on the gm+ lvl. is tracer op???

Competitive Discussion
01/12/2018 08:56 AMPosted by NAhero
Almost all of the people complaining about tracer play in an elo where tracer is a troll pick. Hop off the bang wagon and stop making suggestions on how to nerf some thing when you have no experience with.

We get it.. you want a silver mercy to have the same impact as a pro tracer but it's not gonna happen.
No. I'm talking about ow league and why there 300 tracer mains in the top 500.
01/12/2018 06:37 AMPosted by gungay
faster reload and 200 hp is not enough to make up for your proposed nerfs, especially taking away the healing, have you played tracer at all? Its an integral part of how the character is played.

recall would have to function like sombras translocator to come close to making up for your changes.

Also remember that there exists a hero that can completely disable tracers recall and another one that prevents tracer from healing, maybe buff sombra and anna plus create another hero that counters instead of nerfing tracer into the ground.

So which hero counter tracer???
Mcree? Kinda he lock down a spot where tracer can't go. But she can run away from him.
Sombra? If the tracer reflexes not good and she don't blink or recall during back.
Pharah? Unless mercy is pocketing and now there 2 hero for 1.

So, tracer have no real counters. That an issue. You have heroes that can denied her space and that about it.

01/12/2018 07:08 AMPosted by nocdevon
150 HP.... OP?
You're kidding right?

You have to burst her down or she recall instantly. All heals is over time period, but tracer that instantly. Traced don't have to commit to a fight and have highest dps until she reload. It like have an bastion shoot at you for a second.
01/12/2018 01:04 PMPosted by grambler
01/12/2018 06:37 AMPosted by gungay
faster reload and 200 hp is not enough to make up for your proposed nerfs, especially taking away the healing, have you played tracer at all? Its an integral part of how the character is played.

recall would have to function like sombras translocator to come close to making up for your changes.

Also remember that there exists a hero that can completely disable tracers recall and another one that prevents tracer from healing, maybe buff sombra and anna plus create another hero that counters instead of nerfing tracer into the ground.

Mcree? Kinda he lock down a spot where tracer can't go. But she can run away from him.
Sombra? If the tracer reflexes not good and she don't blink or recall during back.

So, tracer have no real counters. That an issue. You have heroes that can denied her space and that about it.

01/12/2018 07:08 AMPosted by nocdevon
150 HP.... OP?
You're kidding right?

You have to burst her down or she recall instantly. All heals is over time period, but tracer that instantly. Traced don't have to commit to a fight and have highest dps until she reload. It like have an bastion shoot at you for a second.

You know ana can disable tracers healing right? Its on a shorter cooldown than recall so you could consistently disable tracers healing.

Sombra makes it so the tracer cannot get near your team or tracer is dead, the threat of hacking prevents tracer from fighting, as does the threat of being flash banged and killed before you can recall.

Sombra can ALSO use her ult which is extremely fast charging to hack tracer in a way that is unavoidable because its instant.

All a good mcree has to do is flash bang a tracer, good mcrees can kill tracer during the flash bang stun and the stun IS instant, tracer doesn't have time to recall.

a bunch of other heros are difficult for tracer to deal with, you get oneshot by mercy boosting pharah and pharah goes up so high by herself that its difficult to do much damage

soldier with his heal up makes tracer run off and your rocket plus a couple shots kills tracer very quickly

hanzo's arrows can oneshot tracer i think?

junkrat is pretty strong right now, tracer has issues with junkrat.

SO like i said, because they aren't extremely meta right now, buff sombra, mcree and ana, i notice you completely ignored my alternative solution in addition to ignoring how i said your nerfs are way overboard?

I'm a bit : \ when you are talking about "tracers op in gm" when you aren't in gm and have barely any time on heros that do counter tracer? Why are you so insistent on nerfing tracer into uselessness, do you just find the hero frustrating to deal with so you want to never see tracer ever? I get that, i have heros like that too, hanzo one shotting you is pretty frustrating, but im not calling for hanzo to be nerfed into uselessness.
There has also been a misconception in this thread that tracer fully heals when she recalls. Tracer goes back to wherever she was 3 seconds ago. That means that if she was at half health 3 seconds ago she only goes back to half health.

Sustained damage can and will kill tracer but you have to be able to aim.

She is the lowest health character in this game.
01/13/2018 01:47 AMPosted by gungay
01/12/2018 01:04 PMPosted by grambler

You know ana can disable tracers healing right? Its on a shorter cooldown than recall so you could consistently disable tracers healing.

Sombra makes it so the tracer cannot get near your team or tracer is dead, the threat of hacking prevents tracer from fighting, as does the threat of being flash banged and killed before you can recall.

Sombra can ALSO use her ult which is extremely fast charging to hack tracer in a way that is unavoidable because its instant.

All a good mcree has to do is flash bang a tracer, good mcrees can kill tracer during the flash bang stun and the stun IS instant, tracer doesn't have time to recall.

a bunch of other heros are difficult for tracer to deal with, you get oneshot by mercy boosting pharah and pharah goes up so high by herself that its difficult to do much damage

soldier with his heal up makes tracer run off and your rocket plus a couple shots kills tracer very quickly

SO like i said, because they aren't extremely meta right now, buff sombra, mcree and ana, i notice you completely ignored my alternative solution in addition to ignoring how i said your nerfs are way overboard?

I'm a bit : \ when you are talking about "tracers op in gm" when you aren't in gm and have barely any time on heros that do counter tracer? Why are you so insistent on nerfing tracer into uselessness, do you just find the hero frustrating to deal with so you want to never see tracer ever? I get that, i have heros like that too, hanzo one shotting you is pretty frustrating, but im not calling for hanzo to be nerfed into uselessness.

