Major FPS drop since 23 Jan 2018

Technical Support
Prev 1 5 6 7
I'm so glad I'm not the only one with this issue here. Well that's where the best news end :D
I'm playing on a very solid laptop, and my 144 fps in the first few games are randomly dropping to 30-40s literally making it unplayable (and I'm a widow!)

Upd: Ran a UserBenchMark and got this: http://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/7438993 So I quite doubt this is hardware-related. The only other GPU-heavy (well, very heavy!) game I'm playing is PUBG, and it's running smoothly on the highest settings. So dear Blizz, pls fix this. :<
This has been a major issue for me. I've been lurking on this topic for a while now. I've been having these exact issues myself since the OWL league update came in. Every new update has made these spikes worse and worse. Doesn't matter if my settings are on the lowest they can be, or if my frames are uncapped to 300fps, my frames drop for NO reason. Even in the main menu, training area, and afk in spawn where barely anything happens.

I've taken some screenshots of my experience with it so far.

https://imgur.com/a/niFez

It's been hard trying to play competitive since these frame drops also mess with the game input, sometimes even getting mouse 1 stuck on when I'm not even pressing anything.

Seeing other threads and this thread makes me happy since the first thing I think is that since Overwatch is a CPU tasking game at times, I was hoping it wouldn't be my CPU dying. (I then checked other games and no issues so it must be game related).

My computer rig:
CPU: Intel Core i7 4790k @ 4GHz
GFX: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 (MSI)
RAM: 16GB Dual Channel
Storage: Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB (My games drive), Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB (Boot Drive)

I've lurked every thread I could find and have tried to see if any of the suggested solutions in them worked. Which none have so far.
02/20/2018 11:23 AMPosted by Mukaltin
(and I'm a widow!)

I've tried playing in QP as Widow so I've experienced your pain as well. Things for me hasn't been as too painful since I'm a Junkrat main but has been messing with any fancier plays that I try to pull off, plus been trying to play Mei and the occasional Bastion as of recent and this has really been messing with what I can do.
Can we get a 3v3 lockout competitive mode?
Can we get a 3v3 lockout competitive mode?