Dev Update with nothing on Sombra

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 7 Next
01/25/2018 06:09 PMPosted by Steveck
Doomfist and Sombra should start the "overhyped and unused" club.

Doomfist is being played way more often after the bug fixes. And some doomfists that I've met are very effective.

He is also a character with a one-shot-kill mechanic, so you don't want him to be played too often...
01/25/2018 06:36 PMPosted by BT160615
01/25/2018 06:27 PMPosted by Harley
...Mei is being looked at. Genji I don’t know

Think for a second folks! Jeff hinted at buffs for sombra, mei, doomfist, and sym

Did you notice? they're not only all underpowered heroes, they're also heroes that counter genji

sombra: hack gets rid of deflect and swift strike, which are vital for genji
mei: slows genji, primary fire goes through deflect
doomfist: seismic slam, rp, and uppercut go through deflect, they also control his movement, if doomfist gets a lot of shields genji will struggle heavily to kill him
sym: turrets slow movement and genji has a hard time getting rid of them, her primary fire not only locks on to him, but goes through deflect
Not just anti-Genji, anti-Dive. Maybe he wasn't joking about Hero 27 being meta changing after all.
01/25/2018 06:19 PMPosted by Jeff Kaplan

We've been talking about her. We're trying out some minor changes on Doomfist too.

Has your opinion on Reinhardt changed at all in the past few weeks, since you mentioned in the interview you thought he currently did not need anything? Referencing the triangle you mentioned, the community certainly seems to feel that he needs a small (and I truly mean nothing major) tweak to his shield regeneration in order for him to contend with the other two main tanks. Also, I have a hard time seeing that your official numbers show he has any sort of significant play rate and/or win rate at the higher end of the ladder. That is two out of three corners of the triangle accounted for if I am not vastly off with that second part. I would just like an additional comment on this if I could trouble you for it, even if it is just that you still believe he is fine.
01/25/2018 05:50 PMPosted by Harley
I’ve seen an enourmous amount of threads about all heroes mentioned in the developer update EXCEPT... Sombra wasn’t even mentioned in the update. She is and has been one of the most talked about heroes, the community saying she needs buffs or tweaks AND she has had an awful winrate and pickrate since she has been released. STILL nothing on Sombra. What does it take?!?!

And Bastion? He’s down there with Sombra and Doomfist too...
We've been talking about her. We're trying out some minor changes on Doomfist too.

Please tell me that McCree is seeing some changes also?
01/25/2018 06:53 PMPosted by DigitalNinja

Please tell me that McCree is seeing some changes also?

Whats wrong with McCree?
01/25/2018 06:56 PMPosted by Deykar

Whats wrong with McCree?

I'm not about to go into detail about McCree's inconsistencies. There's plenty of threads out there listing his many, many short comings and issues.
My heart was bleeding after seeing the developer update... not a single word about Sombra... so many thanks for your reaction here... you haven't forgotten her, it's all that counts... thank you!!!
They talked about her. Now it probably takes another year until they actually do something.
lol it's always cute when a topic gets a blue answer and suddenly everyone quotes that one answer and expects more answers.
You're all su cute.
For Sombra I would really like to see the ability to cancel Translocator. Shifting her ult charge somewhat from medpacks to DPS and/or reducing spread a little could be good too.
I’ve seen an enourmous amount of threads about all heroes mentioned in the developer update EXCEPT... Sombra wasn’t even mentioned in the update. She is and has been one of the most talked about heroes, the community saying she needs buffs or tweaks AND she has had an awful winrate and pickrate since she has been released. STILL nothing on Sombra. What does it take?!?!

¡Gracias!

This gives me some measure of comfort. I really hope it's an upgrade to her stealth mechanic but I'm not picky.

I dont understand how they could talk about Mei being weak but not talk about Sombra.

Sombra is just a faster, but much less effective version of Mei.

Mei hacks with her primary fire. It's slower than Sombra's hack but it also slows her target, does damage, and the hacks cannot be interrupted unless you kill her or she kills you. Unlike Sombra's hack, once it is complete everyone knows it has happened because the frozen enemy is clearly visible as defenseless to your entire team.

Mei ults and every enemy in area is slowed, hacked, then frozen in place. Your entire team can see that the enemy is defenseless. While Sombra's ult lets the enemy scatter and doesn't clearly mark the enemy.

Hey Jeff... If I may, I think Sombra has a lot of potential... It's just the spread on her SMG. Like, stand ten overwatch meters away from a wall and fire at it. That's the spread of a shot gun. Reduce that - I don't know by how much, but I believe she'd be really good after that. At least, I'd love to see this at least experimented with on PTR.

As it stands, whenever I play as Sombra, I just aim in general direction and spray. I know with her spread, nothing is going to hit if bother trying to aim.

And also, just so you know... I have been so disappointed with Doomfist that it breaks my heart. He needs a lot of love as far as I'm concerned.

thank you Jeff, I can't wait to have a more enjoyable match experience with Sombra

Seems like all the team has been doing is talking about things. We never get to know what these things are, how these "talks" have been changing over time, etc.

We literally have not gotten any buff/nerf balance changes since LAST SUMMER when we got the Roadhog+Junkrat+Orisa+Widow patch!!!

The only thing we have gotten in between then and now is the Dva rework and the Mercy reowrk (and rework and rework and rework etc etc on and on and still ongoing).

WHEN are we going to get any changes to this game?? It is getting so stale without any overhauls and buff/nerf patches. The game hasn't really changed since initial Mercy rework went live. Again, the game is STALE right now, as all the following work on Mercy has not changed her overall appearance in the game, just slowly reduced how much over the top value she brings.
Would be nice if you guys said something about that in I dont know...the dev updates maybe? Agh dont mind me Im not a developer I probably dont know what Im talking about.

Is Ana being talked about? Nerfing Mercy doesn't do anything to address the problems Ana faces. A majority of Ana players (myself included) still think she needs help. She can't heal through barriers, no self regen and her one defense option is on a 12 second cooldown skillshot. She can't combat dive characters and they aren't going anywhere.
01/25/2018 11:58 PMPosted by GreedyS
Would be nice if you guys said something about that in I dont know...the dev updates maybe? Agh dont mind me Im not a developer I probably dont know what Im talking about.

Don't worry I feel you too. I'm happy Jeff addressed Sombra and Doomfist, but I would have like to hear more about what the team thinks about their current states in that developer update.