Can I Play the Game Yet? (Fight for 21:9 Support)

Technical Support
01/25/2018 06:54 AMPosted by CoolMercy
It's been scientifically established for a long, long time what is "optimal" for human vision, and that's 16:9.

If you bought a super wide or "curved" monitor, you have fallen for marketing gimmicks.

No it isn't, some neck movement is simply expected for wider ratios. And fwiw fine art photography uses 3x2, 4x5, and squares mostly.
Maybe they should lock OW to 60fps and see how the 144hz+ people like it?

Honestly, having both side by side, the 144hz monitor is a much larger advantage.
So, your last thread got deleted, which, lets be honest, was atleast 50% because you necroed it daily while providing no new information, and your response is to just make the same thread again?
01/27/2018 09:37 PMPosted by Roflmeow

There would be an outrage because lots of people have 144hz or higher refresh rate monitors but since the Ultrawide user base is small they could care less about us. This is pretty hypocritical of them to say they care about fairness and competitive balance but if that was really the case then they wouldn't have a problem disabling anything higher than 60fps. An advantage is an advantage no matter how small.

01/27/2018 10:00 PMPosted by DarthWalrus
So, your last thread got deleted, which, lets be honest, was atleast 50% because you necroed it daily while providing no new information, and your response is to just make the same thread again?

Why would I not make a new one? My arguments are valid, my claims are valid, and now it's time for Blizzard to speak up and instead of ignoring this blaring problem.

Honestly, having both side by side, the 144hz monitor is a much larger advantage.

Better yet, wait till they get a 21:9 monitor, then watch them come make the same thread lol.
It's sure annoying that this game doesn't support 21:9. They're fetishising this game's non-existent competitive potential far too much.

But I've never had any issues running it in pillarboxed 16:9. Any stuttering and lag is on your end.

These threads won't change anything. They don't care.
Do you think they'd start caring once the markets have "forced out" "obsolete" aspect ratios like they did with 4:3?
01/27/2018 10:50 PMPosted by Osho

Better yet, wait till they get a 21:9 monitor, then watch them come make the same thread lol.

Exactly what I was thinking. As soon as 21:9 gets lower input lag (disadvantage) and G-Sync and Freesync (which pretty much all of them have now. My 3440x1440 has Freesync and 75hz, too), they are all gonna buy one, because they simply look better and then THEY will complain.
Although, unfortunately I can't use either Freesync or the 75 hz, because they are tied together and I don't have an AMD graphics card.
Also...
Wow this post has 28 dislikes now. I'd like to hear what even half of the people acually think about it. There were 2-3 people commenting (and these comments were not even productive in any way).

If you dislike something, have the balls to say why at least.

Sorry for language.
CSGO is a way more comp based game and it has it. no reason ow shouldn't
We r speshul.

While I don't run 21:9 I do plan on doing so later down the track. So, reading Blizzard's response on this just made me sad and lose even more confidence in them and how they handle their business.

They could really learn a thing or two from DE. And hey, if you don't like your job or can't handle it maybe you're in the wrong business
I really am not trying to be toxic. I am one within the iris, if you want to know it (I am Zenyatta, after all).
But is this gonna be one of those posts with 1500+ comments and statements and not a single response from a Blizzard Dev? Heck even a moderator would be fine at this point. (Not trying to judge the moderators ranks tho)

Its really shameful to ask players about their opinions and then wehn you hear about one you don't like, ignore it.

At least a "Be patient, we don't ahve an answer yet, but we are discussing and working on it" would be appreciated.
01/28/2018 11:51 AMPosted by Osho
While I don't run 21:9 I do plan on doing so later down the track. So, reading Blizzard's response on this just made me sad and lose even more confidence in them and how they handle their business.

When I was doing research about Ultrawides before buying one the only real issue I had at the time was streaming would be more difficult but outside of that I noticed that almost every single game on the market supported 21:9 except Overwatch. I eventually decided to get one despite the fact Blizzard refuses to do the right thing.

Ultrawide is a truly awesome experience and I know for sure the industry will slowly transition over just like we did from 4:3 to 16:9.

(Pro Tip: Most movies are actually filmed in the ultrawide aspect ratio which is why when you buy the DVD you have black bars on the top and bottom. If you had an Ultrawide you could watch movies how they were intended to be viewed)
01/27/2018 09:30 PMPosted by Osho
I've been playing since open beta and I don't understand why this is getting downvoted.

Mostly because most people who research the subject will take the simplest answer to a very complex problem.

IE: If you had to split 10 apples between 2 sisters, the natural way of looking at it would be to get 5 each. But, when you start to add in other variables that exist in the real world (size, shape, weight, etc), the answer doesn't become as easy as just 5 each.

At the end of the day, I just hope they continue to read our feedback on the matter and continue to take our opinions into consideration.
01/27/2018 09:30 PMPosted by Osho
I've been playing since open beta and I don't understand why this is getting downvoted.

Most people don't even realize what they're downvoting as you can see there is minimal replies from those downvoters as to why they are even downvoting they just do it and leave. Ironically enough if those same people went out an bought an Ultrawide they would be in here fighting for support as well.
---

ALSO LOL!
Another mod yet again move this to techincal support forums despite being moved to General discussion for the umpteenth TIME!
01/29/2018 02:56 PMPosted by GamerLCD

ALSO LOL!
Another mod yet again move this to techincal support forums despite being moved to General discussion for the umpteenth TIME!

It’s funny that they are doing this because this means they are reading at least some part of it to be able to judge this for technical support, but don’t even reply anything
Guess this post is dead once again now, huh?
When much more competitive games have no issues with 21:9, this casual esports wannabe somehow believes that it's an actual advantage, while completely ignoring way more advantageous hardware.

Why not make everyone play at low setting on a 4:3 with the maximum resolution of 1024x768 at 30 fps? Also when the game detects anything other than a non gaming membrane keyboard and a mouse that doesn't have a ball in it it should automatically ban you for buying an unfair advantage over people who don't have as fancy hardware.
Really wanted to buy this game after playing it on PS4. However, having now played other games at 21:9 I am not willing to spend the money to not be able to use my monitor at its native resolution.

It actually surprises me that a company like Blizzard who i have support a really long time is ignoring this.

The competitive advantage line Blizzard mentioned is total BS and everyone knows it. Fair enough if they want to standardize the monitors etc in Pro games.....however for the rest of us it makes bugger all difference so just let us play the game with what we have. Pretty much every other game allows 21:9 so it makes me think they simply don't know how to make it happen.