Why are you still playing Overwatch?

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 Next
Because me, my wife and my friend are having fun almost every evening together playing OW. :)
'cause I want to reach diamond and since I never will, it has become an endless loop.

edit: I did it! I'm freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Honestly? It gives me this odd sense of accomplishment when I win.

*coughcough*plusthefemalecharactersarecute*coughcough*
I like playing Zarya. I want to unlock everything and reach 1000 hours.
It's one of few multiplayer games my sister and I can enjoy without having toxic players ruin our games. We near-exclusively play Custom Games, because the toxicity in the Arcade/QP/Comp game modes are just THAT bad nowadays.
I just like going really fast
because i enjoy it more than any other game sans bloodborne.
Im obsessed with the game and to be honest the forums seem to riot behind another that's wrong with the game I know this game isn't perfect but the forums make it seem way worse then what it actually is
I'm still playing because of the release of Moira. Love her playstyle.
I've been considering quitting this game for a long time just because I had no fun playing it anymore but I still came back to see if it was just a rough patch.

It wasn't.

I think I'll just stick to reading the lore and playing very rarely at this point.
I was ready to put the game down for my other platform PS4. My favorite hero is Ana and despite claims to balance it differently for the platform it's very easy to roll slow/no mobility characters on console, like a LOT easier. Tracer with console analog movement and aim assist feels like cheating, and it's kinda why I built a stigma against her if I'm being honest.
Getting a good PC and switching to PC- I really enjoy the game more. My mistakes, strengths and weaknesses feel like my own, and I feel I can improve on it! Got plenty of fun games, been winning plenty.
01/13/2018 03:57 PMPosted by Lee
01/13/2018 02:04 PMPosted by Veodok
FFA is kinda fun.

This is probably just a "me" problem but every FFA game I join there are tons of snipers (especially Hanzo with his 1 hit scatter) I get angry so easily on that mode so I avoid it
Lucky , I always get junkrat ,Moira , Flankers and tanks (Mainly roadcock) ,Honestly most fun I've ever had was when we had 5 hanzos or 5 mccrees
01/13/2018 03:42 PMPosted by Star99er
Because a small part of me says that there's still hope that the Devs will get their heads out their butt and make proper hero balanaces for Mei, Symmetra, as well as revert Mercy's old ult.

01/13/2018 03:35 PMPosted by Alhaitham
01/13/2018 02:11 PMPosted by Ares
I dont even know.. its my favorite game ever, spent 2k hours in it since launch. But since S3 it more frustrates me then giving me fun, hate so many things and iam unsatisfied with Blizzard approach lately.

So iam playing more PVE games now.. but if i want PVP there is just no better choice then to jump back in OW, it lacks Competition, i have to say it needs competition so Blizzard would care more. Now they are just owning FPS PvP spot.

I put many hours in Cods, battlefield and multiple other less mainstream PVP FPSs but OW just took another level. I hope someone will brave enough to face them, because right now they can be fearless and they are, thats why ow looks like it looks like atm, there is literally no game which could give similiar experience.
Ever heard of tf2 ? Multiplayer game made by valve, Been alive for 10 years, It's f2p too so give it a shot ,Sunk 2175 hours (literally nothing compared to a lot of players in this game) before eventully getting bored, I still boot it up every now and then though

It's a class-based shooter ,While not nearly as many classes (Only 9) Each have different weapons that can change how they are played ,And some have some REALLY complicated mechanics you can spend hundreds of hours learnings ( Those mainly being rocket jumping for soldier and sticky jumping for demo , Trickstabbing is pretty hard too.)

Yeaah, tf2 was awesome! Spent many hours there. But they have no competition atm. Despite being great its a bit old and it cant compete with ow right now.
I want to practice with characters such as Tracer and possibly Sym

And I also want to practice with Genji because I feel like I became bad with him
I have Genjis to tbag.
01/13/2018 02:01 PMPosted by Gooby
Honest question hoping for some honest answers.

Because the game is great fun. It is alive, balance is as good as can be expected with the amount of heroes and unique situations in the game. The OW team works on the game constantly and releases content quite often.

The characters are fun and just have a good vibe to them. There is also tons of great competition in this game, you really have to be the best of the best to get to the top.

Also I love how the game allows you to switch characters whenever you like if something is not working out. This makes the game even more balanced than most people realize, alongside that mastering every character takes a lot of practice because of the nuances.

I like the fact that you can get to the top 500 with any character with enough practice. If they can get to top 500 using Mei and Sym it just shows that balance is not as much of an issue as it is made out to be, being dedicated and diligent to reach the goals you want is what really works.

I love all the various game modes, from the custom browsers craziness to the arcade to qp and comp as well. They all have their place and are fun in their own way usually (if it's not fun it is rarely the fault of the game, it is usually someone who is having a bad day or 10 and bringing everything down, what can you do /$hrug).

I love how polished everything looks and feels, I still would like 120 tick servers to see how it feels in OW, but as it stands everything feels mostly solid. I like how everything needed to play the game is included in the base price (which goes on sale from time to time even) and only cosmetics are used in loot boxes.

I enjoy being able to find a game quickly as well, but mostly I enjoy the feeling I get when I make a play that proves the toxic naysayers wrong and wins the day, the headshots and last second saving grace ults, the speed! The mobility! It's so refreshing to have a legitimate fast paced game that makes me feel like I'm flying in one way or another.

What can I say, I love this game and enjoy the living breathing entity that is OW, everything from the ebb and flow of balance to the loving attention to detail in most every aspect of the IP.
It’s the best game. I don’t feel like I’m grinding, I don’t feel like I’m being dragged to buy anything, all the hero’s are fun, there’s content updates so it feels like there’s always something to look forward too. I’m really happy with this game. It’s genuine fun
I love Symmetra and Sombra's voice actress. The only reason why I still stay here.

* waiting for Anthem patiently
01/14/2018 04:39 AMPosted by dorwinzter
I love Symmetra and Sombra's voice actress. The only reason why I still stay here.

* waiting for Anthem patiently
i was hyped for anthem too....until i saw it was from EA so yeah not a lot of hope there
01/14/2018 04:22 AMPosted by GildTesoro
It’s the best game. I don’t feel like I’m grinding, I don’t feel like I’m being dragged to buy anything, all the hero’s are fun, there’s content updates so it feels like there’s always something to look forward too. I’m really happy with this game. It’s genuine fun
good sarcasm