Yet another forced streak.

Competitive Discussion
Directly after a flexing, stomping, suspicious winstreak, I knew to expect it. The streak is a foreshadow to the opposite streak. Ascend and you will soon descend, and vice versa.

The turning point today showed itself in a match where I play healer for 2 rounds, up until the last 25 seconds, gold healing ana above our mercy, i swap to hanzo and get triple gold damage/elims, cap the point and get halfway through hollywood. WHAT?

(Also my team complains about me switching off ana, while the enemy team says i was the only good player. The kill feed agreed.)

We lose, obviously, and then the next 4 rouds, loss after loss after loss, with some of the same OBVIOUSLY less-skilled players on our team. This is no offence to their skill level, everybody has people "above" and "below" them, but it was blatantly obvious I was being paired with "crutch players" due to stomping with multiple medals in a row for my previous matches.

edit, forgot to mention, the SAME players flaming me for playing hanzo in the previous rounds, when paired again with me instalocked hanzo out of spite, with little to no competitive time on their record. I kept quiet and played...and lost...and lost...and lost...

Forced streaks are real, and I know blizzard says they don't program it "that way" but I strongly suspect they DONT KNOW exactly how it works, because NOBODY DOES. I suspect the formula to be an amalgum of complex formulas based on a futile attempt of accurizing "stats." The streaks are not directly applied by you, but the sheer masses who play the game will attest to otherwise, so I can only assume the streaks are an indirect effect, a byproduct, an unexpected.

And the movement change often glitches zarya grav, and roadhog ult. Jerky, spazzing camera, cannot shoot at anything during the glitch.
Maybe if you stopped being a sniper main you'd have an easier time climbing.

Also, see

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20759379305

and

03/02/2017 07:35 PMPosted by Scott Mercer
We're always trying to put you in fair matches that we think you have a 50% chance to win, and do it quickly so you're playing Overwatch instead of staring at a queue timer. We never intentionally seek to put you in an unfair one.

I've seen comments like "I just won three games in a row, so the matchmaker put me in a bad stomp to get back to a 50% win rate". It doesn't do anything like that at all. It just keeps on trying to find fair matches. If you do win more than you lose, your SR will slowly go up. As that happens it'll also put you up stronger opponents that match your new SR. That's not so you lose, it's to keep your matches fair.

There's one other thing to remember, though. The results of a match that the matchmaker thought was perfectly fair don't always result in a match that is hard fought every meter of the payload and you win by just holding them off from reaching the final checkpoint at 0:00 time remaining. Matches with teams of equal skill result in 3-0 stomps more than you think. Maybe an early fight snowballed out of control due to staggered spawns, maybe a player decided he was going to try to pickup a new hero that match, or perhaps your's cat decided to play with your keyboard right before you used that Graviton Surge and it wildly missed its mark. We're all human, and we don't perform at the perfectly same level all the time. It's one of the reasons competitive games are so much fun to play and watch.
Ah, I've read both of those posts and I understand the point of view, but I am simply reporting it as its happening to hopefully remind people it is an ongoing problem.

Forgive me but I really dont agree with the "sniper main" comment. I suppose I play a lot of sniper, but they are simply heroes in the game, not to mention I play tank just as much, over 200 something hours on dva alone. I plenty of support and am well rounded with most other characters including the dps roster. I'm open to explanation for that comment as I just dont understand it or its base.
So let me get this straight. You did nothing to change your gameplay and got a few straight lucky wins and saw nothing wrong with that, but when you reached a higher elo where you became a detriment to your team so much that you're on a losestreak, you see something wrong?

Please look in the mirror.
Is it really so hard for you to believe that your perception of these streaks is just personal bias? I see you're willing to admit the absurdity of Blizzard intentionally doing this to anyone, but I guess you have trouble believing there's a pattern beyond natural randomness in relatively even PvP matches and appropriate matchmaking. The pattern is in your head; humans are very good at spotting patterns that don't exist.

Your teammates for sure are not getting worse as you win more; how would that even work!?
01/22/2018 12:06 PMPosted by sonamor
Forgive me but I really dont agree with the "sniper main" comment. I suppose I play a lot of sniper, but they are simply heroes in the game, not to mention I play tank just as much, over 200 something hours on dva alone. I plenty of support and am well rounded with most other characters including the dps roster. I'm open to explanation for that comment as I just dont understand it or its base.

From this season:
Hanzo, 12 hours, 38% win percentage
Ana (I include her as a sniper, considering how off-meta she is right now), 11 hours, 45% win percentage
D.va, 9 hours, 69% win percentage
Widow 5 hours, 47% win percentage
All others 1 hour or less

You're allowed to play snipers. But you aren't good enough to carry with them. It looks like, practically speaking, you are carrying with D.va and throwing with Hanzo/Ana/Widow. I'm saying the best thing you can do to "get good" is play heroes that are more meta. Or maybe stick to tanking whenever possible.
Hit Plat yesterday (after being in the Deep Bronze in S5 and S6). The losing streak began. The latest game, my dear Plat team mates could not execute a frigg'n Pirate Ship on Junkertown. I gave up playing what I wanted for what I thought would help the team, but no avail! Thank you for getting me demoted.

