so sensitive. I genuinely feel bad for you. Grow a backbone...

Stop trying to validate your behavior by claiming that being an !@# is second nature in gaming. It's not. Grow a brain...
01/20/2018 08:48 AMPosted by ǶPHILIP

"being themself" is not a valid excuse for any behaviour. The behaviour is still unacceptable. Of course fangirls like yourself with a similar toxic mindset flock to this person and see nothing wrong with their actions. Xqc is in the wrong, and so are you.

Go whiteknight him somewhere else, preferably somewhere I don't have to see this garbage.

You do realize I did say in the same paragraph you quoted that genuine racism and homophobia should be dealt with? And you do realize I said it is only acceptable to an extent. God all of you seem to make arguments without even using your brain.
01/20/2018 08:43 AMPosted by EggrollEarl
Unfortunately I find you don't get it. He is a professional in a video game. Can you grasp that concept? It does not matter whether he is given the label professional. It matters in what context it's given in.

So because it's a video game, professionalism shouldn't be a factor? You understand they are trying to legitimize e-sports and increase it's popularity, right? Personally I wouldn't take OWL or Blizzard seriously if they hadn't responded to this kind of poor behavior.
01/20/2018 08:46 AMPosted by EggrollEarl

Listen up kid..... when people make similar arguments and a similar reply is able to address said arguments. Then it would be a waste of my time to make the same argument with different words. It would be much more efficient to give the same reply as it addresses those issues. However if there is another issue then I will add to that reply as I have done so already. Next time please don't make a fool out of yourself

No, it just usually means they lack the mental capacity to back up the initial claim with further pieces of evidence. But nice try! Points for effort.
01/20/2018 08:49 AMPosted by EggrollEarl
01/20/2018 08:47 AMPosted by isshoman

oh no.... he broke the rules...... rules are not always correct. Those who speak up against the norm are always bashed and criticized. As evident here

So xqc breaks the rules and the code of conduct and suddenly it’s “well rules aren’t always correct so he’s right in breaking them”. He signed a contract, he has to abide by their rules whether they’re “correct” or not.

He didn’t speak up or voice an opinion he straight up attacked the only openly gay OWL player for being gay.
A forced break is what this guy needs, they need to take away his computer and not let him stream either, but I doubt that happens.

Anyone who think's his behaviour is 'normal' is out of touch with society.
01/20/2018 08:53 AMPosted by idSurge
A forced break is what this guy needs, they need to take away his computer and not let him stream either, but I doubt that happens.

Anyone who think's his behaviour is 'normal' is out of touch with society.

If they said "no streaming" he'd just quit the league, no one would be dumb enough to give up something like that.
01/20/2018 08:47 AMPosted by Roflmeow
Doesn't really matter, the punishment is actually good for him. Great PR for his stream, which makes a ton more money for him then OWL.

People think his attitude will "kill his career" but his career is already made, OWL is just something to do.

He can make that 2k "fine" back in less then a week.

Here's a hypothetical situation:

What if, as time goes on, he matures and decides he wants his career to be focused around professional gaming in competitions and not just being a personality that streams? What if he doesn't want e-sports to be "just something to do"? Or what if he wants to take his career in another direction? I imagine with a tarnished image that will be quite hard to do.
Oh ffs, this is Dafran and MaximilianMus all over again. Guy does something unwanted, guy gets punished for doing that, end of story!