OWL Stage 2 will almost definitely have nerfed Mercy

General Discussion
https://www.reddit.com/r/Competitiveoverwatch/comments/7rze05/patch_for_owl_stage_2/dt0tzsk/

So, hooray. All of the exciting Widow plays and pulsebombs might not be instantly undone anymore.

Or maybe she'll still be mandatory, who knows. Either way, she'll be doing less.
Yay! :D

You can see all the Mercy main downvotes, have an upvote :)
Not much will change. Lucio becomes mercy in terms of pickrate. Ana still is sidelined with minimal moira. Teamfights are over much quicker. Games are shorter. Moira will takes mercys spot on the chopping block

Or..... Mercy is still dominant because blizzard can't admit 30 second rez doesn't work.
01/21/2018 12:01 PMPosted by EMc73
https://www.reddit.com/r/Competitiveoverwatch/comments/7rze05/patch_for_owl_stage_2/dt0tzsk/

So, hooray. All of the exciting Widow plays and pulsebombs might not be instantly undone anymore.

Or maybe she'll still be mandatory, who knows. Either way, she'll be doing less.

Hurray, now any dps that isn't Tracer and Genji will not be used ever again. ESpecially Widow who is only being as used as she is BECAUSE of Mercy, to force out Rez and guarantee early picks/better Mercy control in this meta that depends on it far more than any previous one
I mean widow has only been played so much recently BECAUSE Mercy is so meta.
The two have always gone hand in hand. With Mercy gone, it will just go back into the same old boring Dive meta (or perhaps a Moira-Lucio Quad Tank meta with zero DPS, as many Pros have been speculating. Now THAT I would love to see). I agree, Mercy has been very oppressive on the game and a "must pick", but she slowed the game down and allowed heroes like Junkrat, Orisa, Widow, Mcree, bastion, etc. to be used more. Although she dominated the support category, these last few months all of the tanks and most DPS have been extremely viable, and I've seen so much team comp diversity (Except from Mercy being on every team, of course).

I hope that these Mercy nerfs leave her in a good spot where she is still viable, but NOT a must pick. I truly believe that if every healer is viable, that the meta will become more diverse than it ever has been. Healers often dictate the meta, so when one healer is too strong it greatly affects the rest of the heroes.
Tempo rez still exists. They didn't fix the real problem at hand. I won't be surprised if we continue to see her picked but otherwise this will open up the possibility of seeing more interesting support combos such as
Moira / Lucio
Moira / Zen
Ana / Moira

The list goes on. These nerfs make dive much more feasible but we will just have to wait and see how the pros react and if they choose to keep using her. It's hard to tell.
errr, sorry for destroying your fun - Hey there stage 2 will be on an updated patch that will include whatever hero balance changes make it through to live.

but we dont know patch notes ... and about mercy - We will likely be iterating on these changes in the coming weeks.
there will be some difference from ptr, because now her ult is nonexistent
I predict she will still be a must pick. I think E rez is why she is a must pick, not her ult... but time will tell.
#RevertMercy

Blizzard, why do you never learn...
His wording makes it seem like there may be another PTR patch on the way. Possibly addressing community feedback on her. Definitely won't be the revert we're asking for, but I'm curious to see what they'll do.
O.o asuming the patch goes through with the changes that is, they did admit they seemed a bit too much and they were only being tested
When does stage 2 start?
Lol he said it will be on an updated patch and it's also known that the Mercy changes won't go through with blizz world.

They will play with the Junkrat nerf, but i am curious to see what they will do with Mercy, they won't let her stay on the ptr for no reason. I am sure they will change something.
01/21/2018 12:16 PMPosted by UkeNicky
Tempo rez still exists. They didn't fix the real problem at hand. I won't be surprised if we continue to see her picked but otherwise this will open up the possibility of seeing more interesting support combos such as
Moira / Lucio
Moira / Zen
Ana / Moira

The list goes on. These nerfs make dive much more feasible but we will just have to wait and see how the pros react and if they choose to keep using her. It's hard to tell.

imagine ana and moira in a quad tank meta, literally nothing will die.
This thread's title should be re-addressed... I'm pretty sure there's nothing in the link that has the dev saying "Yeah Mercy's getting nerfed in this patch." Sounds like they're making some tweaks to multiple heroes even. No mention of just Mercy having a nerf here or even one at all.
01/21/2018 12:36 PMPosted by Magma
01/21/2018 12:16 PMPosted by UkeNicky
Moira / Lucio
Moira / Zen
Ana / Moira

Stop reading my mind.

But real talk, Ana / Moira can dish out insane amount of sustain to the point they can keep a team fight going on forever lol

I love the quad tank idea I actually hope we see a little more of that and triple tank rather than more cheese comp + Mercy.

I actually like Mercy but I also like all the supports.
Ana thrives on having lots of tanks to heal and Moira helps her with that job as well as helping defend Ana. I think they have great synergy.

Tbh Moira coalesces with any other healer very well.

He he see what I did there
01/21/2018 12:25 PMPosted by rebot
When does stage 2 start?

February 21st
01/21/2018 12:44 PMPosted by UkeNicky
01/21/2018 12:36 PMPosted by Magma

Stop reading my mind.

But real talk, Ana / Moira can dish out insane amount of sustain to the point they can keep a team fight going on forever lol

I love the quad tank idea I actually hope we see a little more of that and triple tank rather than more cheese comp + Mercy.

I actually like Mercy but I also like all the supports.
Ana thrives on having lots of tanks to heal and Moira helps her with that job as well as helping defend Ana. I think they have great synergy.

Tbh Moira coalesces with any other healer very well.

He he see what I did there

quad tank would be a breath of fresh air from the dive meta but it would really boring to watch in OWL because nothing will die
01/21/2018 12:24 PMPosted by Monkeyman
Definitely won't be the revert we're asking for, but I'm curious to see what they'll do.

This is the first I've heard of it, and I already know

Nerf. It's ALWAYS a nerf
01/21/2018 12:40 PMPosted by xavvypls
This thread's title should be re-addressed... I'm pretty sure there's nothing in the link that has the dev saying "Yeah Mercy's getting nerfed in this patch." Sounds like they're making some tweaks to multiple heroes even. No mention of just Mercy having a nerf here or even one at all.

Well, he says that stage 2 will be the upcoming version with the next balance patch. Given that Mercy currently has a balance change on the PTR, it's pretty much definite.

I'll edit the title to show a more accurate level of confidence though.