Rip-Tire should be destroyed if Junkrat is killed

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 6 Next
01/19/2018 08:47 AMPosted by Alterea
Who’s controlling his tire when he dies? No one.

Who's controlling his RIP-Tire when he's alive? No one.

I'm not kidding, either; he's canonically not "controlling" the tire (and Blizzard gave him a specific animation to illustrate that point), but it can't be AI-controlled in-game for obvious reasons.
01/19/2018 08:44 AMPosted by Makenai
01/19/2018 08:25 AMPosted by Driftwood
Title.

If Junk ults in the middle of a point and is killed, his tire should break.

You're a mercy main in competitive, that plays McCree on QP and has his player icons etc etc. Also You have 32 minutes on JR overall. Yet, you seem to believe that you, of all people, should give insight on how to balance said character.

I think it's sad. And funny.
yeah and your bias cause you main junk in comp so that's funnier and sadder
01/19/2018 08:40 AMPosted by Acanarina
Ah...... no since Junkrat is the only hero that can't defend themselves while ulting.

completely false.

did you forget about Mccree?
Pharah?
Reaper?
Dva?

None of them have decent control over their bodies besides dva but she can rarely do anything with her pellet gun.
01/19/2018 09:11 AMPosted by Feywood
01/19/2018 08:47 AMPosted by Alterea
Who’s controlling his tire when he dies? No one.

Who's controlling his RIP-Tire when he's alive? No one.

I'm not kidding, either; he's canonically not "controlling" the tire (and Blizzard gave him a specific animation to illustrate that point), but it can't be AI-controlled in-game for obvious reasons.

Was waiting for this. You are correct about this. Junkrat himself is NOT controlling the tire.

Ever found him while ulting? He's covering his ears and bending down. No remote control, nothing.

This change does nothing but make junkrat exactly what his name is. Junk.
01/19/2018 08:43 AMPosted by Novah
Lol wtf kind of analogy is this? There are dozens if not hundreds of things that make sense in OW that don’t in real life.

What part of the analogy do you not understand?
01/19/2018 09:13 AMPosted by Nebbyindabag
Pharah?
Reaper?
Dva?

Mmk...let's disect this.

Pharah and Reaper don't get to really move but instantly get out damage. Plus they have the ability to position themselves to get the best result for the attack.

McCree can move slightly...and can do massive burst damage over time. >.> I think he should at least be able to roll...but that's Blizzard's decision and not mine. He's the only hero you listed that I can feel bad for. They increased his lock on though so that helps a ton to at least secure 1 kill.

D.Va gets the ability to run away and fire. Even if it's not huge damage she still can do that.

Junkrat gets rooted to the ground with no way to see his surroundings. Unable to defend himself against attack unlike most of those other people who can instantly do damage to whomever is attacking them most of the time. In addition, his tire isn't even a guaranteed kill. It has plenty of counterplay and can be KILLED!

(These were really bad comparisons m8.)
01/19/2018 08:40 AMPosted by Acanarina
Ah...... no since Junkrat is the only hero that can't defend themselves while ulting.

completely false.

Edit- forgot reaper. He actually CAN move a little while ulting.
Pharah?
Reaper?
Dva?

None of them have decent control over their bodies besides dva but she can rarely do anything with her pellet gun.

Pharah is actively controlling and aiming herself.

Dva has full control over pilot dva.

Mccree can move still while ulting.

Not similar to junkrat who is rooted and can't move until his ult is complete.
As annoying as Junkrat is and seriously needs his mines toned down, I think this is a little much. He is completely stationary during his ult and can't actually do anything. I can see cutting the time down for his ult so you can no longer drive it across the map, but that's about it as far as Rip-Tire goes. Making it disappear or detonate if he dies is a bit much.
I have one question. Why nerf junkrat beyond the point where he was f tier? His nerfs arent even out of ptr and people are already going beyond
This seems like an interesting alternitive to the falloff damage on mines thats coming through.

I think we could all agree this would be a much preferable nerf to JR
01/19/2018 09:21 AMPosted by TheHunter
I have one question. Why nerf junkrat beyond the point where he was f tier? His nerfs arent even out of ptr and people are already going beyond

it auto detonating on death would actually be a buff in close quarter last resort ulting type of scenarios where you are basically on the point when you do ult.

You're more than likely to die but at least the tire can insta explode in the enemies face.
01/19/2018 09:18 AMPosted by Iterator
01/19/2018 08:43 AMPosted by Novah
Lol wtf kind of analogy is this? There are dozens if not hundreds of things that make sense in OW that don’t in real life.

What part of the analogy do you not understand?

I understand it just fine. My point is you can’t use real life logic for a fictional game that defies reality. When I crash my car and it explodes I can’t just summon a new one like DVA does with her mech. When I throw my gun on the floor I can’t just pull infinite ones out of nowhere like Reaper. When I get hurt I can’t time travel like tracer back to health lmao. In a universe where all this is possible it’s not ridiculous at all for junks tire to disappear/detonate when he dies.
The dumbest suggestion I have ever read
The tire is already EASY af to destroy, are you blind ? Think a little about balance, not only your blind hate of junkrat.

Git gud.
01/19/2018 09:00 AMPosted by Makenai
01/19/2018 08:52 AMPosted by Willustrate

What? Couldn't think of a way to argue against the OP so you resort to background checking him to give you some grounds to invalidate his post? Just to defend your precious hero?

Keep going on like this and you'll never develop good debating skills.

I don't need "debate" skills, I'm not an anglo-saxon. I prefer logic and stats. I'll leave the "debate" sophistries to you and your kind.

You can easily verify that junk's ult is middle of the pack right now in any stats site, and that OP is salty because he just died to one. It's noit a question of consistency, it's not a question of balancing.

It's pure salt.

Get it now amigo? Cool.

What you call logic and stats is nothing more than conjecture and bias. You have the initiative to seek new information but demonstrate the capacity to interpret it only in the ways that fit your narrative and worldview.

You think it's clear the OP is salty? I think it's clear you're tactless and couldn't use words to save your own life.
01/19/2018 08:39 AMPosted by Iterator
If someone dies driving a car the car doesn't just get destroyed it would continue until something hits it. As long as control of the tire is lost on death its fine.

gameplay>realism
01/19/2018 09:33 AMPosted by Novah
My point is you can’t use real life logic for a fictional game that defies reality.

Why do you think you can't use IRL logic in a fictional game? Would think a fiction can have none-fiction in it but a none-fiction can't have fiction it. So wondering your logic?
Someone did this exact same post and it got tons of downvotes. Weird
Sure but riptire can now no longer be destroyed
01/19/2018 08:51 AMPosted by Xtracrizby
01/19/2018 08:25 AMPosted by Driftwood
Title.

If Junk ults in the middle of a point and is killed, his tire should break.

Yeah, it does. You focus down on him since he's there, if he actually pulls it off then that's on your team not focusing him fast enough.

As to the whole killing him and his rip-tire going off, that's like asking Zarya Black hole or Orisa ult to despawn as well when they die. You implement this change and tons of other hero will get affected as well.

That doesn't make sense. Zarya doesn't "control" her black hole. Once the grav is unleashed it's on its own. Same with the supercharger. If i plug my phone in and die my phone is still going to get charged. If I'm driving an RC car and I die it will stop or crash because it has no driver.