Do you play any other games? I'm not calling her to be nerf into usefulness. I'm calling for a meta change. Traced own the meta meaning she need a nerf. In OWL, tracer burst down Zen in a second and then leave. I don't mind her high dps, but it the highest by far as in that burst.
I did purpose hp increase so her counters like mcree, where she can survive easiler. I'm calling for heroes of the strom tracer. That recall remove negative effect and don't heal. Tracer can run into ana, ana can nade her. Tracer recall still work.
You keep throwing out she have 150 hp. She move the fastest and the most mobile hero by far. She is the hardest hero to shoot beside moth mercy.
I didnt even purpose the nerf to her mobilty. Is her mobility combine with an super high burst that does like 400 damage in a second then blink or recall away. That op in THE RIGHT HANDS.
This is bad for OWL if you see the same 3 heroes every game. Winston, dva, and tracer. Less and less people will watch it.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Do you play any other games? I'm not calling her to be nerf into usefulness. I'm calling for a meta change. Traced own the meta meaning she need a nerf. In OWL, tracer burst down Zen in a second and then leave. I don't mind her high dps, but it the highest by far as in that burst.
I did purpose hp increase so her counters like mcree, where she can survive easiler. I'm calling for heroes of the strom tracer. That recall remove negative effect and don't heal. Tracer can run into ana, ana can nade her. Tracer recall still work.
You keep throwing out she have 150 hp. She move the fastest and the most mobile hero by far. She is the hardest hero to shoot beside moth mercy.
I didnt even purpose the nerf to her mobilty. Is her mobility combine with an super high burst that does like 400 damage in a second then blink or recall away. That op in THE RIGHT HANDS.
This is bad for OWL if you see the same 3 heroes every game. Winston, dva, and tracer. Less and less people will watch it.

man it really feels like you aren't responding to what im actually saying, i wish you would

can you just respond to these ideas

-buff tracers counters, sombra, mcree, mei, sym, maybe roadhog for stopping the mobility and protecting healers and ana for stopping the healing.

-add a new hero that counters tracer

-if you are going to nerf tracer do it in a less significant way because removing the healing would absolutely destroy the hero and completely change tracers playstyle, could you figure out some things to make up for it besides 200 health and a slightly faster reload OR propose some less significant nerfs?

nerfs like: less damage, lowered dropoff range, cooldowns.

instead of taking away a large part of the hero, which is healing during recall, without the healing recall isn't super useful, like i said you would need to make it like sombras translocator

additionally please read the responce on this post by the user gunakor

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20759516666

respond to all that please

it feels like you are talking past me and attributing things to me that i did not infact say and its frustrating : (

additionally if your goal is to change the meta there is a way to do that that doesn't involve nerfing tracer, buffing other heros! we had a meta a while back that tracer wasn't as prevelent in, i think it was the tank meta?

edit: oh also junkrat counters tracer at higher levels i think? theres another counter.
Tracers fix is easy....let her keep 3 blinks set on a 12 second cd each.....and permit no more than one blink per 3 seconds....fixed....i know tracer defenders are gonna hate but you cant mix the words "skill" and "highest dps" "most mobility" "3 second mulligan".....thats not skill thats bad balancing or a company wanting its showgirl to provide the best show instead any of the actual charectars that do require said skill
What i really want is an anti dive tank (yes im a tank main as i think it requires the most amount of skill) but think about a hero with a 20 meter web that slows all enemy heroes within also has the ability to insta lock(web sense passive) to a target within the web and devour(3 seconds no movement instant death unless interrupted).....ahhh the glory to be had *waves goodbye to every low skill player that has ever said it takes skill to play any toon that literally is just outstanding mobility and bad damage balancing*
01/13/2018 02:01 PMPosted by EvoUndead
What i really want is an anti dive tank (yes im a tank main as i think it requires the most amount of skill) but think about a hero with a 20 meter web that slows all enemy heroes within also has the ability to insta lock(web sense passive) to a target within the web and devour(3 seconds no movement instant death unless interrupted).....ahhh the glory to be had *waves goodbye to every low skill player that has ever said it takes skill to play any toon that literally is just outstanding mobility and bad damage balancing*

I get it now. You play a tank that can't possibly counter tracer. Orisa vs tracer is a loss every time. Orisa is too slow and has too much spread on her gun to kill even a mediocre tracer.

You also play on Xbox. On xbox and ps4 the controller itself causes even slower and less consistent aim. This game is balanced mainly around pc because the pros and bulk of the community play that way.

Im sorry that you've been wrecked by tracers over and over but you'll have to get teammates that can help you kill her or pick a new main. She's balanced as is and is 100% a reflection of the skill of the person at the controls.
01/13/2018 03:39 PMPosted by Rhae
01/13/2018 02:01 PMPosted by EvoUndead

I get it now. You play a tank that can't possibly counter tracer. Orisa vs tracer is a loss every time. Orisa is too slow and has too much spread on her gun to kill even a mediocre tracer.

You also play on Xbox. On xbox and ps4 the controller itself causes even slower and less consistent aim. This game is balanced mainly around pc because the pros and bulk of the community play that way.

Im sorry that you've been wrecked by tracers over and over but you'll have to get teammates that can help you kill her or pick a new main. She's balanced as is and is 100% a reflection of the skill of the person at the controls.

She is not balanced nor does she take skill again the highest dps with the highest mobility plus an insta mulligan surely that is not what pc players say takes skill?
01/13/2018 05:32 PMPosted by EvoUndead
01/13/2018 03:39 PMPosted by Rhae

She is not balanced nor does she take skill again the highest dps with the highest mobility plus an insta mulligan surely that is not what pc players say takes skill?
You right man.