"doomfist dosent need buffs" chipsa

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 6 Next
01/28/2018 03:45 AMPosted by Fladkat
To have a super highly difficult hero.

Not every hero has to be Soldier 76. It's good to have some variety.
Yes i agree, because i didnt ask him to become another S76 hehe

But right now he's difficult+unreliable, the bugs really destroy him for me. Few weeks ago before the movement patch he feels fine for me, but after that he feels inconsistent again. Now learning from the history of OW team in term of fixing bugs (mei and mccree, cough cough) this gonna be a long bad journey :(
01/28/2018 04:00 AMPosted by SUPERIORDoom
01/28/2018 03:57 AMPosted by Fladkat
You seem very proud of your former Master friends.

I also have a nagging feeling, that the "trolls and toxic idiots", are mainly you given your attitude.

Dude the only idiot here is you with your biased .At the end of the day you can be a coward sitting behind your computer abusing people in the forums all you want i dont really care anyway i got a life to get back to have fun abusing people in the forums whatever makes you feel better about yourself .Cya :).
im acctually posting this on rag taggs vid cuz u funny as hell XD
01/28/2018 04:00 AMPosted by SUPERIORDoom
<span class="truncated">...</span>
You seem very proud of your former Master friends.

I also have a nagging feeling, that the "trolls and toxic idiots", are mainly you given your attitude.

Dude the only idiot here is you with your biased .At the end of the day you can be a coward sitting behind your computer abusing people in the forums all you want i dont really care anyway i got a life to get back to have fun abusing people in the forums whatever makes you feel better about yourself .Cya :).

A coward? What for? For not uploading my mug to a site with potentially millions of people?
If you call this abuse, I doubt you have ever had a job, or even been outside your room.

Plus, I'm at work, so I actually get paid while poking holes in your stupid arguments.

01/28/2018 04:00 AMPosted by HelleN

Yes i agree, because i didnt ask him to become another S76 hehe

But right now he's difficult+unreliable, the bugs really destroy him for me. Few weeks ago before the movement patch he feels fine for me, but after that he feels inconsistent again. Now learning from the history of OW team in term of fixing bugs (mei and mccree, cough cough) this gonna be a long bad journey :(

I agree with the bug fixes. The only issue is, a lot of viablity that Doomfist has, comes from some of his bugs. Benevolent bugs if you will. So they might end up patching the wrong things, making him even worse.

As a Hero though, he can be amazing. He just needs some QoL adjustments in form of people not bloody sliding off the walls anymore -- and maybe, just maybe, a slightly increased verticle hitbox on RP so you don't fly over people if you're standing an inch off the ground.
01/28/2018 03:44 AMPosted by HelleN
I disagree with op. Not everyone has the skills and equipment like pro players (or streamers). So why not buffing Doomfist a little bit to make him more approachable and enjoyable to play for most of the playerbase. Whats the point of making a 'super highly difficult hero' if only a few people will use him.

Also, i always said that he need to get all his bugs fixed first before getting any buff/qol changes. But the way Blizzard balance and fixing team works really upset me.

I agree. if doomfist gets buffed to the point that everyone can play him, it severely diminishes the value of doomfist as a character. I'm not even bragging, I'm a bronze bot.
besides the obvious bug fixes he Just needs a buff to his shield passive and to get full shields from his ult regardless if he hits someone or not and then he will be golden
01/28/2018 04:14 AMPosted by Halpachino
besides the obvious bug fixes he Just needs a buff to his shield passive and to get full shields from his ult regardless if he hits someone or not and then he will be golden

how about any teammates near him get some shield too? that would be nice.
01/28/2018 02:58 AMPosted by SUPERIORDoom
It would be so easy for me to get gm as soldier i could do it blind folded it just isnt a challenge for a 10yr fps players like me

This is perhaps the worst case of rank denial these forums have yet seen.
i agree with them. The day you'll face a very good doomfist, you will wish he never become meta because he can be even more infuriating to play against than Tracer and Genji...
So here's the deal: He does need buffs. Not major ones but he does need buffs in addition to bug fixing. Why, you may ask? Because certain parts of his kit refuse to function well and most of them have a good enough suggestion for changes to make them better overall.

