Genji/Tracer/D.Va/Winston/Zenyatta/Mercy

General Discussion
This dive comp is used religiously in OWL. Discuss.
As a person who has 0 interest in OWL, I hope they don't balance change just for the pro level. Only Mercy is really an issue in normal Overwatch. I'm just a low plat player, but these guys are not an issue at my level, and I don't really want them changed (except Mercy)
I love how you just state a fact and obnoxiously say "discuss."
like dude you're not a high school teacher starting a class debate or something lmao

01/27/2018 09:42 AMPosted by IvanTheOK
As a person who has 0 interest in OWL, I hope they don't balance change just for the pro level. Only Mercy is really an issue in normal Overwatch. I'm just a low plat player, but these guys are not an issue at my level, and I don't really want them changed (except Mercy)

^this
The meta doesn't really matter for the majority of the community. It only matters at the highest tier of play when even a 0.001% extra chance of beating the enemy team will be taken. Its why Lucio was replaced with Mercy, because Dive is still good with Lucio but Mercy is just simply better. Don't base assumptions that a hero is OP on pro play. Its basically a different game up there.
Which makes it even more baffling that Sombra is near the bottom in both PR and WR in the OWL. A successful hack counters all 6 of them
01/27/2018 09:44 AMPosted by RoboCombat
I love how you just state a fact and obnoxiously say "discuss."
like dude you're not a high school teacher starting a class debate or something lmao

01/27/2018 09:42 AMPosted by IvanTheOK

^this
The meta doesn't really matter for the majority of the community. It only matters at the highest tier of play when even a 0.001% extra chance of beating the enemy team will be taken.

What else is a forum used for other than discussion? Have you used one of these before...?
01/27/2018 09:44 AMPosted by Bendubz11
Which makes it even more baffling that Sombra is near the bottom in both PR and WR in the OWL. A successful hack counters all 6 of them

Successful being the operative word and with there mobility that should not happen and that's ignoring that other than EMP you hacked 1 so now the others turn and focus you so you leave and they are fine.

Sombra is a map dependent hero. She works great on maps that have health packs close to the action. I haven't kept up, but is OWL still just Junkertown and Horizon?
yea, build an entire team around the idea that Sombra might get a 6 person hack and your team is in the exact proper positioning to take advantage. OR, i could play dive comp, which is the most flexible in most situations.
01/27/2018 09:48 AMPosted by IvanTheOK
I haven't kept up, but is OWL still just Junkertown and Horizon?

yes, and this is important because week to week, teams can identify the strengths and weaknesses of their opponents. this has allowed this week to have 5x 3-2 games and 3x upsets. better strategy and counterplay are more important than your little quip about junkertown and horizon
01/27/2018 09:53 AMPosted by mikebrekt
01/27/2018 09:48 AMPosted by IvanTheOK
I haven't kept up, but is OWL still just Junkertown and Horizon?

yes, and this is important because week to week, teams can identify the strengths and weaknesses of their opponents. this has allowed this week to have 5x 3-2 games and 3x upsets. better strategy and counterplay are more important than your little quip about junkertown and horizon

Literally all I meant is that Sombra has other maps she is stronger on. Not trying to start anything :/

Yea but Sombra is heavily map dependent and a support/emp bot for pro players which means your kicking out Zen who has more use than Sombra will ever have over the course of a game.
Actually the OP is incorrect, a lot of teams just use tracer paired with a widow. Which I assume is why widow is in every single qp and arcade match.
Genji is actually used not that often. Being completely honest, I see more WIdows and Rats than Genjis.
Dva's dm was nerfed because people thought it was the cause of dive so we can cross dva off the list of character's that enable dive
Excellent, this was the exact response I wanted. Good work team, you identified the main problems Sombra has: A DPS played as 2nd support and just as an ult bot, with her signature ability easily avoidable for characters she's supposedly strong against.
I hate how they only use Moira for four Tank Meta and then switch off the character. I am a better Moira player than these pros. I am also a better Symmetra player than them too and if they used Symmetra in certain situations in their matches, I think they would have won.
Patch Notes:
Mei's freeze from ultimate and primary fire now disables movement abilities.

Multiple problems fixed ez.
01/27/2018 09:38 AMPosted by Minimal
Really wheres the Winston on the Fuel, or the Genji, or tracer?
01/27/2018 11:24 AMPosted by Spooder
01/27/2018 09:38 AMPosted by Minimal
Really wheres the Winston on the Fuel, or the Genji, or tracer?

Well their Winston is kind of Suspended rn
Winston/Dva/Tracer/Mercy/Zen is indicative of a problem but Genji gets swapped out rather frequently. Nerf Mercy and reassess tank balance and we should be fine, there's no dive without dive tanks.