Why Does This Error Still Exist in 2018

Technical Support
Game randomly crashes and the "Your Rendering device has been lost" error.

I have an AMD r280x video card with the downgraded version (17.7.1) to prevent this error since we were told it happens on newer versions which apparently isn't the case for me.

Blizzard said they're working with AMD to fix it but that was years ago and it is still happening in 2018. Where's the fix? I am not playing comp to randomly crash and lose SR.
it was fixed in the december relase when the adrenaline driver came out. Do a clean install using display driver unistaller and put the new drivers
01/24/2018 02:45 PMPosted by Pezmerg
it was fixed in the december relase when the adrenaline driver came out. Do a clean install using display driver unistaller and put the new drivers

Ok I'll try that and see, thanks for informing me of the fix.
Ya I just started getting this in the past week too
Everytime I've gotten that error it's 1, of 2 problems.

1) Your drivers were installed wrong. You probably installed new graphics drivers over old ones, and now some files are conflicting. When updating graphics drivers, always completely uninstall the old drivers, and preferable use Display Drive Uninstaller from 3D guru.

2) Your card is dying, and you'll either want to start saving cash, or file for a warranty claim.

Edit- This assuming you're running nVidia. If you're running AMD, well, you can't fix bad tech.
01/24/2018 07:29 PMPosted by Foxxer544
Everytime I've gotten that error it's 1, of 2 problems.

1) Your drivers were installed wrong. You probably installed new graphics drivers over old ones, and now some files are conflicting. When updating graphics drivers, always completely uninstall the old drivers, and preferable use Display Drive Uninstaller from 3D guru.

2) Your card is dying, and you'll either want to start saving cash, or file for a warranty claim.

Edit- This assuming you're running nVidia. If you're running AMD, well, you can't fix bad tech.

Reason #3:
Faulty motherboard

Was the case for me.