Wow... they didn’t listen to a word on these forums :/

General Discussion
01/30/2018 11:19 AMPosted by Ðanfinity
01/30/2018 11:16 AMPosted by momo
...Its kind of important to listen to the people who actually play the hero.... but you’re right that road nerfs and dva nerfs say blizzard truly doesn’t care about the opinion of the people who play the heroes they change.

I know, but sometimes overnerfing a hero isn't a bad decision.
Lol what? What even is logic am I rite
I have "mained" Mercy for the past several months now and I have looked forward to these nerfs. Mercy is not fun but if the opposing team has Mercy that is even semi-competent, other healers just aren't up to the task. Maybe now I can enjoy Zenyatta or Lucio again.
In all fairness the PTR doesn't really exist to get our blessing for balance changes. It's basically there to make sure the game doesn't crash when they patch it.
I'm so happy this day has come.
Mercy nerfed, Junkrat nerfed, seems like they listened.
<span class="truncated">...</span>Its kind of important to listen to the people who actually play the hero.... but you’re right that road nerfs and dva nerfs say blizzard truly doesn’t care about the opinion of the people who play the heroes they change.

Yes because it was obviously fair when Blizzard turned Roadhog into a walking sack of ult charge for a good period of time.
I am so happy the devs did not listen to the delusional mercy mains. Overwatch is playable again
01/30/2018 11:21 AMPosted by caracc
In all fairness the PTR doesn't really exist to get our blessing for balance changes. It's basically there to make sure the game doesn't crash when they patch it.

Or to fine tune numbers based off feedback. People need to accept that they don't work for blizzard.
[F]inally.

I hope they find another solution eventually though. A way to make her both fun AND balanced.
01/30/2018 11:20 AMPosted by momo

Lol what? What even is logic am I rite

By that nonsensical response I can tell that you have no idea about balancing. I have played a lot games throughout my entire life.
Dota 2 is the best example for overnerfing heroes. Arc Warden and Earth Spirit were the most broken heroes when they were released. IceFrog overnerfed them, and slowly buffed them one at a time to see how and where they could unleash a heroes potential. Now those heroes are in a very good place.

So don't be so narrow-minded and say to me "WhAt eVeN iS LoGiC"
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Mercy mains.. I mean the forums in a nutshell.
Its kind of important to listen to the people who actually play the hero.... but you’re right that road nerfs and dva nerfs say blizzard truly doesn’t care about the opinion of the people who play the heroes they change.

Nah. If anything it tells the community doesn't know a thing of the game they are supposedly playing.

Both Roadhog and D.Va are more viable than ever, the net result for both was a buff if we go by their pick rates and win rates.
01/30/2018 11:19 AMPosted by kleanupman
...Its kind of important to listen to the people who actually play the hero.... but you’re right that road nerfs and dva nerfs say blizzard truly doesn’t care about the opinion of the people who play the heroes they change.

Again this is perception. It's who they are listening too. A lot if dva mains hated being a DM bot. A lot of mercy mains hated hide and res. Roadhog mains were pretty unanimous on not wanting to be nerfed but they did listen to them and added more tanking ability. People accuse blizzard of " not listening" when they don't get their way.
I don’t think you’ve read the megathread.... I don’t think you really know what Mercy mains want, nor do I think Blizzard has any clue
01/30/2018 11:25 AMPosted by momo
01/30/2018 11:19 AMPosted by kleanupman

Again this is perception. It's who they are listening too. A lot if dva mains hated being a DM bot. A lot of mercy mains hated hide and res. Roadhog mains were pretty unanimous on not wanting to be nerfed but they did listen to them and added more tanking ability. People accuse blizzard of " not listening" when they don't get their way.
I don’t think you’ve read the megathread.... I don’t think you really know what Mercy mains want, nor do I think Blizzard has any clue

OK...
<span class="truncated">...</span>Its kind of important to listen to the people who actually play the hero.... but you’re right that road nerfs and dva nerfs say blizzard truly doesn’t care about the opinion of the people who play the heroes they change.

Its particularly bad when u overnerf 2/5 of a role before you restore them to balanced

To put that into perspective that would be the same as overnerfing

Tracer
Genji
Soldier
Junkrat
Widow

In succession.
“There’s a mega thread of people who hate it”

So? Half of it is baseless whining

They have the vast majority of pros saying they hated mercy and a sizeable piece of community also saying nerf her

They DID listen....just not to your side of argument

And I guarantee you she’ll still be quite playable...you’re making it the end of the world when it’s not
If it was too heavy handed, she'll be buffed. I, for one, am glad I can play other healers without getting !@#$ on.
TBH I loved the change when they done it to Mercy by removing the team group res and adding flying mode with 1 res, made her more interesting.. and now they keep nerfing that, even do it made her more fun and got more people playing her...
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Because its not what Mercy mains want, is what blizzard wants with their game. Mercy doesn't exists in a vacuum therefore blizzard can't just listen only to the Mercy mains. You need the whole picture to draw a conclussion, SPECIALLY if you notice that the highest upvoted Mercy mains in the megathread pg1 are Quickplay Mercy mains/OTPS. Its a 100% biased criteria whichever way you look at it. What about us Mercy mains that want Nerfs over a revert? You can't just think that the megathread Mercy mains are saying what all Mercy mains want across the whole internet.
Bow your heads in respect, for our queen has fallen from grace.

F
01/30/2018 11:08 AMPosted by momo
The Mercy changes went through in full force. Press F to pay your respects.

Edit: y’all are reading “keep Mercy op” but all I’m saying is “they put through a nerf that was too heavy handed”
#RevertMercy

Regardless of if you think the nerfs were the correct move or not why are you surprised? Something like 98% of OW changes that hit the PTR hit the live servers regardless of community reaction.