Blues: Dva leave game to prevent stagger

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 Next
you lose 50 SR for doing this i think
everytime you leave the game whether in the beginning or at the end even if you rejoin you lose sr
Mmmmm...

...Dva needs an ability to escape when the meka is destroyed...

...tomorrow they give him the cat skin...

Jetpack Cat confirmed
01/21/2018 08:15 PMPosted by balonium239
My gut tells me that Pilot stalling should never have been a valid tactic in the first place. On foot, she should be dangerous enough you don't want to leave her alive.

So, a lame tactic to defeat it is OK in my book.

Both are abusing mechanics.

Exactly, the D.Va didn't cheat by using a game mechanic like Jardio was. Leaving a game is a risk in itself. Seems perfectly fine if you ask me.
I mean how long can you really stall her? She only has 150 HP so she's gonna die very soon considering the Mei has to spray her.
Can't wait for there to be another exploit around reconnecting and see if you will defend it as well.
This forum never ceases to amaze. All it took was boosting DVa to the 2nd best hero in the game for the DVa mains to stop crying for buffs, but the mental gymnastics to argue that dropping out of the game and coming back in (which will get you banned if you do it enough) is justifiable to counter being blocked by in game abilities from getting back to your team?

Unbelievable.

Go ahead and use this exploit in Comp DVa players, enjoy your season bans.
01/22/2018 09:38 AMPosted by Raskkii
I mean how long can you really stall her? She only has 150 HP so she's gonna die very soon considering the Mei has to spray her.

Much, much, much, much longer than any other hero in the game by any means.

Tends to happen when the character has no means of mobility, no means of being a threat, no means of returning to spawn, and just absolutely no efficient means of playing around it.
First off, this D.Va is a genius. Using every mechanic in the game they can to win. Any competitive player should respect that.

As for D.Va stalling, there is a clear solution. New shift ability in pilot form: End the suffering. D.Va puts her bunny pistol into her mouth and fires, sending her back to spawn.
01/22/2018 09:32 AMPosted by to0ty
you lose 50 SR for doing this i think
everytime you leave the game whether in the beginning or at the end even if you rejoin you lose sr

If you return to a game you don't lose anything.
01/22/2018 09:43 AMPosted by idSurge
This forum never ceases to amaze. All it took was boosting DVa to the 2nd best hero in the game for the DVa mains to stop crying for buffs, but the mental gymnastics to argue that dropping out of the game and coming back in (which will get you banned if you do it enough) is justifiable to counter being blocked by in game abilities from getting back to your team?

Unbelievable.

How about looking for controversies where there isn't any? Does that amaze you as well?
Dropping out of the Server is not a play mechanic lol. I mean they WOULD eat a ban if they do this enough times right?

This is about as legit as dodging by having someone drop in the first 30 seconds of a match.

I'm sure you all support that as well. :]
01/22/2018 09:43 AMPosted by idSurge

Unbelievable.

Go ahead and use this exploit in Comp DVa players, enjoy your season bans.
Can't blame them for improvising. If Blizzard wants to combat this 'behavior', they should get rid of micro missiles, and instead give pilot D.va a combat roll or 'boop' like she has in HoTS, something that would allow her to counter this unintended tactic.

It just doesn't feel right to me that this is an actual thing and only D.va truly suffers from it. It just goes to show how weak her pilot mode is, while all her power is budgetted into her Mech. Pilot D.va might aswell not be a thing.
They could give a small explosion like pharah's rockets to her blaster so she doesn't get long staggers
You guys realize if she didnt have these staggers, she would be (already will be once Mercy goes away) the top hero?

By a large degree?
I'm going to laugh, people are taking this so seriously.

honestly, they're taking a hit to their competitive reputation (in SR or in ban terms) in order to do this. It's crazy clever but for most of us just isn't viable. Chill out, realize that it was a pretty damn ballsy move, and keep on because this would never become an active tactic.

(besides, they can't detect people who do this, so why bother?)
As I said, 0 people here are right. If your font isn't in blue, your input is worthless. We can argue all day boys, and I see merit to both sides as a Dva main, but a blue needs to answer this. Closest thing I saw was someone mention a green post saying 3 leaves is ok.

Blizzard changed the post topic name so they will not answer this, however.

If you guys want an answer, make many posts until a blue does something. Until then, it seems like it's fair game if you're willing to lose the ult charge.
01/22/2018 10:11 AMPosted by Pisces
I'm going to laugh, people are taking this so seriously.

honestly, they're taking a hit to their competitive reputation (in SR or in ban terms) in order to do this. It's crazy clever but for most of us just isn't viable. Chill out, realize that it was a pretty damn ballsy move, and keep on because this would never become an active tactic.

(besides, they can't detect people who do this, so why bother?)

its already a SR(50 for leaving) hit and accumulate in seasonal ban penalty.....
it doesnt matter if you leave for 1 second or not as soon as you click on that warning button the penalty is already applied.

if you dc however you can still gain points if i recall but ur toon stays standing still and remain in the game. however if you dont come back fast enough you get the above penalty
But was it cheating? The enemy Dva did that for the sake of winning, abusing ...
and there you've answered your own question.
01/22/2018 10:22 AMPosted by Qube
But was it cheating? The enemy Dva did that for the sake of winning, abusing ...
and there you've answered your own question.

It's abusing game mechanics to stagger a Dva as well. Taking full advantage of every resource available that's intended to be there is abuse. That differentiates exploiting an invincibilty glitch from a DVa leaving. No one can answer this question but a blue.
This got me thinking

What if baby Dva had a hearthstone ability? She goes back to spawn with a new mech