Welp RIP console

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 13 Next
Yes because as pharah i can dive instantly and read a widow show right? get real kid

I don't even know what that sentence is supposed to mean... Are you just complaining because you got flicked by a Widow? Like that happens. I can do it too. (Not reliably, but I have moments)
If you can't beat them, join them

No one is getting banned for it because it's undetectable

Blizzard can't do anything about it because it's up to Microsoft and Sony to do something about it
01/18/2018 05:50 PMPosted by Buzzintate
If you can't beat them, join them

No one is getting banned for it because it's undetectable

Blizzard can't do anything about it because it's up to Microsoft and Sony to do something about it

Actually, you can probably notice it by watching killcam.
I have spasticity in my hand and cannot use a keyboard competitively.

If gamepads get sidelined, in whatever way, I cannot take part anymore.
01/18/2018 05:21 PMPosted by TinyTauren
considering that the number of Mouse and keyboard users is increasing, this game will just become the equivalent to moded lobbies in the old cod games. Seriously 1-2 in every match and you can report them but since the system is automated nothing will happen unless 99% of the earth's population reports them

Currently, we cannot do anything about players using input conversion devices to use Mouse and Keyboard on console.

However, we have put serious research and development against this problem and we're hoping to have a solution to what we consider to be unfair circumstances. This is a priority for us and we're trying to combat this through technology and policy.

We'll keep you informed on our progress and any policy changes as soon as they develop.

For now, please avoid reporting this behavior.
01/18/2018 06:01 PMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
considering that the number of Mouse and keyboard users is increasing, this game will just become the equivalent to moded lobbies in the old cod games. Seriously 1-2 in every match and you can report them but since the system is automated nothing will happen unless 99% of the earth's population reports them

Currently, we cannot do anything about players using input conversion devices to use Mouse and Keyboard on console.

However, we have put serious research and development against this problem and we're hoping to have a solution to what we consider to be unfair circumstances. This is a priority for us and we're trying to combat this through technology and policy.

We'll keep you informed on our progress and any policy changes as soon as they develop.

Hi jeff
Mad cuz I’m first reply to jeff

oooh
Highly Rated

This is good to hear. M&K players are literally plaguing the game for us on console and make it an extremely unfun experience. Nothing is worse than going against a M&K widow that your team can’t do anything against.
I really don't understand console users.

You shouldn't be fighting against more options to control your game. It's like all of you are collectively anti-consumer! You should be pushing for more and better ways to control your game; i.e. Native, accepted, and standard KB+M peripherals designed for typical console "couch" play. "Fight Sticks" are widely accepted (and widely accepted as a superior and competitive way to play fighting games)... why would you fight against KB+M?

Your consoles should come with one couch KB+M controller and one regular controller standard by now. It should already be in the box! This shouldn't even be a problem in 2018. Standard console KB+M is what you should be fighting for, not fighting for the continued stagnation and forced inferior control for FPS and RTS games.

Why is it not just possible to consider this cheating and ban the offenders if you do not approve of this behavior? Or alternatively, why not support it out right if that's the path you want to take? PS4 I believe can already support m+kb and it sounds like Xbox will be adding it soon.
Most of us prefer gamepads as input device. It is not about which device would yield better gaming results. You might misunderstand this.

It's good to actually hear something about it.

01/18/2018 06:04 PMPosted by WashableBomb
Standard console KB+M is what you should be fighting for, not fighting for the continued stagnation and forced inferior control for FPS and RTS games.
Or maybe people want to use controllers. Do you not realise that not everyone wants to try and learn a vastly different control scheme? Or has a console setup that allows them to use that scheme? Do you not realise that the platform is balanced and designed around the use of a controller?

Why is it only PC users who seem to care so much about this?
01/18/2018 05:34 PMPosted by Wobblins
Whether it's morally wrong or not, blizzard can't do anything about it.
Deal with it.

Well considering they own the game, i'm pretty sure they can do what ever they want to do. Also if they ban people for playing symmetra then i see no problem when it comes to actual cheating.

I'm only trying to go off by logic here, so please bear with me on this.

Wouldn't Mouse and Keyboard on specifically Console (not PC) be one of these unfair circumstances? I just want to combo this bit with the fact that aim assist along-side M&K allowed people to essentially 'soft-aimbot'. From what I've heard, this is the reason why no aim assist code is compiled on PC.

Am I wrong on this? If not, then wouldn't the same logic need to apply to the Console versions as well, considering of how much of an advantage M&K gives over Controller in most (maybe not all; there are people who are absolute monsters w/ a controller) circumstances? This is of course keeping in mind that consoles are designed to be played with a controller.

Again, I'm only trying to go by logic here.

+1

This is a poor way to deal with this. If you do this why not also disallow people who have better equipment on PC then the average player to play the game. I mean it's an unfair advantage right?

Or...

You could just program the game on console to allow players to use keyboard and mouse if they wish just like on PC. You allow people on PC to use controllers so what is the difference here?

Why not let players play with the hardware they want like on PC. If PS3 port of CS-GO could do it then so can you.

Please view this situation and handle it appropriately, by recognizing mouse/keyboard adapters as a symptom to an underlying problem, in that the controller input methods are not quite there yet.

There’s something really disturbing that Halo, Destiny, and Call of Duty can all run equally well with a controller (to the point where players would rather buy controller accessories like extended thumbstick grips and button arms, over a M/K device) , but getting Overwatch to a setting that you can stomach takes four hours to dial in just right (and a few “kicked from lobby” from the Training Range to boot).

When the above bolded happens, it's no wonder some people just opt to buy an $80 adapter.
01/18/2018 06:03 PMPosted by VMajoris

This is good to hear. M&K players are literally plaguing the game for us on console and make it an extremely unfun experience. Nothing is worse than going against a M&K widow that your team can’t do anything against.

if you ant beat 'em, join 'em ... nothing stopping you from buying your own k&m combo and destroying the opposing team ...
01/18/2018 05:48 PMPosted by Sengell
01/18/2018 05:41 PMPosted by Chibisaurus
I haven't really noticed.
And If that makes it easier for THEM to play,
who are you to say no they can't.

I am participating in sports and I feel in fact entitled to say that diferent input devices threaten the very meaning and intention of sports competition.

So then PC players (For games like rocket league) shouldnt be able to use a controller? No.

In actual sports (like football, soccer,basketball) they have RULES in place stating players can't do things like, deflate balls, take drugs (including roids) ect. ect.

Now, When blizzard decides (if they do, probably wont) to put a rule in place stating players on console will be banned/removed whatever from the game if they are playing with M&KB then, go for it be angry. Until then, its not your place to decide what people should or shouldnt be allowed to use while playing. Since you know, Sony and well as Microsoft have made it possible for you to game with a mouse and keyboard.
01/18/2018 05:38 PMPosted by InJecht
How can you tell?

Honestly on my good days I surprise myself. And from mostly watching how pc players play Idk how u can tell a kb+m vs console besides sensitivity and camera shots.

I can tell when a Widow flick shots me, then I get rezzed then I get flick shotted by the same Widow 5 seconds later