Blizzard World in Comp

General Discussion
After it drops how long before it hits comp? I'm assuming it comes out with this weeks update but they won't just put it right in comp so how long is it QP only?

EDIT: We seem to think it will not be in comp rotation for a week, but no confirmation.
This depends on if they have the tech to pull the map from the competitive map pool once it goes live. With Horizon they did not have that tech up and running, and so it was in the competitive rotation as of day one.

At this point, I would expect it to be in the competitive map rotation.

In the event they do have the tech to pull the map from the competitive rotation, it will likely be only for a week. That's just based off of how they pull characters from competitive when they are first introduced though.

Edit: They do have the tech in place, as evidenced with Junkertown (which I forgot about). Expect a one week delay!
I guessed a week if anything. I knew that was a issue with Horizon but I couldn't remember if Junkertown got the same treatment or not.

I know Moria was out for a while and while blocking heroes and maps is different, if they put the effort into one they should try to block both for a while.
Normally its a week. I think?

Or is that the Heros only. I honestly cannot remember since I normally put time in on PTR so its all the same to me.
01/22/2018 07:55 AMPosted by idSurge

For heroes, yes. For maps, no.

There was some confusion about this as a Dev mistakenly commented Horizon wouldn't be in the competitive rotation once released, but would be added after a week. This was clarified as not being the actual case, as the servers didn't have the tech to support pulling a map from the competitive rotation in the same way as heroes.

That's not to say they don't have the tech now though. They very well could.
01/22/2018 07:52 AMPosted by zippity
I guessed a week if anything. I knew that was a issue with Horizon but I couldn't remember if Junkertown got the same treatment or not.

I know Moria was out for a while and while blocking heroes and maps is different, if they put the effort into one they should try to block both for a while.

I'm pretty sure Junkertown was immediate too. I got it early on in comp and had teammates saying "oh crap I've never played this map before" but I loved it because I played a TON of it on the PTR and felt like it gave me an advantage over the enemy for a little bit :)
01/22/2018 07:57 AMPosted by Sidratha
01/22/2018 07:55 AMPosted by idSurge

For heroes, yes. For maps, no.

There was some confusion about this as a Dev mistakenly commented Horizon wouldn't be in the competitive rotation once released, but would be added after a week. This was clarified as not being the actual case, as the servers didn't have the tech to support pulling a map from the competitive rotation in the same way as heroes.

That's not to say they don't have the tech now though. They very well could.
Junkertown was disabled in comp for one week
01/22/2018 08:00 AMPosted by JakuNonon
Junkertown was disabled in comp for one week

That's right! I sort of forgot about Junkertown. So it looks like they do have the tech in place!
They did it with Junkertown, it'll be a week
I couldn't remember with Junkertown either as I had this weird streak were I kept not getting it in comp, had almost been out a month before I did.

Sounds like it will be 1 week not in rotation though, assuming we are all remembering correctly.
01/22/2018 08:09 AMPosted by zippity
I couldn't remember with Junkertown either as I had this weird streak were I kept not getting it in comp, had almost been out a month before I did.

Sounds like it will be 1 week not in rotation though, assuming we are all remembering correctly.

I've even found some articles backing up those memories. I think it's safe to say it'll be a week before it appears in the competitive rotation. ;)
With how long they’ve had it on the ptr I would hope it would be released in comp but like everything else it will probably be a week.
Usually a... Week?
The amount of time on the PTR shouldn't factor in, loads of people don't use it and it would be unfair on them to see it go right to comp. Particularity with Blizzard World as its long time in the PTR means players who use it a lot will be far more experienced than the rest of us will be even after a couple of weeks in live.

I personally don't use the PTR as I've never got that satisfying games on it and the race to instalock whoever is undergoing changes means you rarely get much practice on them. I deleted it for the extra memory and just experience changes through QP before hitting comp, like many other people.
Problaly a week.
its still only qp.......