Is it April Fool's Day?

General Discussion
Highly Rated
Because Blizzard just trolled all the Ana players.

First, they release a ton of awesome new stuff. We got some cool skins, e-motes, and highlight intros, which I must say is impressive and I do appreciate. However, what did Ana get? A highlight intro.

REALLY BLIZZ?

Before this update happened, I laughed to myself thinking what if Ana got a highlight intro... but I didn't think it would actually happen. I mean, seriously, when was the last time anybody ever saw an Ana PotG?

I've only gotten her PotG one time, and I pretty much main Ana. I've only seen one other Ana PotG other than that, it's just so rare it's basically an instant 5-10 votes on your card because it's amazing to even see one and many of you probably haven't actually seen an Ana PotG.

But... we aren't done with the April Fool's joke just yet, oh no. In Ana's highlight intro that you'll never see in a PotG, Ana is showing some great mobility. Great joke Blizz.
Highly Rated
If you're an optimist, you could see it as a sign of things to come.
So... did you get outside today?

Did you visit your grandma?

You know? Your actual grandmother? The one who’s real? And actually matters? Unlike Ana?
01/23/2018 02:09 PMPosted by Badarm

I will change my thread from April Fool's to Christmas if so. Until then, it's April Fool's Day.
like her finally getting some mobility something the other healers possess well minus zen but a good one can save their hide from almost anything with a discord orb and a few headshots and his ult channels sonic
Look to year of the dog. She might get another skin this year.
01/23/2018 02:14 PMPosted by InJecht
Look to year of the dog. She might get another skin this year.

I'm not really concerned about her skins. Ana got 2 cool skins lately: Pirate and Snow Owl. So no complaints there, both are great skins.

I would just rather see her get an e-mote than a highlight intro... unless Blizzard really is going to turn me into an optimist and make her more likely to get PotG, but I honestly just don't see that happening unless then introduce PotG 2.0 which I haven't heard anything on for a year.

Even so, if you're going to give Ana a Highlight Intro, don't make it look like she's running around when Ana doesn't run (unless you really are going to give her something I guess).
I don't see why sleep dart doesn't count as a shutdown for ulting enemies, life saver for a charging Reinhardt who has pinned a teammate or sharpshooter for very long range/ airbourn sleep.

It's literally all they had to do to make it more likely to get an Ana POTG, since you have to literally do a flawless play and hope no one else does anything impressive in order to get one. I recorded a highlight where I kill 3 people, 2 of which being a shut down (Reaper and Soldier ult) and Genji got a POTG for killing 2 people...
Granted, Genji killed full health targets while I killed 3 low health targets, but it was still more impressive than what he did, especially since it's Ana and it was before the damage buff too.
01/23/2018 02:19 PMPosted by K3nny
I don't see why sleep dart doesn't count as a shutdown for ulting enemies, life saver for a charging Reinhardt who has pinned a teammate or sharpshooter for very long range/ airbourn sleep.

It's literally all they had to do to make it more likely to get an Ana POTG, since you have to literally do a flawless play and hope no one else does anything impressive in order to get one. I recorded a highlight where I kill 3 people, 2 of which being a shut down (Reaper and Soldier ult) and Genji got a POTG for killing 2 people...
Granted, Genji killed full health targets while I killed 3 low health targets, but it was still more impressive than what he did, especially since it's Ana and it was before the damage buff too.

I have slept an ulting pharah while throwing a nade into a graviton while my nano boosted Rein wiped the people in the graviton. I was thinking holy crap I might actually get a PotG here!

The Rein got the PotG cause he did the most damage in the graviton.
you could head over to a Ana custom room and see her cool intro there? :D
01/23/2018 02:22 PMPosted by RayneFall
you could head over to a Ana custom room and see her cool intro there? :D

haha, that's about the only way you'll see one.
01/23/2018 02:20 PMPosted by Dragon
01/23/2018 02:19 PMPosted by K3nny

I have slept an ulting pharah while throwing a nade into a graviton while my nano boosted Rein wiped the people in the graviton. I was thinking holy crap I might actually get a PotG here!

I have slept pretty much every hero that you can to shut down their ult.... the game really doesn't care. The most I can hope for is either the Mercy or Moira on my team is slacking off on heals to even get a card at the end of the game.
01/23/2018 02:25 PMPosted by TheGreenman

I have slept pretty much every hero that you can to shut down their ult.... the game really doesn't care. The most I can hope for is either the Mercy or Moira on my team is slacking off on heals to even get a card at the end of the game.

I feel you. I've slept ulting Genjis, Reapers, and McCrees. It doesn't happen nearly every time, but it's amazing when it does. Pharah being a lot easier obviously, but you're right: it doesn't matter.

As another poster said, sleeping the Charging Rein doesn't trigger Lifesaver either. Shame.
01/23/2018 02:20 PMPosted by Dragon

That's an actual FeelsBadMan. And it's very relatable too, since you can always hope for that sweet deserved POTG at the end of the match but will never get it...

It's not a game breaking issue, and of course it's more important that the game is balanced, but Ana has been released over a year and she still can't have that some glory at the end of the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Lxfk5aMb_4
Is that really not POTG worthy?
01/23/2018 02:28 PMPosted by K3nny

That's an actual FeelsBadMan. And it's very relatable too, since you can always hope for that sweet deserved POTG at the end of the match but will never get it...

It's not a game breaking issue, and of course it's more important that the game is balanced, but Ana has been released over a year and she still can't have that some glory at the end of the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Lxfk5aMb_4
Is that really not POTG worthy?

You're right, it's not game breaking and I don't mean to complain about it. I still enjoy Ana even knowing full well I might not ever get PotG on her for the rest of my OW career...

...but holy cow that was a good Ana play. Sucks it didn't get PotG either. Can't say I'm surprised, do you remember who got it? Genji ult or something? lol
In all seriousness, they really gotta look at how POTG is weighted for Ana.

Such as what? A buff to her mobility? Or a buff to her potential for getting play of the game?
01/23/2018 02:11 PMPosted by Dragon

I will change my thread from April Fool's to Christmas if so. Until then, it's April Fool's Day.
That would be necroing. I'd start with a new thread.
01/23/2018 02:34 PMPosted by Felryn
In all seriousness, they really gotta look at how POTG is weighted for Ana.

*non-DPS in general
I thought this was pretty funny too. It's sad because Ana has some of the best highlight intros and they're all kind of wasted. I don't even get very many highlights with her and I've only ever seen one POTG on a stream and never in game myself.

There was one game where the Rein on my team got a shutdown POTG for pinning a sleeping Soldier that had just used his ult. Like really? Rein gets the credit for the shutdown there and not Ana who actually made the skilled play?