All these posts with VALID arguments to revert Mercy...

General Discussion
01/29/2018 01:45 PMPosted by Mauden
01/29/2018 01:14 PMPosted by Titanium
You do realize you literally just gave another reason to revert her, yes?

She wasn't OP before the rework.

Doesn't matter if she wasn't OP before the rework. The "hide and seek" playstyle wasn't fun for anyone but Mercy mains, and blizzard doesn't want that back.

It's not going to happen.

Except several other characters hide before they use thier ult as well, so they don't die before they can pop it.

And this version is 100 times worse, to the point is literally caused a toxic warfare to lash out against the different players.

(Also only bad Mercy's did hide and rez, and making it a close line of sight, like Rez is now, would be a very quick fix to that. Unless you meant having to seek out the healer cause...you kinda have to do that no matter what healer is there.)

In fact, I've been seeing a lot more hiding since they made it so Ults could be lost via stun or death, more people are worried they're gonna K.O before it can activate properly.

I can understand it, trust me I wanna scream when Snowball or my pulse bomb suddenly cease to exist if I die, but it doesn't take away from the fact that they've, in an odd way, reinforced it a little.
01/29/2018 02:24 PMPosted by SeraphimSong
Except several other characters hide before they use thier ult as well, so they don't die before they can pop it.

None of those characters resurrect an entire team.
01/29/2018 02:26 PMPosted by Mauden
01/29/2018 02:24 PMPosted by SeraphimSong

None of those characters resurrect an entire team.

They do however, have the potential to wipe out an entire team with the same button, different name.

It was rare they would get a full team rez, and, if played properly your entire team wouldn't use all of thier Ults knowing there was the potential of rez.

It was rather easy to undo. Annoying if it was the enemy, great if it was your team, but not hard to clean up.
"Valid" LUL

Here, have a VALID argument

Jeff : " We want to reduce the power and impact of resurrect and we want to make Mercy more about healing rather than being valuable only because of ress"

Revert is the complete opposite of that.
01/29/2018 02:30 PMPosted by Pulse
"Valid" LUL

Here, have a VALID argument

Jeff : " We want to reduce the power and impact of resurrect and we want to make Mercy more about healing rather than being valuable only because of ress"

Revert is the complete opposite of that.

While that is very important, she was already a walking healbot/healthpack so making that part of her be the only focus is what has made her very unfun to play now.

An ult should feel impactful, and a character should be fun, I think that is where Valk and the new Mercy is lacking.

I don't think a revert will happen, and Rez is OP as it is now and she is OP as she is now don't get me wrong. And many Mercy Mains agree.

I just don't want the value of the character to also go down with it. What's the point of having a character as an option if it's as fun to play them as it would be to play with a rock? That's my worry.

Edit: You can downvote me if you like. I just enjoy trying to have a discussion on stuff <3
01/29/2018 12:43 PMPosted by dabby
no response

BIG VIDEO IN YOUR LAUNCHER...

watch it and feel verry dumb for saying that...
01/29/2018 12:46 PMPosted by GenjiIsCool7
I know this has nothing to do with this subject, but uh..

Pineapple doesn't belong on pizza. It's disgusting.

I'm going to have to politely disagree with you, good sir.

Anyway, on the topic of Mercy, I don't think pre-rework Mercy was busted, but I also think that current rez-on-cooldown Mercy can work as well. Hopefully the changes that are on the PTR will help with that.
Still waiting for that valid argument
01/29/2018 02:40 PMPosted by Coulumbo
Still waiting for that valid argument

Because "Reasons".
and yet, no response. #RevertMercy

You got a response, it's just not the one you wanted.

Jeff said they were happy with the rework, because it fixed the problem they were aiming at: Mercy's hiding to rez. However, they needed to tune the balance of this new version of Mercy. Which they are doing.

While some people are trying to gas-light players and say "hide to rez" wasn't a thing, this is what constantly happened at high-levels. Games were "hunt the Mercy or lose the fight". But don't kill her too fast, or she'll come back in time to rez her teammates anyway.
01/29/2018 02:48 PMPosted by FriendlyFire

You got a response, it's just not the one you wanted.

Jeff said they were happy with the rework, because it fixed the problem they were aiming at: Mercy's hiding to rez. However, they needed to tune the balance of this new version of Mercy. Which they are doing.

While some people are trying to gas-light players and say "hide to rez" wasn't a thing, this is what constantly happened at high-levels. Games were "hunt the Mercy or lose the fight". But don't kill her too fast, or she'll come back in time to rez her teammates anyway.

