Dev Update with nothing on Sombra

General Discussion
1 2 3 7 Next
Highly Rated
I’ve seen an enourmous amount of threads about all heroes mentioned in the developer update EXCEPT... Sombra wasn’t even mentioned in the update. She is and has been one of the most talked about heroes, the community saying she needs buffs or tweaks AND she has had an awful winrate and pickrate since she has been released. STILL nothing on Sombra. What does it take?!
EDIT: Thank You For The Reply, Jeff! I Appreciate It A Ton!!
Too be fair, was likely running on sort of time limit.

Just be glad he got 2/3
Doomfist and Sombra should start the "overhyped and unused" club.
01/25/2018 06:07 PMPosted by Jesterskull
Too be fair, was likely running on sort of time limit.

Just be glad he got 2/3
There were longer Dev updates before... he could’ve squeezed her in... even “ we’re looking at Sombra” would be more than fine. He didn’t even acknowledge her
01/25/2018 06:09 PMPosted by Steveck
Doomfist and Sombra should start the "overhyped and unused" club.
At least Doomfist got his bug fixes... she still hasn’t even gotten those! And it’s been over a year!
01/25/2018 05:50 PMPosted by Harley
I’ve seen an enourmous amount of threads about all heroes mentioned in the developer update EXCEPT... Sombra wasn’t even mentioned in the update. She is and has been one of the most talked about heroes, the community saying she needs buffs or tweaks AND she has had an awful winrate and pickrate since she has been released. STILL nothing on Sombra. What does it take?!?!

We've been talking about her. We're trying out some minor changes on Doomfist too.
Honestly because as much as this community hates hearing this, she's probably in widely okay spot (like most heroes). She excels when she's in a highly coordinated group and which also appears to go up as rank increases.

Before people jump on the downvote train, I do think she could use what I've seen suggested a bunch around here and that's a increase in the amount of damage she can take before hack interrupts. Whether or not this community likes it, Blizz has developed this game with the idea that some characters are niche and do not always serve a purpose. Everyone points to OWL as indicators but proves nothing as the VAST majority of people don't come close their skill level; pros with always find the optimal comps for facing other pros but that doesn't make it optimal in ranked.
She's 21st on both pickrate and winrate in OWL, where Dive reigns supreme. Sombra is anti-dive (and even could work in dive). Don't @ me
Highly Rated
01/25/2018 06:19 PMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
I’ve seen an enourmous amount of threads about all heroes mentioned in the developer update EXCEPT... Sombra wasn’t even mentioned in the update. She is and has been one of the most talked about heroes, the community saying she needs buffs or tweaks AND she has had an awful winrate and pickrate since she has been released. STILL nothing on Sombra. What does it take?!?!

We've been talking about her. We're trying out some minor changes on Doomfist too.

Naisu!
Honestly because as much as this community hates hearing this, she's probably in widely okay spot (like most heroes). She excels when she's in a highly coordinated group and which also appears to go up as rank increases.

Before people jump on the downvote train, I do think she could use what I've seen suggested a bunch around here and that's a increase in the amount of damage she can take before hack interrupts. Whether or not this community likes it, Blizz has developed this game with the idea that some characters are niche and do not always serve a purpose. Everyone points to OWL as indicators but proves nothing as the VAST majority of people don't come close their skill level; pros with always find the optimal comps for facing other pros but that doesn't make it optimal in ranked.
With this said... they may think that. Jeff says it himself, what the community thinks, what the statistics show, and what the developers think is the balance triangle. So obviously 2/3 points in the triangle have an extremely different view on Sombra than the developers. So, that being said, as Jeff said himself, the team should be looking into why the statistics show this, and why the community feels this way. Nobody is asking for a huge buff right now. I just wanted confirmation that she was being looked at as a hero. She has an awful winrate and pickrate. How is that fair to Sombra comparatively to Genji or Tracer, and who picks who’s situational or not? And why are those heroes picked?

OH $€£< YES

(Off topic)
Is Photon Barrier getting reworked? Or is that particular ability of Symmetra's being talked about heavily because it's something a lot of Sym main's think needs to be looked at.

Yaaay!
its also insane that you posted this a minute after I read it!

That’s exciting to hear! She is probably my favorite offense hero.

Thank you.

Nice, Doomfist really needs it.

THANK YOU!!!!

Thank you, it’s good to know that you haven’t forgotten about her and doomfist
I don't play either hero, but I'm excited to see any under used hero get some love.

Even though there's not much to go off of this Jeff, as a Sombra and Doomfist main this means a lot to us.