I'll list a few:

• Rocket Punch

• You can indeed Rocket Punch people but right now it's way harder than it should be but just as punishing as it was when we had the oversized hitbox. (So basically, now when you Punch, you'll often not hit anything but still die. It's WAY too strict considering how people move in this game. Just someone moving slightly over to the right is enough to completely make you miss. It's been PROVEN that it's even smaller than Mercy's Pistol hitbox. That's not even getting to how you have COUNTERPLAY to the damn thing. Zarya bubbles, Stuns, you name it.) It's so bad that most of us just use RP as an escape ability/mobility tool.

• The Best Defense...

• It simply doesn't exist most of the time. I'm surprised people even think Doomfist has a passive... Until you use your ultimate, you'll barely see your passive do any work for you (Unless you have armor. If you get armor, that passive actually does quite a bit because of how it goes over the armor and reduces the chance of the armor being completely depleted and you being bursted down.) I'd even be fine with 40-45 shield gain for regular ability hits at this point! (I think the ideal is 50. Most characters can do continuous damage to you relatively easily and this passive is effectively on a cooldown. It also allows you to actually reach the maximum amount of shields without having to use your ultimate.) I've underlined some things because they're exceptions. They make his passive actually block for you but they only work because the total you can get has been increased somehow! A shield generator can apply as well.

• Meteor Strike
  • The falloff is too severe. It doesn't need a damage buff as it has potential to do a lot. (This is actually a change I can live without but I just wanted to point it out.) Once you leave the middle, the odds of you living are increased by a ton and the middle isn't even that large to begin with! Yes, I'm aware it's a great escape tool...but they didn't give it damage and make it an Ultimate ability just to use it for an escape. (Sound familiar...? Any high damage option Doomfist has apparently can only function as a run-away tool if he plans on living and actually doing damage.)

• Hand Cannon

• (This is another of those ones that is debatable. I find it fine most of the time except for this first suggestion I have for it...) Simply put, we need 1 extra bullet. Many opponents get away with just 1 health but we got nothing to hit em from a range so they literally walk away...

There's another option for this though. I've seen a recommendation for using 10 bullets for 7 damage instead of 6. Allowing for him to hit people at a distance easier.

That's about everything honestly. As much as people may bellyache about Seismic Slam and Rising Uppercut, they're honestly the most consistent abilities he has.
    You'll have to link a clip. Find that very hard to believe that they believe a character that can only reasonably engage in a fight every 5-6 seconds doesn't need additions to his kit. When I see a bug free doomfist picked even as much as mcree in pro games, then I'll believe he's "balanced".

Also I gotta say this people need to learn the difference between a hero being hard to master versus a hero being hard to do well with because they're being held back by their design. How hard do you think it would be to pull off widow if she had three blinks?. Honestly...
    01/28/2018 06:25 AMPosted by Dogsdontlie
    When I see a bug free doomfist picked even as much as mcree in pro games, then I'll believe he's "balanced".

A tad bit unreasonable. Doomfist is still a rather niche pick. I would like to see him picked more but as much as McCree? Doubt it.

I just want him to be strong at what he does...Right now he sucks at that, making him an overall worse character.

You'll have to link a clip.

Yeah...I gotta agree on this one at least. I don't remember ChipSa saying he doesn't need buffs.
    01/28/2018 06:31 AMPosted by Honchkrow
    When I see a bug free doomfist picked even as much as mcree in pro games, then I'll believe he's "balanced".

A tad bit unreasonable. Doomfist is still a rather niche pick. I would like to see him picked more but as much as McCree? Doubt it.

I just want him to be strong at what he does...Right now he sucks at that, making him an overall worse character.

You'll have to link a clip.

Yeah...I gotta agree on this one at least. I don't remember ChipSa saying he doesn't need buffs.