P.S. I will be back for I am not done climbing :)
Kaawumba with the high IQ analysis.

So many people stuck in low ranks because they keep playing heroes they think they are good at, but aren't.
01/22/2018 12:23 PMPosted by Kaawumba
Widow 5 hours, 47% win percentage
All others 1 hour or less

You're allowed to play snipers. But you aren't good enough to carry with them. It looks like, practically speaking, you are carrying with D.va and throwing with Hanzo/Ana/Widow.

I wudnt exactly call 47% win rate "throwing".
I'm still waiting on the complaint threads about forced win streaks.

I guess when you were winning it wasn't forced, but now that you are losing it is.
How come I don't have a 100% win rate I think the game is hacking my internet and making my controls invert so I lose 50% of my games angry face
01/22/2018 01:25 PMPosted by mrjman

I guess when you were winning it wasn't forced, but now that you are losing it is.

Dont expect anyone to complain about winning. That would just be stupid.

The thing people are complaining about is the streakiness of matches. This includes win streaks and loss streaks. I bet that most people would accept getting rid of extreme winning streaks if that means getting rid of extreme losing streaks.
01/22/2018 11:24 AMPosted by Kaawumba

Also, see

and

03/02/2017 07:35 PMPosted by Scott Mercer
We're always trying to put you in fair matches that we think you have a 50% chance to win, and do it quickly so you're playing Overwatch instead of staring at a queue timer. We never intentionally seek to put you in an unfair one.

I've seen comments like "I just won three games in a row, so the matchmaker put me in a bad stomp to get back to a 50% win rate". It doesn't do anything like that at all. It just keeps on trying to find fair matches. If you do win more than you lose, your SR will slowly go up. As that happens it'll also put you up stronger opponents that match your new SR. That's not so you lose, it's to keep your matches fair.

There's one other thing to remember, though. The results of a match that the matchmaker thought was perfectly fair don't always result in a match that is hard fought every meter of the payload and you win by just holding them off from reaching the final checkpoint at 0:00 time remaining. Matches with teams of equal skill result in 3-0 stomps more than you think. Maybe an early fight snowballed out of control due to staggered spawns, maybe a player decided he was going to try to pickup a new hero that match, or perhaps your's cat decided to play with your keyboard right before you used that Graviton Surge and it wildly missed its mark. We're all human, and we don't perform at the perfectly same level all the time. It's one of the reasons competitive games are so much fun to play and watch.

Loss streaks are meant to happen, in every rank.
The games puts you in a team with 50% chance of victory. That means the average winrate on your team is around 50%. That means if you o have 80% winrate the game will pair you with a 20% or close winrate player. The average is 50%, this is why when u start winning alot the quality of the matches slowly gets wrose until you have a 50% winrate again and then you get paired up with decent players again, and the cicle keeps going.
01/22/2018 02:09 PMPosted by DeadlyPants
01/22/2018 11:24 AMPosted by Kaawumba

Also, see

and

The games puts you in a team with 50% chance of victory. That means the average winrate on your team is around 50%. That means if you o have 80% winrate the game will pair you with a 20% or close winrate player. The average is 50%, this is why when u start winning alot the quality of the matches slowly gets wrose until you have a 50% winrate again and then you get paired up with decent players again, and the cicle keeps going.

unreal thought processes. hahahahha.
01/22/2018 02:14 PMPosted by aflyguy
01/22/2018 02:09 PMPosted by DeadlyPants

unreal thought processes. hahahahha.

and why is that? Alot of people have experience this.

Each team as 50% to win (said by the devs) in other words, your team average winrate is 50%, that can range from one guy having a 60% winrate to other having a 25% winrate.
01/22/2018 02:03 PMPosted by Stue
01/22/2018 01:25 PMPosted by mrjman

Dont expect anyone to complain about winning. That would just be stupid.

The thing people are complaining about is the streakiness of matches. This includes win streaks and loss streaks. I bet that most people would accept getting rid of extreme winning streaks if that means getting rid of extreme losing streaks.

Streaks are a natural phenomena even with perfect 50/50 odds. Just because people "feel" the pain of loss streaks doesn't mean they are forced. They can and will happen. Most of the time this "feeling" that people have causes them to tilt and then the match that should have been really close to 50/50 odds is now 40/60 in the other team's favor because the MM can't measure your tilt level and it is causing you to play worse than you normally would. In this sense it is almost self-perpetuating.

You have to be willing to accept that streaks happen even with perfectly even matches and then remember the millions of variables in play when you put 12 random humans in a match together and its easy to see why its difficult to generate matches that are true 50/50 all the time.
You said noone, including Blizzard, knows how the system works. Yet in the same post you say "forced" streaks are real, as if Blizzard consciously made the system work the way you describe? Don't you think it sounds slightly controversial?

Why can't you just accept that solo queue on ladder is mostly luck-based. And of course you should remember about tilt which will certainly help you ending up on a loss streak as you get more and more salty and less focused with each loss.