"doomfist dosent need buffs" chipsa

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 Next
01/28/2018 07:29 AMPosted by Sikozu
People like the OP are the reason we can't have nice things. Doomfist definitely needs buffs.

One more Hand Cannon shot with faster or manual reload is absolutely needed. Without question this would shore up so much that is lacking is Doomfist's ability to finish off targets. The number of foes I've engaged with ol' Fisty that wind up walking away one shot from death while everything I have is depleted or on cooldown is innumerable.

Faster Meteor Strike execution with higher damage and possibly a larger radius is needed. 300 damage in the center circle is pathetic, every tank and some armored/shielded DPS laugh in the face of a telegraphed, slow-moving 300 damage ultimate. To put 300 damage from Meteor Strike into perspective: Pulse Bomb, an ult many consider the poster child of weak ults, does 400 damage... and does it quickly.

Stun added to Seismic Slam or Rising Uppercut, even for just 0.5-to-1 second is needed as well. The biggest reason Doomfist is hard countered by the majority of the roster is that as soon as you engage (which WILL be with SS and/or RU) you do more to help the enemy than you do to help yourself. You will get flashbanged, slept, hooked, shotgunned, booped, halted, mined, headshot or blinked, dashed, translocated, ice-blocked, faded away from, or simply dodged and shot down in that opportunity window you just gave your opponent while you're sat there like an idiot trying to hand-cannon them or, worse, charging Rocket Punch. Aside from his cooldowns not facilitating the combo play style he's supposed to have, the lack of a stun on one of these moves is the biggest flaw in Doomfist's kit.

Fixing his bugs only removes him from being a liability in all but the most seasoned players hands. Doomfist needs buffs (outside the RP hitbox adjustment that needs to happen) in order to ever be viable for consistent use in ranked and pro play. What OP is doing is just stoking the fires for the people who are afraid of having to adapt to a meta with a viable Doomfist in it. In essence he's jumping on the nerf train before any buffs have even been announced.

100% agree the OP is a idiot and most likely isnt even a doomfist main .
He needs minor buffs imo:

- original reload speed on his hand cannon. Now that RP is not a reliable source of damage, he needs the hand cannon back.

- The ult. With tracer pulse bombs and genji blades, theres no reason to have such a bad one on him.

- MAYBE shave a second off uppercut and slam.
01/28/2018 06:53 AMPosted by Pulse
01/28/2018 02:48 AMPosted by SUPERIORDoom

No im saying the hero should get buffed because he needs it anyone with a brain can see this .He has 45% winrate in top 500 at the highest levels .Even Orisa has a higher winrate .

Yeh and look at the units you play LOL all dps soldier,widowmaker and hanzo if i played them i would be GM with that amount of time .Your not playing a hero with the worst winrate in the game are you lol .Wake up .

Hahaha no you wouldnt

Youre silver SR, barely, which means you have silver gamesense, youre not silver because you play doomfist, certainly

Doomfist is actually a hidden gem that people forget, he doesnt need buffs, just fixes

You sir are a dumb idiot and should have no place even commenting saying i am a silver player when i went from bronze to play in less than 48hrs shows how dumb you are pls dont comment ever again .
Chipsa has been saying for a long time that Doomfist needs many changes to become a fully reasonable pick. I don't think he even plays Doomfist any more since it just frustrated him so much.
I just think there are better dps options now. With no lucio getting headshots on widow is easier. Tracer is simply op no matter what anyone says. Junkrat does so much dmg it hard to ignore him to. With dive being strong so is genji. And mcree is a good counter to dive and pharah who is really good on certian maps. All these heroes except genji are pretty good against df so picking him is a big risk.
I want to see op df agian cos he is soo fun to watch and then maybe the Gladitors could win a game.
To be fair, they did also say that Doomfist becoming mainstream would not be good for them (as they have popular streams do to lack of other high level people playing the hero).
He doesn't just need bug fixes he needs small buffs aswell, just because they can perform well because the team has to go after them it doesn't mean that doomfist is automatically balanced
01/28/2018 02:38 AMPosted by Zer0
01/28/2018 02:34 AMPosted by NotASmurf
What? Was literally watching chipsa yesterday and he said that doomfist should be buffed and tracer should be nerfed
Thats what he says when he is tilted

He's literally tilted every time he dies to Widow, Dva or Tracer lol
01/28/2018 02:42 AMPosted by SUPERIORDoom
01/28/2018 02:30 AMPosted by Fladkat
There's is an old Asian saying. I believe it goes something along the lines of "git gud".

