Blizzard World + New Items this Tuesday? Thoughts

General Discussion
I'm getting desperate for new content/items. I know Winter Wonderland was not long ago but I'm already bored of doing the same old stuff. I'm super pumped for Blizzard World and the new items. Mostly for the new items. My fave aspect of the game has to be the items we can unlock... skins, emotes, voicelines, sprays etc. I really hope we get these plus the new map this Tuesday.
I feel like they are delaying content because of the Overwatch league. Which is really annoying me.

Delaying content is not healthy for this game at all. It's doing harm.
I'm hoping Blizz world will be released this week but I have my doubts also...
01/14/2018 10:42 AMPosted by Lee
I feel like they are delaying content because of the Overwatch league. Which is really annoying me.

They hire people to manage and run OWL. It is not delaying Blizzardworld.

Jeff said hopefully before the end of this month. It wont be this week. It'll either be just before the end of Jan if they make their goal or early Feb if they get held back at all.
01/14/2018 10:45 AMPosted by Coulumbo

They hire people to manage and run OWL. It is not delaying Blizzardworld.

Jeff said hopefully this month. It wont be this week.

But isn't this week a part of this month?
Didn't jeff said anything like "around the end of the month"?

I am still curious how they will handle it considering blizzworld is supposed to come soon and the lunar new year is very close as well.

I feel like they actually did delay Blizzard World and it's cosmetics because of OWL.

I mean think about it-- if they dropped those with the OWL skins what do you think people would be more excited about? They wanted people to be hyped and excited about OWL. Blizzard World and the cosmetics would've stolen the spotlight.

This last week was hyping up OWL and this week is the last week they have to drop these items and hype them up before Year of the Dog takes that hype away.

So it's only logical for them to release this stuff Tuesday.

01/14/2018 10:49 AMPosted by HANA

No, he said something along the lines of "We hope to have them released before the end of the month."

I am still curious how they will handle it considering blizzworld is supposed to come soon and the lunar new year is very close as well.

Beginning of the month, actually.

It does seem like to me that the team is busy with OWL.
01/14/2018 10:52 AMPosted by Profane

I feel like they actually did delay Blizzard World and it's cosmetics because of OWL.

I mean think about it-- if they dropped those with the OWL skins what do you think people would be more excited about? They wanted people to be hyped and excited about OWL. Blizzard World and the cosmetics would've stolen the spotlight.

This last week was hyping up OWL and this week is the last week they have to drop these items and hype them up before Year of the Dog takes that hype away.

So it's only logical for them to release this stuff Tuesday.

No, he said something along the lines of "We hope to have them released before the end of the month."

It'll probably be this tues, blizzard is always vague about release times.

But I just want to point out, Year of the Dog event will probably be a later release than Year of the Rooster last year because the actual IRL event is later. Just so people don't get disappointed if it didn't release the last week of Jan.
01/14/2018 10:53 AMPosted by Eclipse

Beginning of the month, actually.

It does seem like to me that the team is busy with OWL.

He never said the beginning of the month. They have said "early 2018" and "before the end of the month"
01/14/2018 10:54 AMPosted by Roflmeow

But I just want to point out, Year of the Dog event will probably be a later release than Year of the Rooster last year because the actual IRL event is later. Just so people don't get disappointed if it didn't release the last week of Jan.

Don't forget that Halloween and Winter holiday events also mostly occur later during the time those events occur.

They usually start them before the actual event is, the only exception being Anniversary. I'd say mostly because the Uprising event ended just a couple weeks before that started.
01/14/2018 10:35 AMPosted by Szyren
I'm getting desperate for new content/items. I know Winter Wonderland was not long ago but I'm already bored of doing the same old stuff. I'm super pumped for Blizzard World and the new items. Mostly for the new items. My fave aspect of the game has to be the items we can unlock... skins, emotes, voicelines, sprays etc. I really hope we get these plus the new map this Tuesday.
Desperate? Wow desperate could you be? We just had an event end 2 weeks ago and we're set to have another one likely within this next week or two.

Jeff strongly implied during his recent interview that Hero 27 wont be making the expected March release window, so we'll see. If they don't start dropping info around Feb 27...
we won't be getting anything until at least after the first season of OWL. Blizzard are desperate to shove it in our faces and don't want to put out anything that might divert attention from it.
01/14/2018 10:58 AMPosted by FuzzyMuffler
01/14/2018 10:35 AMPosted by Szyren
Desperate? Wow desperate could you be? We just had an event end 2 weeks ago and we're set to have another one likely within this next week or two.
probably because this stuff has been on the PTR since November and been teased since then too.
When Blizzworld was announced Jeff said early 2018. That could be in the first couple months!

People have no patience these days.
01/14/2018 11:01 AMPosted by BaboonSlayer
we won't be getting anything until at least after the first season of OWL. Blizzard are desperate to shove it in our faces and don't want to put out anything that might divert attention from it.

First season lasts past June so...... good luck with that

01/14/2018 11:03 AMPosted by infidel
When Blizzworld was announced Jeff said early 2018. That could be in the first couple months!

People have no patience these days.

He has since reiterated to "Before the end of the month, unless something comes up" (paraphrased). Much like blizzard always does, it'll be at the LATEST next week, but probably this week.
Jeff said Blizzard World was in console certification.

When he says this about a patch, it usually goes live the following Tuesday.
I think it has a good chance of releasing on the 16th.
Jeff gave a valid reason for Blizzard World taking it’s time (optimization issues and map prop integration). Instead of thinking that they delayed content for an esports league, I’m going to believe the words that came out of the game director’s mouth rather than a speculation forum.

Minirant: check.

I hope that is the 16th, but either way we still have Year of the Dog coming as well. Alot of content is on the way.
I think it might be this Tuesday, since the Lunar New Year event should be starting the following Tuesday.
I’m hoping for it this week, but doesn’t owl run through this next week as well? :/ if that’s the case I don’t know if blizz world will come out or not:/