Is Symmetra a DPS or Support?

General Discussion
Because people i play with can’t seem to make up their mind.

*Someone picks mercy,I pick Sym*

Team: OMFG why do we have 3 DPS??!!!! Go second healer sym we already have 2 DPS.

*I pick sym someone picks mercy then another picks zen.*

Team: Why do we have 3 supports? Sym switch.....

You just said she was a DPS the previous round and argued me down how she wasn’t a support you moron now she is a support when you don’t want her in the line up?
No one knows, because no one ever picks her.
"DPS" as a class is already a fallacy. Offense and Defense classes do different things.
Neither, Symmetra is a rock bottom..
She does both incredibly poorly.
Is Zenyatta a Dps or a Support?

He is half-half.

So is Sym.

And Torb.

And Sombra.
Sym need reworks. Her turret should heal teammates 5hps (health per second).
She takes a Support slot. Like Sombra.
Symms playstyle is one of a support. If you have Symm, you usually run solo heal or one of your healers is Zen (so he can deal some damage).

The person who plays Symm is usually the person who switches to healer if you lose 1st point.

However, there are people who play very aggressive, “DPS Symmetra“.

Honestly, it's easier to just ask and work around it.

However, there are people who play very aggressive, “DPS Symmetra“.

Honestly, it's easier to just ask and work around it.

I've identified the problem.
I see her as a ... (odd) flanker.

After all - she harshly punishes enemies who are out of formation.

- instead of increased mobility, she's got her shield she can hide behind while she comes close for that sweet sweet microwave
- yet if she ever tried that against a group of 3 enemies - she's the one who's a goner
- likewise, those turrets can be set up to bar an alternative sneaky route - acting as killer of weak characters, and alarm if they destroy them.

Her kit also allows for decent point defense (ye old Sym/Torb/Bastian hell :) )and kind of a one shot dive tank (using her shield to protect her and her fellow DPSes to run in, and rain solidified light hell from above.

In short - when there's good teamwork & you got a mastery of her abilities & flexibility - she can be a real boon.
I feel like you're better off replacing a DPS slot with her rather than support ,Despite her being more support than DPS.
She's a support.