Doomfist is fine. His skill floor is exceptionally high, and his skill ceiling is even higher. Some of the best Doomfists have a stupidly high win rate.

Getting good in overwatch is called having no life .just because im in silver dosnt mean i belong there .I dont have the time to sit on my computer all day and play videos games otherwise i wouldnt make any money .The reason why alot of people are in diamond and higher leagues is because they either have no lifes and sit on thier computer all day or dont work a 9-5 job .rank in overwatch is determined by how much you play and i havent been playing alot on season 8 because of the toxic community and the amount of throwers in the game now .
or they are good at the game. lulwtf
01/28/2018 02:42 AMPosted by SUPERIORDoom
There's is an old Asian saying. I believe it goes something along the lines of "git gud".

Doomfist is fine. His skill floor is exceptionally high, and his skill ceiling is even higher. Some of the best Doomfists have a stupidly high win rate.

Getting good in overwatch is called having no life .just because im in silver dosnt mean i belong there .I dont have the time to sit on my computer all day and play videos games otherwise i wouldnt make any money .The reason why alot of people are in diamond and higher leagues is because they either have no lifes and sit on thier computer all day or dont work a 9-5 job .rank in overwatch is determined by how much you play and i havent been playing alot on season 8 because of the toxic community and the amount of throwers in the game now .

You're retarded lmao. I make 60k a year and I'm an 18 year old 4.1k player
Its just spelt CHIPS why you added the A confuses me
01/28/2018 08:29 AMPosted by SUPERIORDoom
01/28/2018 06:53 AMPosted by Pulse

Hahaha no you wouldnt

Youre silver SR, barely, which means you have silver gamesense, youre not silver because you play doomfist, certainly

Doomfist is actually a hidden gem that people forget, he doesnt need buffs, just fixes

You sir are a dumb idiot and should have no place even commenting saying i am a silver player when i went from bronze to play in less than 48hrs shows how dumb you are pls dont comment ever again .

btw he is silver
he has a 46% winrate on this account and his alt
01/28/2018 05:16 PMPosted by SteveyHooves
Its just spelt CHIPS why you added the A confuses me

You clearly aren't smart
01/28/2018 08:34 AMPosted by RustyRhames
Chipsa has been saying for a long time that Doomfist needs many changes to become a fully reasonable pick. I don't think he even plays Doomfist any more since it just frustrated him so much.
he still does
To all the doomfist mains who say the op doesn't play doomfist so he can't talk

Chipsa hydration and Brandi to do and they do so way better then anyone here

And they say he is fine ( unless I'm mistaken)

So if this is true

Case closed
01/28/2018 02:28 AMPosted by SUPERIORDoom

I totally disagree i have over 40hrs on doomfist and sure im not in diamond but i dont also play genji and other heroes i just play doomfist and maybe a bit of orisa .Try ranking to diamond as only doomfist and you will have a very hard time .In alot of circumstances doomfist just gets shut down and dosnt have enough in his kit to counter most heroes .

Also junkrat and roadhog basically makes doomfist unplayable right now .Just because chipsa does well does not mean doomfist dosnt need buffs as it stands doomfist has a 45% winrate at the highest levels thats not even 50% .If thats not proof that he needs a buff then i dont know what is .

You have 2 hrs on doomfist on this account prove your other accounts or i will just believe you are not a real doomfist main and just want to be biased to him not getting buffed .

You see the problem, though, right? Other heroes with a much lower skill ceiling are often much more impactful. And that isn't necessarily 'fair'.

For example, any idiot could pick up Junkrat right now and spam at chokes. They'll perform just fine because he has an exceptionally low skill ceiling for how much of an effect he can have on the game. Compare this to Chipsa, one of the only top 500 doomfist players. He has to work INSANELY hard and be incredibly skilled to have the same impact on a game that an average joe junkrat player would have.
I read this thread last night, and oh boy was it a laugh. :]
01/28/2018 05:59 PMPosted by idSurge
I read this thread last night, and oh boy was it a laugh. :]

Lul I love this community XD
01/28/2018 05:45 PMPosted by DrFate
To all the doomfist mains who say the op doesn't play doomfist so he can't talk

Chipsa hydration and Brandi to do and they do so way better then anyone here

And they say he is fine ( unless I'm mistaken)

So if this is true

Case closed

The only person that says I dont play him is this superiordoom guy.
Idk why because it says I have atleast 10h total play time on the hero
01/28/2018 03:29 AMPosted by Brandito
doom is fine just fix his bugs and we good ;) (plsjeffdontnerfhimheistotallynotop)
HOLY !@#$ IS THAT THE REAL BRANDITO!?