Welp RIP console

General Discussion
1 2 3 13 Next
Highly Rated
considering that the number of Mouse and keyboard users is increasing, this game will just become the equivalent to moded lobbies in the old cod games. Seriously 1-2 in every match and you can report them but since the system is automated nothing will happen unless 99% of the earth's population reports them
That's not a reportable offense.
Highly Rated
01/18/2018 05:25 PMPosted by BAD

It is considered cheating and jeff has already openly said it
I dont use mouse and keyboard, I wont spend $100 more to have a decent competitive experience. Ill stick to playing with my controller, I make masters every season anyways and usually decay afterwards because mercy ruins the game for me.
Whether it's morally wrong or not, blizzard can't do anything about it.
Deal with it.
Highly Rated
01/18/2018 05:34 PMPosted by Wobblins
Whether it's morally wrong or not, blizzard can't do anything about it.
Deal with it.

They can by fixing their report system
Hey I don't really mind the increase in M+KB users on console. I mean sure they are being unfair but personally I don't mind it. It offers me more of a challenge to improve myself.
How can you tell?

Honestly on my good days I surprise myself. And from mostly watching how pc players play Idk how u can tell a kb+m vs console besides sensitivity and camera shots.
Microsoft is about to announce mkb support on fortnite, ow and pubg. controllers will soon be a thing of the past for esports oriented games. its been a long time coming, and it will be for the best, despite crummy old men who will claim its "unfair" (obvi they will separate matchmaking by mkb and controllers)
01/18/2018 05:38 PMPosted by InJecht
How can you tell?

Honestly on my good days I surprise myself. And from mostly watching how pc players play Idk how u can tell a kb+m vs console besides sensitivity and camera shots.

When a widow can lock dead on to your head from 50m away instantly, you know its a mouse and key board on console, espcially when they turn and pop some one else in the head less than a second later. And before you ay.. well there are top 500 players.. Every top 500 player and grandmaster on console uses mouse and keyboard. My roomate who plays on console used mouse and keyboard and guess what.. he is a gm
I haven't really noticed.
And If that makes it easier for THEM to play,
who are you to say no they can't.
I am on ps4 (masters) and I still haven't met a single mkb user. Fankda (number 1 console player) said that mkb users only start to appear in mid top 500.
01/18/2018 05:39 PMPosted by alexfly
Microsoft is about to announce mkb support on fortnite, ow and pubg. controllers will soon be a thing of the past for esports oriented games. its been a long time coming, and it will be for the best, despite crummy old men who will claim its "unfair" (obvi they will separate matchmaking by mkb and controllers)

Microsoft doesnt offer support. Its already supported. And Epic games already commented on the use of Mnkb and already said they have already banned countless players for cheating. nice bait though
01/18/2018 05:21 PMPosted by TinyTauren
considering that the number of Mouse and keyboard users is increasing, this game will just become the equivalent to moded lobbies in the old cod games. Seriously 1-2 in every match and you can report them but since the system is automated nothing will happen unless 99% of the earth's population reports them

01/18/2018 05:30 PMPosted by TinyTauren
01/18/2018 05:25 PMPosted by BAD

It's not reportable. The only mention of the issue is that they discourage people from doing it. Absolutely nothing was said about it being "cheating". So sick lying to try and prove your point.

That aside, how about instead of acting as if K&M makes people god, just accept that you're not that great at the game, or get better with the tools you have. An idiot with a controller will still be an idiot if he has a K&M. Nothing changes about their skill level. The ONLY thing that makes K&M better is if you already have the reaction time to utilize it, otherwise, it's honestly more of a hinderance due to the fact that you lose the ability to move your aim infinitely without frequent pauses to recenter your mouse, and also the fact that any little jitter anywhere from your arm down to your fingers can affect your aim, where with a controller the only thing that matters is if the stick is in the right direction.
I am on ps4 (masters) and I still haven't met a single mkb user. Fankda (number 1 console player) said that mkb users only start to appear in mid top 500.

01/18/2018 05:40 PMPosted by TinyTauren
01/18/2018 05:38 PMPosted by InJecht
How can you tell?

When a widow can lock dead on to your head from 50m away instantly, you know its a mouse and key board on console, espcially when they turn and pop some one else in the head less than a second later. And before you ay.. well there are top 500 players.. Every top 500 player and grandmaster on console uses mouse and keyboard. My roomate who plays on console used mouse and keyboard and guess what.. he is a gm

Absolutely false. I played with a lot of top 500s before and rarely any of them used mkb. Fankda and Jled (top 500 players and Fankda is no.1) said themselves that they don't use mkb. Fankda also does livestreams iirc.

Microsoft doesnt offer support. Its already supported. And Epic games already commented on the use of Mnkb and already said they have already banned countless players for cheating. nice bait though

01/18/2018 05:21 PMPosted by TinyTauren

01/18/2018 05:30 PMPosted by TinyTauren

It's not reportable. The only mention of the issue is that they discourage people from doing it. Absolutely nothing was said about it being "cheating".

That aside, how about instead of acting as if K&M makes people god, just accept that you're not that great at the game, or get better with the tools you have. An idiot with a controller will still be an idiot if he has a K&M. Nothing changes about their skill level. The ONLY thing that makes K&M better is if you already have the reaction time to utilize it, otherwise, it's honestly more of a hinderance due to the fact that you lose the ability to move your aim infinitely without frequent pauses to recenter your mouse, and also the fact that any little jitter anywhere from your arm down to your fingers can affect your aim, where with a controller the only thing that matters is if the stick is in the right direction.

Yes because as pharah i can dive instantly and read a widow show right? get real kid
I play with a controller on PC and I don't see the problem (other than reworked Mercy's control scheme)
And PC version doesn't even let controller players use aim assist like console does.
01/18/2018 05:43 PMPosted by TinyTauren

Not only taking a queue on a game mode from Bluehole, but also their banning methods too I see.

You can't physically prove, without a doubt, that someone is using MnKb, bet a number of those "countless players" were innocents caught up in the banwaves.
01/18/2018 05:41 PMPosted by Chibisaurus
I haven't really noticed.
And If that makes it easier for THEM to play,
who are you to say no they can't.

I am participating in sports and I feel in fact entitled to say that diferent input devices threaten the very meaning and intention of sports competition.