That's what I mean I'm just doing a poor job of explaining myself. I mean he needs to get buffed in the way junkrat was, he went from being "niche"(hate that word now cos it's really just a way to say crap hero) to highly picked in all ranks and picked just as often as mcree/soldier or just under their pickrate.

He got the right buffs, you respect junkrat in tight spaces now. Doomfist should be similar in this regard, he should be a priority target. I live you shield idea cos I'd like to see him be able to snowball if the enemy team doesn't shut him down fast enough.
    01/28/2018 02:48 AMPosted by SUPERIORDoom
    01/28/2018 02:44 AMPosted by Fladkat
    So what you're saying is, because you're too "busy" and "important" to get good at the game, the hero you play should be buffed so you'll have an easier time?

We have about the same amount of hours on our account, yet I'm over twice your rating, what's that about?

No im saying the hero should get buffed because he needs it anyone with a brain can see this .He has 45% winrate in top 500 at the highest levels .Even Orisa has a higher winrate .

Yeh and look at the units you play LOL all dps soldier,widowmaker and hanzo if i played them i would be GM with that amount of time .Your not playing a hero with the worst winrate in the game are you lol .Wake up .

Hahaha no you wouldnt

Youre silver SR, barely, which means you have silver gamesense, youre not silver because you play doomfist, certainly

Doomfist is actually a hidden gem that people forget, he doesnt need buffs, just fixes
    01/28/2018 06:44 AMPosted by Dogsdontlie
    he went from being "niche"(hate that word now cos it's really just a way to say crap hero) to highly picked in all ranks and picked just as often as mcree/soldier or just under their pickrate.

Don't hate the word "Niche". That word is the same reason why we like characters in Overwatch to begin with. They're unique. Although they only function at their jobs. Junkrat happens to work on very tight spaces and a lot of maps happen to agree with that...so now he's used more because he can actually run away from people.

You know the guys who want Overwatch to be COD? They essentially hate that word too. For the same reasons...

01/28/2018 06:44 AMPosted by Dogsdontlie
    you respect junkrat in tight spaces now. Doomfist should be similar in this regard, he should be a priority target

This is what we all want. I only recommended the shield buff because it's just SO EASY to kill Doomfist when he's doing his job: Brawling.

01/28/2018 06:53 AMPosted by Pulse
    Hahaha no you wouldnt

Youre silver SR, barely, which means you have silver gamesense, youre not silver because you play doomfist, certainly

Doomfist is actually a hidden gem that people forget, he doesnt need buffs, just fixes

Do...you even play him? Your opinions are typically false as you don't provide any proof of the sort. If only the highest level of people can use him...there's an ISSUE! They don't even THRIVE when using him...they only barely succeed.

I can agree that he isn't Silver because he plays Doomfist. I was exclusively Gold because I only used Doomfist >.> I'm only Silver now cause I one tricked Ana XD.
    Ok ill be honest about the current state of Doomfist gameplay (leaving bugs aside)

He is dependable of exploits to be viable, just look at Chipsa and how he abuse a lot of weird mechanics to do all those tricks like the boosted RP that sends him flying in the air or landing on really high places with his ult.

Image if Doomfist couldnt do any of those tricks, he becomes trash easily, thats why i think the hero needs buff plus fixing all that stuff.

Is just like the old Genji that could triple jump or dash to the skybox, but in the case of Doomfist he actually depends on the exploits to be viable.
    People like the OP are the reason we can't have nice things. Doomfist definitely needs buffs.

One more Hand Cannon shot with faster or manual reload is absolutely needed. Without question this would shore up so much that is lacking in Doomfist's ability to finish off targets. The number of foes I've engaged with ol' Fisty that wind up walking away one shot from death while everything I have is depleted or on cooldown is innumerable.

Faster Meteor Strike execution with higher damage and possibly a larger radius is needed. 300 damage in the center circle is pathetic, every tank and some armored/shielded DPS laugh in the face of a telegraphed, slow-moving 300 damage ultimate. To put 300 damage from Meteor Strike into perspective: Pulse Bomb, an ult many consider the poster child of weak ults, does 400 damage... and does it quickly.

