on the gm+ lvl. is tracer op???

Competitive Discussion
Sorry for gammer.
If you down vote, pls comment. If you up vote pls comment.

My base for this question is, without her there is no dive. Tracer is and highly mobile, low hp, and high burst damage hero. She isn't at her best with 4 out of the 6 tanks. Rein, orisa, zarya and hog. They can't protect her. So the other dps have to be able to be play the 4 tanks tracer don't gel with. The only reason genji is played is because he work well with tracer.

If tracer get deleted, dive will be no more. I don't hate tracer, but she usually force out Winston and diva to be played. Also if mercy wasn't so op, Lucio will be played all the time to speed up the tanks to tracer speed.

I think if tracer get an small rework. Slower fire rate, faster reload, 200 hp, recall don't restore hp and bigger got box. Dive comp will get an nerf.

What do yall think?
jeff likes tracer
01/11/2018 01:40 PMPosted by DreatGick
jeff likes tracer

No overwatch hate changing heroes. But with tracer we see the same 3-5 heroes played in overwatch league.
01/11/2018 12:53 PMPosted by grambler
Slower fire rate, faster reload, 200 hp, recall don't restore hp and bigger got box

So Soldier:76. Lol. No. This would destroy Tracer and her playstyle. Might as well release a new hero.
Tracer is meta no matter what comp you are playing. A good tracer will always find value because her counters have to be perfect to actually counter her. If your team turtles, tracer creates a backline annoyance when the enemy needs to be focusing on shield break. If your team plays dive, then she provides consistent frags that finish off the players out of position due to the tank created chaos.

Tracer is balanced because when played poorly or even mediocre she is easily countered, but when played perfectly she is very powerful. Skill = results with her.
Thing is she DOES have 150 HP, but even then the only things she's uniquely vulnerable to being instakilled are Damage Boosts to 120+ damage and Mei headshots. Otherwise she might as well be the same as a 200 HP hero but extra mobile and heavy burst.
01/11/2018 02:23 PMPosted by RoboCombat
01/11/2018 12:53 PMPosted by grambler
Slower fire rate, faster reload, 200 hp, recall don't restore hp and bigger got box

So Soldier:76. Lol. No. This would destroy Tracer and her playstyle. Might as well release a new hero.

I get that but, because of tracer we have a meta that not going anywhere. There always going to be tracer, winston, and diva be played in overwatch league. It getting boring.
01/11/2018 02:35 PMPosted by Rhae
Tracer is meta no matter what comp you are playing. A good tracer will always find value because her counters have to be perfect to actually counter her. If your team turtles, tracer creates a backline annoyance when the enemy needs to be focusing on shield break. If your team plays dive, then she provides consistent frags that finish off the players out of position due to the tank created chaos.

Tracer is balanced because when played poorly or even mediocre she is easily countered, but when played perfectly she is very powerful. Skill = results with her.
you sum up why she's op on master and above. That why I purpose the changing I thought of. A hero that can be run in even comp is op.
01/11/2018 02:35 PMPosted by Rhae

Just because she is a high skill hero doesn't mean she can't be op. As jeff has said before balancing a hero you have to consider all levels of the game. example, I think pharah is op because I can't aim but in gm she is seen as a balanced maybe even a little weak because widows have godly aim.
01/11/2018 02:59 PMPosted by Zwei
Thing is she DOES have 150 HP, but even then the only things she's uniquely vulnerable to being instakilled are Damage Boosts to 120+ damage and Mei headshots. Otherwise she might as well be the same as a 200 HP hero but extra mobile and heavy burst.
but she have recall. A good tracer only due to burst damage. Sustain damage cant really kill an tracer reliable.
01/11/2018 04:37 PMPosted by grambler
but she have recall. A good tracer only due to burst damage. Sustain damage cant really kill an tracer reliable.

Soldier has biotic field, mei has iceblock, reaper has leach, bastion has repair, torb has armor, symmetra regens shields..... all of these things are powerful in the right circumstance. Tracer is no different.
01/11/2018 05:06 PMPosted by Rhae
01/11/2018 04:37 PMPosted by grambler

Soldier has biotic field, mei has iceblock, reaper has leach, bastion has repair, torb has armor, symmetra regens shields..... all of these things are powerful in the right circumstance. Tracer is no different.

Agree. I'm not saying tracer are super op, but she played in even game in owl. She going to make the owl stale to watch.
On one hand, having Tracer in every single match doesn't seem like a great idea long term. Having a decent Tracer is just too important when a Tracer VS Tracer battle can decide the outcome of the fight. I think you're also correct when you say that Tracer enables dive to be so dominant.

But... having a character that 100% as good as the person behind the keyboard is something you don't want to take away from a game. The potential of Tracer has no limit and when you play as her, you really feel each death, kill, and outplay was earned due to skill.

I don't think she should be nerfed. Your idea makes her clunky and takes away who she is as a character. IMO, she should have some competition,a hero who can keep up with her. A character who has a high skill cap but doesn't have spotty DPS like Genji or Doomfist. There's a reason why a lot of people advise you to run your own decent Tracer VS a good Tracer, you can keep up with her.
01/12/2018 02:48 AMPosted by marsh
On one hand, having Tracer in every single match doesn't seem like a great idea long term. Having a decent Tracer is just too important when a Tracer VS Tracer battle can decide the outcome of the fight. I think you're also correct when you say that Tracer enables dive to be so dominant.

But... having a character that 100% as good as the person behind the keyboard is something you don't want to take away from a game. The potential of Tracer has no limit and when you play as her, you really feel each death, kill, and outplay was earned due to skill.

I don't think she should be nerfed. Your idea makes her clunky and takes away who she is as a character. IMO, she should have some competition,a hero who can keep up with her. A character who has a high skill cap but doesn't have spotty DPS like Genji or Doomfist. There's a reason why a lot of people advise you to run your own decent Tracer VS a good Tracer, you can keep up with her.

She won't be clunky. Her dps will be the same. It just not as bursty. Tracer is the only hero that instantly heal. That is very strong. Raising her hp and take away her heal will be go for the meta. She will still have her mobility.
faster reload and 200 hp is not enough to make up for your proposed nerfs, especially taking away the healing, have you played tracer at all? Its an integral part of how the character is played.

recall would have to function like sombras translocator to come close to making up for your changes.

Also remember that there exists a hero that can completely disable tracers recall and another one that prevents tracer from healing, maybe buff sombra and anna plus create another hero that counters instead of nerfing tracer into the ground.
Been saying she's OP from the start but because she's on the cover of the game and the OWL emblem they won't touch her.

Her rewind shouldn't fully heal her seeing as every other healing ability by any other character takes time to work unlike her it's a complete reset.

Her counters Mcree and Roadhog have a small window to get her seeing as too many times to count despite her being stunned/hooked she teleports mid animation.

But it's whatever this game isn't about balance it's about catering to kiddie whiners. The kiddies love their tracer so she won't be touched.
150 HP.... OP?
You're kidding right?
Almost all of the people complaining about tracer play in an elo where tracer is a troll pick. Hop off the bang wagon and stop making suggestions on how to nerf some thing when you have no experience with.

We get it.. you want a silver mercy to have the same impact as a pro tracer but it's not gonna happen.