That's what it still is though, unfortunately. Hopefully more tuning will fix it, I just don't want her to get super boring to play in the process.
01/29/2018 02:50 PMPosted by SeraphimSong
That's what it still is though, unfortunately. Hopefully more tuning will fix it, I just don't want her to get super boring to play in the process.

I don't get how flying around in a fight as super-saiyan Mercy is more "boring" than literally staring at a wall telling your teammates to die.

But I guess I'm not a Mercy main.
01/29/2018 02:07 PMPosted by Mauden
01/29/2018 01:49 PMPosted by NatureHoot
Oh but the dive comp meta is so fun, the three tank meta was so fun, getting team cleared is soooo fun.

Sounds like you just don't like the game in general.

01/29/2018 01:49 PMPosted by NatureHoot
No, if she wasn't OP, and she wasn't all that much of an issue to counter, what is the issue again with 1.0 Mercy?

You quoted the issue and then ignored it.

Since I clearly need to repeat myself, I'll just quote myself.

01/29/2018 01:45 PMPosted by Mauden
Doesn't matter if she wasn't OP before the rework. The "hide and seek" playstyle wasn't fun for anyone but Mercy mains, and blizzard doesn't want that back.

Take note of that very last part. Even the Overwatch team didn't like Hide and Seek: Mercy edition.

I saw what you said all too clear. The Overwatch team is more concerned about building the game for OWL, not rather or not anyone enjoyed it outside of the 'pros'. When I bring up things like the Dive Comp and three tank meta those are things that aren't FUN about Overwatch that are/were used consistently to win games. Mercy 'hiding' was not making the game unfun for anyone but the people who kept losing team clears.

If it wasn't any fun then what is it now? What was the force one person to play mercy meta? Was that fun? No, no it wasn't. Mercy hiding is not even a legitimate issue, she was stoppable, she was kill able and most importantly the Mercy player got to have fun too instead of being a rez bot.

What is it when McCree hides for a high noon behind enemy lines? What about Reaper teleporting and hiding for a death blossom? Those surely make the game unfun, what about hanzo 'hiding' to get the dragons off at the right time? They clear teams.
01/29/2018 12:46 PMPosted by GenjiIsCool7
Pineapple doesn't belong on pizza. It's disgusting.

Hey I love pineapple on my pizza!

Can we please stop with these nerf pineapple suggestions and consider buffing pepperoni instead?
People in my village told me about powerful witch doctors, that could cast lightning bolts.
Just like posts with VALID arguments to revert Mercy, it turns out
IT"S NOT TRUE!!! THEY DON"T EXIST!!!
Reverting her just makes it the old awful experience. Why should people have to have a bad experience playing the game because a certain group can't play anything but the most basic and easy hero.
the sad thing is that the new mercy (atm with nerf) feels disgusting and unfun i don't feel as useful to my team man i can heal.
But look at all those defense ults, offensive alts from other supports Hmmm.
just feels bad the ult is even ran away from by YOUR team even in GM they run away from a valk.

Mass invulnera rez was unbalanced because it expected DPS to do two things at once: kill the protected/hiding mercy or kill the enemy team. When you focus on killing the enemy mercy you could potentially waste valuable time or die (especially if you're not on tracer/genji) and if you focus on killing the enemy team the mercy comes in and rezes, and you can't do jack about it.
01/31/2018 01:32 AMPosted by TedCruz

Mass invulnera rez was unbalanced because it expected DPS to do two things at once: kill the protected/hiding mercy or kill the enemy team. When you focus on killing the enemy mercy you could potentially waste valuable time or die (especially if you're not on tracer/genji) and if you focus on killing the enemy team the mercy comes in and rezes, and you can't do jack about it.

Wait,wait, so you're telling me that all of the other DPS are so incompetent and weak that they can't stop a Mercy from going in for a Mass rez? How does that waste time if you're stopping her from creating another team fight?????? You can FIND HER, YOU CAN KILL HER, YOU CAN GUN HER DOWN WHILE SHE FLIES IN FOR REZ. It's not hard at all.
01/29/2018 02:48 PMPosted by FriendlyFire
This is BS and most everyone who can think for themselves and look at the games they've played that had the old Mercy in it will agree it hardly ever happened. Just because Seagull encountered it and highlighted it on his stream it's suddenly a major issue and "happens every game"? Come the !@#$ on. Where's your brain?