Mercy is gone.

General Discussion
I've been a Mercy main from all the way back to S3 and I do agree with almost all of the nerfs except for not having insta rez when ulting. The thing is the other support heroes just could not compete against Mercy's dubble rez value. Also it was bad when Ana was a must pick, no support should ever have so much more power then the other support heroes to become a must pick.
Im glad Mercy is dead, maybe people will play healers that take actual skill now instead of that braindead moth...
01/30/2018 02:40 PMPosted by Acestial
Well, my main is now gone and I'm certain others who mained Mercy feel the same way. Goodbye Mercy. Only if I could refund your golden staff...

P.S. a year of the dog skin for Mercy won't make it ok Blizzard, so don't bother.

It's time we look for new heros.

As a D.Va main I will tell you what I told the Hog mains. I feel for you guys and you have my sincere condolences. I know that some of you will stick with it and I wanna wish those guys good luck.
So a skin could make up for a nerf??? hahahahah! Thank God they don't let golds deal with game balance. LOOOOOOOOL

edit: mercy is not dead silly, res is still a great ability. She is just nearly as good as before.
As a mercy main i just wanna say:
git gud

She is not that hard to play even after the nerf...
01/30/2018 02:47 PMPosted by Needles
They should have just retired her from the roster.

The feeling toward her, the harrassment of her mains, the constant negative stigma, and the unneeded rework that got nerfed 10 ways has been enough. Just let her die in peace.
GOLD MERCY MAIN OMEGALUL
01/30/2018 03:17 PMPosted by Imaginary
As a mercy main i just wanna say:
git gud

She is not that hard to play even after the nerf...

That's right. Won a few games in comp as nerfed Mercy.

Still has the best healing prowess. Using Valkyrie more often now. I can finally spam my ult.
Just pick a dps, like everybody else
Well, my main is now gone and I'm certain others who mained Mercy feel the same way. Goodbye Mercy. Only if I could refund your golden staff...

P.S. a year of the dog skin for Mercy won't make it ok Blizzard, so don't bother.

This is so funny. You can't even make this !@#$ up.

Sorry, I have to disagree with you. Am I allowed to copy/paste something I said in another thread? Not that whatever I said is of any value. Just my opinion. Here's what I said:

As a lover of Mercy, I'm honestly not too bent out of shape about the rework. Although, it does remind me of how stale the gameplay was before the major changes some months ago.

I said in another thread before that I don't mind the Resurrection change. In my experience, mostly in quick play, there are some people who abuse an extra life, and I end up feeling stupid about it, too. Example: someone plays a tank too aggressively, falls in battle, I give the player a 1up, and the player continues forward without the rest of the team, putting themselves in danger only to fall mere seconds later. I cannot abandon the rest of the team to put them at risk for the one aggressive player. So now I try to be frugal about it, giving it to a player who may have an ultimate ready, or a tank that hopefully isn't too aggressive.

The Resurrection rework -- no big deal in my opinion. It'll just take some getting used to again, especially since it's neither refreshed nor instant in Valkyrie.

What bothers me just a little is the reduced speed to Guardian Angel in Valkyrie. I could be wrong, but I swear it seems like it's just a little slower in Valkyrie than in Mercy's normal mode.

Also, as an undesired side-effect, I've received some grief from some players. I had one Hanzo player who snipped at me with "You know she has a rez ability, right?" I didn't respond, but if I'm the only healer, I have to prioritize who gets a revive and who has to walk back. Damned if I do, damned if I don't, and regardless of who I revive, I'm always drawing someone's ire. I suppose I can't win that one no matter what lol

EDIT: Oh, and I'm going to get her golden staff soon and proudly display it. Can't give up on Mercy :)
01/30/2018 03:18 PMPosted by Peaceable
01/30/2018 02:47 PMPosted by Needles
They should have just retired her from the roster.

The feeling toward her, the harrassment of her mains, the constant negative stigma, and the unneeded rework that got nerfed 10 ways has been enough. Just let her die in peace.
GOLD MERCY MAIN OMEGALUL
Masters Genji main OMEGALUL.

I should probably state that I was GM for three consecutive seasons before I stopped playing over three months ago.

Do you see the hypocrisy and stupidity in your unhelpful remark, or should I spell it out more clearly?
At this rate Mercy is going to become a Torbjorn tier hero. Not even. Torbjorn can kick some serious butt in skilled hands, Mercy is just Mercy at every rank at this point. I'm happy the other healers might get some spotlight, but ripping Mercy apart isn't how it should have happened. I'm confident these changes are temporary, but then again, the fact they went LIVE is really disheartening.
Hi all! I'm locking this thread to keep the front page tidy but feel free to add your Mercy thoughts to this thread: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20761088072#1