Xbox Twitch/E

General Discussion
Why doesn’t the Dvox version of Overwatch tell me that OWL is streaming. Then gives me the option to watch. I say yes... and it opens Internet Explorer. WTH? I didn’t even know Xbox used E. I have Twitch downloaded .. why doesn’t it just use the Twitch app if it’s gonna stream from Twitch anyway
Probably because Blizzard can't access an app on the console that isn't native to every Xbox.
We hope to improve the experience. There are rules in place for 3rd party developers (what we are on Xbox) about launching other 3rd party applications.

For the most part, these rules are there to protect you, the player. But yeah, it could be better.
JUST FIX IT LOOOL
01/18/2018 06:07 PMPosted by CHICKEN
JUST FIX IT LOOOL

4Head
I agree with the people saying twitch isn't a native app. Not everyone has the app installed and with Xbox offering their own built in streaming service theres less incentive to install twitch on xbox.

Perhaps blizzard could make their own app?
The XBox version tells you that OWL is live on the title screen. And since you know the Twitch app already, you are set to find you way.
01/18/2018 06:03 PMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
We hope to improve the experience. There are rules in place for 3rd party developers (what we are on Xbox) about launching other 3rd party applications.

For the most part, these rules are there to protect you, the player. But yeah, it could be better.

Please respond to the sym megathread. We sym mains feel like we are being rejected.
Does Overwatch have the main villain? ( Overwatch theory )

Hello everyone. After I have explored Overwatch short animations and comics, an interesting theory appeared in my head.
So, I noticed that villains of Overwatch universe are suspiciously connected with each other. For example, Talon is connected with Vishkar corporation ( Sanjay Korpal is a member of high council of Talon ), and Vishkar in its turn is connected with Lumerico corporation. Also, in official description of Sombra is mentioned certain «Web of the global conspiracy» of different goverments and corporations, which symbol is a mysterious «Eye» ( which is shown in a short animation «Sombra Origin Story» on 45 and 59 seconds ). In favour of my theory there is a fact that ( how it is written in the official description of Soldier 76 ) Overwatch hasn`t collapsed itself, but became a victim of the certain conspiracy.
Due to all that facts, I can certainly affirm, that in the Overwatch universe has a powerful manipulator. For a comfortable speaking I will call him «Wicked Eye».
I can`t tell a lot of about his possible abilities, so I can affirm only that he can brilliantly manipulate people and he can take under his control different technical devices ( this was shown in the short animation « Sombra Origin Story» on 45 second ). Very possible, that using this ability for control over god programs, exactly him unleashed Omnic crisis ( he could do this because omnics ( just like Talon ) perfectly fit the image of the enemy, because of fear of who citizens would sacrifice their freedom, and also in order to Vishkar corporation could cash in on restoring the infrastructure after the war and increase it`s influence on the world ). But having current information is enough for me to tell about a place of the Wicked Eye in the Overwatch universe and about his goals.
So, the goal of the Wicked Eye is obvious – this is absolute power over the whole world ( he already has a great power and, how Machiavelli said, any power wants to become an absolute power ).
Because of this, sooner or later, the Wicked Eye will have to present himself to the public and create his public shape. Due to that fact, at least firstly he will act on behalf of the name of organisation, declared goals of which are maximally similar to the official ideology of his future global empire. The organisation, which this role the best is Vishkar corporation, declared goal of which is control and order for the common good, so I think that the Wicked Eye hides under the mask of an owner, а president or a CEO of Vishkar corporation. Because of this, I think that his main base is in Utopia.
So, Jeff, on how many presents am I right or wrong? What will you say?
P.S. Sorry for my bad English and eloquence .

01/18/2018 06:08 PMPosted by Lee
01/18/2018 06:07 PMPosted by CHICKEN
JUST FIX IT LOOOL

4Head

Spat my coke all over my desk
if anything xbox should allow us to control what we open for certain things.

or bilz could provide a built in streaming video player

lol it's really funny how everyone's quoting Mr. Jeff with their own tangents..

Mr Jeff... Can we have a permanent PVE mode like uprising? Also What is the meaning of life? Thanks for your time on these forums !