PC Low End Support

General Discussion
Edit: It appears I have other options such as external graphics and SSDs, I'd like to thank all the helpful people.

It pains me to say but I think the Low End PC players (such as I) are getting the boot in the game, I've tried everything I could to optimize my load times and frames for the game but it's not enough. I play in windowed 1080 x 800 (or something like that) with as low as you can go graphics, killed all other programs and even forced my computer to put more power into Overwatch...

and

well I still get long load times for maps (I got decent internet, 12MB Up 34 Down) and when i get into the game I also have to wait for models to load in which means I can't play for the first whole 60 seconds of whatever im playing, not only that half the time the map load is so long I get booted for inactivity and can't do a thing for it.

I'm really hoping at some point a patch comes in later along the line to help with these problems, I want to enjoy the game but I can't put money into a better computer.

Anyone else aboard the Low End PC People?
How low-end is your PC? Care to post the specs?
Hmmm... have you considered not owning a "wooden" pc? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I have a laptop from 2013 or so that runs the game at lowest settings, 720p fullscreen 30FPS, but I also have a budget PC a friend and I put together for under $300 that runs Overwatch 1080p 60-70fps Max settings.

Find a refurbished workstation on eBay (about $150 + $50 shipping) and a used GPU (mine is an nVidia 760, got it for $60 on eBay). Pop in the GPU and you're all good. Find a friend who's good with computers and tech that can help you out (that's what I did!) and tip them ($20 or so--just something nice to do) for helping you find a decent setup on eBay.

I have friends who spent $1000-$3000 on a decked out custom gaming rig and just end up playing Overwatch on it and not getting past gold league. My whole PC costs less than their CPU alone--Imagine that! If you don't mind not having the bells and whistles, it's definitely possible to game on a budget.
Windowed mode usually slows framerates down more than full screen. Leave it full screen and it should help slightly.
I am curious too how low end is low end? From what I see the only limiting factor for this game to run is the graphics card. The requirements for operating system, processor, non-volatile memory, and RAM are incredibly low. The only real attribute is the graphics card and you can pick up some cheap stuff to run the game just fine fine at 60 fps.

https://www.ebay.com/i/292418739684?rt=nc
^ 30 dollars and it runs it at 60 fps
i have a 2016 laptop and i cant run this game anymore on low settings. cant afford a new pc for like a year so im off to wow where i can pick flowers and not lag
01/23/2018 07:38 PMPosted by Foxire
well I still get long load times for maps (I got decent internet, 12MB Up 34 Down) and when i get into the game I also have to wait for models to load in which means I can't play for the first whole 60 seconds of whatever im playing, not only that half the time the map load is so long I get booted for inactivity and can't do a thing for it.
This is a HDD issue.
Ight to all the people showing me prices on stuff, I thank you but I have no extra money on my budget to invest in better computers at this time or for a while, as for specs

first off i'm running a macbook pro that I bootcamped to windows 7 just so you get that,

CPU: Intel Core i7 3520M @2.90 GHz

RAM: 8GB DDR3

Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4000 (I know they suck its all I can have)

now before you go anywhere with how could you afford a mac, it was a gift, and is currently my only access to computers at the time being.

If ya'll got tips to help me let me know.
STOP PLAYING ON A WINDOWS VISTA THEN
01/23/2018 08:24 PMPosted by IHateAiming
STOP PLAYING ON A WINDOWS VISTA THEN

Windows 7 is what I use, Enterprise edition to be exact.
Loading times for maps and assets are the fault of your SSD/HDD, not your Internet speed.

Also Overwatch has one of the best support for low PC's I've seen on a triple A title. I've seen someone run Overwatch on low settings (1080p) on a GT 1030 and Ryzen 3, forgot which one.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/rmqd8K

In about 5 seconds I whipped up a PC that can run Overwatch on low-ish settings, if you don't want low settings you can get an xbox one x for the same price. I'm not saying go and build that rig right now, the parts were chosen quickly and it's probably not a good build, but I'm proving my point here.
01/23/2018 08:26 PMPosted by Champ
Loading times for maps and assets are the fault of your SSD/HDD, not your Internet speed.

Also Overwatch has one of the best support for low PC's I've seen on a triple A title. I've seen someone run Overwatch on low settings (1080p) on a GT 1030 and Ryzen 3, forgot which one.

In about 5 seconds I whipped up a PC that can run Overwatch on low-ish settings, if you don't want low settings you can get an xbox one x for the same price. I'm not saying go and build that rig right now, the parts were chosen quickly and it's probably not a good build, but I'm proving my point here.

Alright thanks for the info, unless i find a way to improve my SSD/HDD I guess im stuck with what I got.
01/23/2018 08:24 PMPosted by Foxire
Ight to all the people showing me prices on stuff, I thank you but I have no extra money on my budget to invest in better computers at this time or for a while, as for specs

first off i'm running a macbook pro that I bootcamped to windows 7 just so you get that,

now before you go anywhere with how could you afford a mac, it was a gift, and is currently my only access to computers at the time being.

So you have this laptop.
https://everymac.com/systems/apple/macbook_pro/specs/macbook-pro-core-i7-2.9-13-mid-2012-unibody-usb3-specs.html
01/23/2018 08:28 PMPosted by GreyFalcon
01/23/2018 08:24 PMPosted by Foxire

So you have this laptop.
https://everymac.com/systems/apple/macbook_pro/specs/macbook-pro-core-i7-2.9-13-mid-2012-unibody-usb3-specs.html

Yep thats it.
01/23/2018 08:30 PMPosted by Foxire
01/23/2018 08:28 PMPosted by GreyFalcon
So you have this laptop.

Yep thats it.

Hahaha, dude you can't expect to run a triple A title on integrated graphics!

If possible, you could look into external graphics solutions.
01/23/2018 08:31 PMPosted by Champ
01/23/2018 08:30 PMPosted by Foxire

Yep thats it.

Hahaha, dude you can't expect to run a triple A title on integrated graphics!

If possible, you could look into external graphics solutions.

I guess :/ I just wanna enjoy this game more. Wait external graphics? thats a thing? mind pointing me in the right direction?
My PC is trash. Good GPU but rubbish CPU.
I get really bad fps fluctuation. It is never stable.
Welcome to the low end PC squad.
01/23/2018 08:27 PMPosted by Foxire

Alright thanks for the info, unless i find a way to improve my SSD/HDD I guess im stuck with what I got.

Wonder if External/Portable SSD's work.

For instance,
https://www.amazon.com/MyDigitalSSD-120GB-SuperSpeed-Portable-Support/dp/B00EZ2FRU2

i might have missed something, but OW wont fit on that build. you need to include an OS, which is about 15-20GB. Overwatch is probably about the same size. you would need a larger SSD than 32GB.
An OS would also need to be included in the budget.