Simple scatter arrow nerf

General Discussion
01/27/2018 10:47 AMPosted by LoseUrself2D
Why not just reduce the damage so it doesn’t one-shot heroes? That way it can still kill low-health enemies around the corner or damage tanks. Since it’ll take away the ability to one-shot heroes, it’ll actually take skill and aim to, let’s say:

Scatter -> enemy gets half health -> land regular shot to kill

Instead of just one instakill scatter.

(Tbh I don’t like this idea since I love playing Hanzo but I’m just putting it out there)

450 damage every 10+ seconds in this game is considerably low, especially for a defense hero. To put this in perspective, if Widowmaker can cause 300 damage headshots every 1.2 seconds, it certainly feels plausible for a hero like Hanzo to throw a combined damage of 450 with an ability every 10 or so seconds.
01/28/2018 10:08 AMPosted by Yin
01/27/2018 10:47 AMPosted by LoseUrself2D
Why not just reduce the damage so it doesn’t one-shot heroes? That way it can still kill low-health enemies around the corner or damage tanks. Since it’ll take away the ability to one-shot heroes, it’ll actually take skill and aim to, let’s say:

Scatter -> enemy gets half health -> land regular shot to kill

Instead of just one instakill scatter.

(Tbh I don’t like this idea since I love playing Hanzo but I’m just putting it out there)

450 damage every 10+ seconds in this game is considerably low, especially for a defense hero. To put this in perspective, if Widowmaker can cause 300 damage headshots every 1.2 seconds, it certainly feels plausible for a hero like Hanzo to throw a combined damage of 450 with an ability every 10 or so seconds.

the thing is, those are headshots from a sniper rifle.

the scatter arrow is capable of oneshotting Orisa (and many others) by shooting at her feet.
01/28/2018 10:14 AMPosted by Blueblizz
01/28/2018 10:08 AMPosted by Yin

the thing is, those are headshots from a sniper rifle.

the scatter arrow is capable of oneshotting Orisa (and many others) by shooting at her feet.

I mean you are comparing a hero ability with 10 second cooldown to a hitscan primary fire.

I'm 100% sure abilities are meant to be stronger than primary weapons, unless it's something like mobility.
why not give him 2 recon arrows and dragonstrike on a 30 seconds cooldown?
Just lower sonar arrow to 10s cooldown while it lasts 10s cooldown, it's one of the best skills for hanzo
01/27/2018 10:52 AMPosted by CloudBurst
I like the idea honestly, cuz Scatter Arrow is very OP in my eyes. Can easily kill any hero that isn't tank in one go, and can kill slightly wounded tanks.

The question is, due to Blizzard "reworking" Hanzo, wanting to see how they'll fix Scatter Arrow or replace it entirely, most likely the latter.

False, as he can one-hit scatter arrow Orisa.
Every time scatter comes up, people wax dramatic about how he can one shot orisa.

None of these people ever seem interested in why orisa wasn't using her shield or her shift.
01/28/2018 10:39 AMPosted by CoGLucifer
Every time scatter comes up, people wax dramatic about how he can one shot orisa.

None of these people ever seem interested in why orisa wasn't using her shield or her shift.
And as some1 who played Orisa for more than 2 full matches I can tell you that is rather easy to have 1 out of Barrier and Fortify always ready, not to mention that even jumping makes it fairly hard for Hanzo to get a full Scatter even on Orisa.
01/28/2018 10:39 AMPosted by CoGLucifer

I can confirm as an Orisa main that most Hanzo players will flank to do this or spawn camp you. Scatter arrow has a cooldown of 10 seconds while fortify has an effective cooldown of 14 seconds since it last for four seconds and then goes on a cooldown of 10 seconds. You also can't really use your barrier to block just scatter arrow because that would mean leaving you team and yourself unprotected from the rest of the enemy team. However, it doesn't seem like a good idea to nerf him without compensation.
I would suggest they look at D2's Amazon for inspiration. Ice arrow to briefly freeze the target? Fire arrow to cause damage over time? Guided arrow that acts like a heat seeking missile? There are so many cool things they could do other than "aim at the floor".

https://diablo2.diablowiki.net/Amazon_Skills