mercy will still be mandatory after her nerf

General Discussion
01/15/2018 07:59 AMPosted by SireSombre
I call it here

if so, then, be ready for another nerfs to mercy :(
All I know, is I wan to play Moira and Ana and not be yelled at. I’m so sick of Mercy at the moment.
01/15/2018 08:00 AMPosted by TwixSnickers
Yep. You'll see a ton of Orisa to give her a safe resurrection environment.

Already moaning because you don't know how to counter orisa ?
01/15/2018 09:07 AMPosted by Sum1
Dude, we all know that she'll still be mandatory. She's still the best, most consistent healer.

Why do people keep saying that? She was the best and most consistent healer before her rework yet she wasn't mandatory at all.
I think moira could replace mercy, i mean she chan outheal her most of the time. But Mercy can still rez every 30s soooo... we'll see.
01/15/2018 09:33 AMPosted by Rondoudou
I think moira could replace mercy, i mean she chan outheal her most of the time. But Mercy can still rez every 30s soooo... we'll see.

Moira can run out of healing and also has to stop healing which will be the factor why she won't become meta. You will still see her sure, but not as a Meta Character like Tracer/Zen and Mercy used to be.
I agree.... rez is still too strong and 15 seconds of valk is also too long.
01/15/2018 07:59 AMPosted by SireSombre
I call it here

Here's the question:

Will she be fun to play?
As long as res is around, she will be in most games. The ability to bring someone back into action almost instantly is very powerful.
01/15/2018 09:36 AMPosted by Dastil
01/15/2018 09:33 AMPosted by Rondoudou

Moira can run out of healing and also has to stop healing which will be the factor why she won't become meta. You will still see her sure, but not as a Meta Character like Tracer/Zen and Mercy used to be.

I think it really depends on the popularity of Mercy, and how well dive is able to shut her down while she tries to resurrect people.

If the enemy team can't get value out of rez, Moira's burst healing is superior to everyone else's in a team fight provided they end quickly. In fade, she also has the best tool to avoid getting pounced on, which could be valuable in dive comps themselves.
As long Rez is a cooldown ability, Mercy will be a must-pick. Before the rework, if Mercy wanted to Rez her teammates, she had to debate if losing her ult was worth it, or if she'll need it later. But now, it's just a brainless decision. "Get up, pitch, I can revive someone else in 30 seconds."

It's made Mercy completely boring, low-skill, and lifeless to play. NOBODY wanted this for Mercy. Blizzard, Jeff, you said you'd go back if things don't work out. Guess what, they haven't worked out for MONTHS. It's time to revert Mercy to pre-Valkyrie.
Yep, single target rez is fine and isn't what is causing the must pick in Mercy.

Sincerely
OW balance team.
As long as Rez is an ability, Mercy will be a must pick.
Unless they revert her or completely remove rez she will always be a must pick
well as long as that stupid rez ability is on E I’m sure she’ll still be picked a lot. it’s very useful. I hate it, and want it replaced with something else (and her old ult back), but i have good friends who always protect me when i go for a rez. Also it’s like people forget she has the ability so they just leave the dead body and move on.. not smart
01/15/2018 09:49 AMPosted by JellyandJam
As long as res is around, she will be in most games. The ability to bring someone back into action almost instantly is very powerful.

Lul noo she is trash now in high and middle tiers even. Sure sometimes you can get that sneeky res in the middle of the fight out, but thats not consistent and luck even. What made her meta were the two insta res during valk. That is what made her op not res itself. Right now the only reliable res you can get out is after/before a battle which isn't really usefull.

Sure people will play her, but only because the choices of a viable main healer isn't that big or great. Moira is fun though
Rez in CD too strong
I really hope not, as a Support player, its utterly garbage that I have to hope someone on my team will Mercy (I wont) or just accept our disadvantage.
As long as Resurrection exists in the game, Mercy will always be a must pick.

They should just remove the ability all together, and revamp her at this point.

Edit: I should have read the thread. It's 90% people saying the exact same stuff lol
As long as people stop asking me to switch to Mercy when I’m playing Ana or Moira I’ll be happy.