Stun added to Seismic Slam or Rising Uppercut, even for just 0.5-to-1 second is needed as well. The biggest reason Doomfist is hard countered by the majority of the roster is that as soon as you engage (which WILL be with SS and/or RU) you do more to help the enemy than you do to help yourself. You will get flashbanged, slept, hooked, shotgunned, booped, halted, mined, headshot or blinked, dashed, translocated, ice-blocked, faded away from, or simply dodged and shot down in that opportunity window you just gave your opponent while you're sat there like an idiot trying to hand-cannon them or, worse, charging Rocket Punch. Aside from his cooldowns not facilitating the combo play style he's supposed to have, the lack of a stun on one of these moves is the biggest flaw in Doomfist's kit.

Fixing his bugs only removes him from being a liability in all but the most seasoned players hands. Doomfist needs buffs (outside the RP hitbox adjustment that needs to happen) in order to ever be viable for consistent use in ranked and pro play. What OP is doing is just stoking the fires for the people who are afraid of having to adapt to a meta with a viable Doomfist in it. In essence he's jumping on the nerf train before any buffs have even been announced.
    I have a little bit of time played on df (was #7 in quick rank), and my wishlist is:

1. Rocket punch - full immunity to pushbacks during punch, and immunity or at least weight increase when charging (like d.va and orisa when firing).

This would be a slight buff, but mostly it would prevent two bugs/unwanted interactions:
    - rocket punching in place due to being hit with pushback during release frame
    - missing punch mid flight or ground punch turning into aerial out of your control due to being hit with random bomb/phara/soldier rocket

2. Seismic slam - remove ripple and deal entire area instantly

It's just plain annoying and surely causes a lot "no reg" slams. Would also let your passive kick in faster, sometimes you die to that single bullet because wave hits enemy too late.

A bit out of place but
    Disable standing on enemy players (or at least a toggle in control options)

I don't know why this is even in game, aside from Sentry Bastion you should slide off the heads and land on the ground. Maybe it's beneficial for Genji since he can double jump off of your head (personally would remove that) but it's also a source of problems for Doomfist - when you try to engage with RP-bunny hop, and end up landing on someone head, it either causes your entire uppercut to go nowhere or causes slam to be a ground version.
    well gm who master doomfist usually dont miss with him.. i watched rascal on doomfist and he carried his team with doomfist against dive in ladder.
    01/28/2018 02:23 AMPosted by Noiiak
    I know he doesn't, he needs bug fixes!

Doomfist is borderline OP if you know what you're doing. I love to use him and fly across the map for an EZ zen kill :PPP

No Doomfist isnt OP. A Tracer and Genji that focus fire him will make him impotent. Junkrat more OP then him -- Doomfist though is a burst damage machine and if the fist gets you it can kill you-- it essentially a Hanzo Arrow. I still though can easily take him on my own
    <span class="truncated">...</span>

A coward? What for? For not uploading my mug to a site with potentially millions of people?
    If you call this abuse, I doubt you have ever had a job, or even been outside your room.

Plus, I'm at work, so I actually get paid while poking holes in your stupid arguments.

<span class="truncated">...</span>Yes i agree, because i didnt ask him to become another S76 hehe

I agree with the bug fixes. The only issue is, a lot of viablity that Doomfist has, comes from some of his bugs. Benevolent bugs if you will. So they might end up patching the wrong things, making him even worse.

As a Hero though, he can be amazing. He just needs some QoL adjustments in form of people not bloody sliding off the walls anymore -- and maybe, just maybe, a slightly increased verticle hitbox on RP so you don't fly over people if you're standing an inch off the ground.

You havent poked holes in any of my arguments though if you were to show the whole community our argument 99% of them would side with me cause they all know that overwatch is a game of how many hrs you spend playing and the team you have in order to rank up you act like diamond is some god like achievement you need a major wake up call mate .

And when i tell you 3 times season 4-5 i had the time to play and now i dont and i have to repeat this 3 times just shows your not the sharpest tool in the shed .