OWL > Balance

General Discussion
I literally only watched the first night of OWL. It’s most likely just me but I really don’t enjoy league anymore. The stadium, colors, crowds, all visually pleasing but the games get dry. One team usually rolls the other by going 4-0 or 3-1. Usually. Also it’s literally just the same 10 or so characters ever being played. Sadly. All Mercy, Tracer, Genji, then whatever tanks. I can already guess. The worst thing about Overwatch right now is balance but I don’t even think that is blizzard’s core focus at the the moment. I believe it is OWL. I really only watched matches when someone picked Ana, Doomfist, Something new. Overwatch needs an overhaul. Balance is bleak right now.
Perfect balance doesn't exist and if something is 1% of 1% better you best believe that's what the pros will use.

Same thing happens in top end raiding in wow with class stacking.

Edit: What should really be aimed for is a better imbalance. Characters that play better in certain situations. Like a character that is REALLY good at KOTH but only plays mediocre on Payload.
we don't care much for OWL here
01/18/2018 08:51 PMPosted by LilJinx
I literally only watched the first night of OWL. It’s most likely just me but I really don’t enjoy league anymore. The stadium, colors, crowds, all visually pleasing but the games get dry. One team usually rolls the other by going 4-0 or 3-1. Usually. Also it’s literally just the same 10 or so characters ever being played. Sadly. All Mercy, Tracer, Genji, then whatever tanks. I can already guess. The worst thing about Overwatch right now is balance but I don’t even think that is blizzard’s core focus at the the moment. I believe it is OWL. I really only watched matches when someone picked Ana, Doomfist, Something new. Overwatch needs an overhaul. Balance is bleak right now.

General Rule

Korean Ubermensch teams vs Crap team= Don't watch, it's a boring roll
(Also, the semi racist "Koreans are just superior" circleyerk is really annoying)

Crap team vs Crap Team=Watch for Fun
(Example:Cloud 8(read: Clown 9) vs. the Herzegovinian Greats)

Competent Western Teams with Koreans in them Vs Korean Ubermensch Teams=Watch for exciting matches and actual exciting moments
(Example: Excelsior vs LA Gladiators or Houston)

Korean Vs Korean=Fun for those who want pure skill, but boring because i have no one to root for, and because it's a toss up if ANY of them speak English, I can't get a feel for the members through their own voices unlike Western Teams
(Example: Seoul Dynasty vs. London Spitfire)
OWL will be dead in like a week anyways so don't worry.
01/18/2018 09:17 PMPosted by Stunlaw
OWL will be dead in like a week anyways so don't worry.
Too much money to fail so far.
01/18/2018 09:10 PMPosted by Roflmeow
Perfect balance doesn't exist and if something is 1% of 1% better you best believe that's what the pros will use.

Edit: What should really be aimed for is a better imbalance. Characters that play better in certain situations. Like a character that is REALLY good at KOTH but only plays mediocre on Payload.

Sym has a 0% pickrate. That is a serious problem. Most heroes have a less than 10% pickrate while all the dive heroes are in the 80's. It is insanely boring to watch this same strat used over and over.
01/18/2018 09:47 PMPosted by PraiseTheFun
01/18/2018 09:10 PMPosted by Roflmeow

Sym has a 0% pickrate. That is a serious problem. Most heroes have a less than 10% pickrate while all the dive heroes are in the 80's. It is insanely boring to watch this same strat used over and over.

A survival hunter hasn't been used on a WF kill the entirety of legion. Is this because they're bad? Partially, mostly though it's because, like sym, they don't fill a role.

Perfect balance wouldn't see sym played more, because what the heck is sym for? They need to give sym a reason to be played. That's why I said better imbalance, you have to make heroes better at certain things then other heroes, but that also means they won't be good for other things.