Blues: Dva leave game to prevent stagger

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 8 Next
I have always wanted for eject to be an option because of how she can be hell staggered like that. Not the ability to eject at will, but when the MEKA is doing its death animation, you have to press a key to eject or you will just die when the MEKA dies, just like a real pilot. It works just like how D.Va can press Q during the MEKA death animation to ult, except yknow, she's just ejecting like normal.

Think of it; It only adds a form of counterplay to being staggered. This means the D.Va player has to actually think and consider if ejecting is the right play because straight dying could lose the team fight if they do so too early, but ejecting too late will end up getting them hell staggered. SO, this means it is not removing the ability to stagger her, nor is it removing her passive of ejection. In addition to that, it actually adds a layer of skill/thought to the passive, instead of the exact moment alone dictating wether or not its existance is bad or not for the player, meaning, that they have absolutely no way to play around being staggered, other than killing themselves early or abondonong the fight early, since they can only kill themselves efficiently on certain maps. Plus, as I said already, it adds another small level of immersion since t makes you feel more like a pilot.

That, I believe, is the best solution. No mechanics or strats are being removed so no one has to be mad about something going away. It adds a tad bit of thought/skill to the passive in this, what is supposed to be, a competitive esport level game. Everyone gets to be happy. Well, unless you just hate D.Va or have some kind of muscle disorder and can't press like spacebar in that window of time, in which case, I don't think you'd be playing D.Va or Overwatch at higher levels where staggering happens in the first place, BUT JUST IN CASE, there COULD be an option in the menu that makes it so you have to hold a key to not eject, even though I personally think that sort of defeats a large purpose of the existance of this idea.
That sounds so frustrating for pilot dva. I'm glad she was able to think on her feet.
I think it's the same thing if not worst.
You lose either time dying at some point or by relogging, but relogging gives you 0% ultimate charge.
They probably got mad because they thought they got outsmarted.
01/21/2018 11:01 PMPosted by Catvrix
If a roadhog gets staggered and cannot escape he'll feed 600hp worth of ultimates, if he leaves that would put his enemies at a disadvantage.
Or imagine someone getting charged by reinhardt leaving, possibly even respawning faster than when they died.

I think we're going a bit too meta here. You still lose all ultimate charge for leaving/rejoining, and I doubt it's worth it for literally anyone to leave every time you get pinned by a Rein, lol.
As a D.Va main, I would forgive(but not do that myself) that player for exploiting the system. Because the staggering is just insanely unfun to deal with, frustrating and getting on your nerves so much, that something regarding it needs to be done.

So I would not recommend doing it, but I totally understand and I think it's fair in order to keep having fun when the D.Va player feels like being exploited, to resort to something like this.

In fact, I would not be surprised that such staggering drove D.Va players to quit and not come back, out of frustration, it's a really frustrating situation and can drain your will mentally.
How is "leaving the game" a game mechanic? Seriously.
https://clips.twitch.tv/ExcitedSwissCiderNinjaGrumpy

Hmm. I don't really think you should be banned for leaving a game. There's no individual step in there that uses a mechanic we don't all already have access to and know about. I think the issue is that such a thing is the ideal way to play.
01/22/2018 05:09 AMPosted by FaneL
How is "leaving the game" a game mechanic? Seriously.

Why is making someone unable to play and just starring at the screen in despair, having his mental health and motivation in game drop more and more, a game mechanic ?
01/21/2018 11:01 PMPosted by TwixSnickers
01/21/2018 11:00 PMPosted by Hayaishi
Look at all the D.va mains defending an obvious exploit.

The most cancerous fanbase of these forums

I disapprove of your wording, but your logic is pretty flawless. Still to this date they’re the only playerbase that Jeff has had to call out (remember that “The sky is falling” thread?)
01/22/2018 05:26 AMPosted by Edsoulman
I disapprove of your wording, but your logic is pretty flawless. Still to this date they’re the only playerbase that Jeff has had to call out (remember that “The sky is falling” thread?)

Jeff also called out the people who thought Reinhardt needed a buff.
I think extreme staggering IS the exploit. It's clearly not an intended mechanic for D.va, and if you're overdoing it, I don't care that the D.va !@#$ed up your plans.

Seeing it be applied as a strategy in pretty much every OWL match is a pretty disgusting display of a perverse game dynamic that was not intended.

It was bad enough in OWL that I was thinking they should give her a "self-terminate" E ability cyanide pill, lol.
01/22/2018 05:22 AMPosted by EMc73
https://clips.twitch.tv/ExcitedSwissCiderNinjaGrumpy

Clearly mad he got outsmarted.
Baby DVa needs an out to get back to spawn.

I mean, we have a hero that legitimately benefits from suicide diving off the map. I feel like that’s poor game design.
banable - exploiting mechanic is bnable, it i s like when some guys exploited bug and got first kill in worlk, every one of them was banned
That is what you get for disabling the sr for individual performance ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Good, leaving count as a game mechanic
Maybe this is the way competitive meant to be played?
01/22/2018 05:32 AMPosted by Bodaff
Baby DVa needs an out to get back to spawn.

Well, that's what the player did.
The fix is simple, make it so if the player left through "leave game" option they're not able to rejoin. Blizzard themselves have stated that they can determine when someone leaves a game in this way.

Any other method of leaving (ALT+F4, task manager ending process, pulling Ethernet cable, etc.) takes much longer to re-launch the game and/or reestablish internet connectivity, making this "strategy" utterly pointless.
01/22/2018 05:24 AMPosted by TheAkutsu
Why is making someone unable to play and just starring at the screen in despair, having his mental health and motivation in game drop more and more, a game mechanic ?
By that logic, it's okay to abuse any exploit as long as you're getting stomped.
You all do know that both staggering and leaving/rejoining are not intended?
Jardio's a cheater as much as the D.Va player.