Please allow us to just forfeit and lose 30sr immdediately

Competitive Discussion
Because I'd rather just forfeit 30SR without having to play out matches that look like this:

https://imgur.com/a/HakWF

This was already lost before it even began and you could already tell, just let me forfeit this and take an SR hit so I can move onto the next game that hopefully doesn't have a team comp like this, I'll take my 10% chance on that next match.
How do you see it working? You alone forfeit and quit the match leaving your team 5v6? Or are you suggesting some kind of forfeit voting? The latter won't work anyway, since these players obviously don't care what happens in their game. First option won't be implemented because that's basically you leaving the match losing 30 SR instead of 50 and with no suspension from queue.
01/27/2018 03:38 AMPosted by Puntero
How do you see it working? You alone forfeit and quit the match leaving your team 5v6? Or are you suggesting some kind of forfeit voting? The latter won't work anyway, since these players obviously don't care what happens in their game. First option won't be implemented because that's basically you leaving the match losing 30 SR instead of 50 and with no suspension from queue.

Yea something like forfeit voting, if 3 people agree then the match is just gonna get cancelled.
01/27/2018 03:58 AMPosted by Sparks
Yea something like forfeit voting, if 3 people agree then the match is just gonna get cancelled.

If by cancelled you mean just literally cancelled with no SR adjustments, it's easily abusable. Not gonna happen for sure.

If you mean 3 votes => whole team loses 30 SR and the match is finished, this is never going to happen as well, you can't decide for the remaining 3 players on your team.

The only somewhat reasonable mechanic would be surrender voting as a whole team, like, the match is not shutdown if only 5 out of 6 voted for surrender. But this again I don't really like because Overwatch is a fast paced game, it's not like you waste 40 minutes of your life playing an obviously lost match. If your game is about to be a roflstomp it takes 10 minutes max, so implementing this system is not really worth it in my opinion.
Rocket League (soccer with rocket powered cars) has a forfeit option and while it's a still a great game it makes for some horrible in game behavior. Rounds are 5min and oh did you go down 1 score with 4min to go? Foreit. Did someone miss an easy shot even when everyone in the game is the equal to say Overwatch's silver rank? Oh better foreit!!

then if you don't vote to forfeit, being it requires the entire team to do so, here comes the pure troll play to try to force a forfeit. No, we just can't have it in this game it would be abused like crazy.

The player base in Overwatch would be much better off with some sort of player lobby/group up option for game modes. So you can build a team, group and then head out to the gaming queue.
-ok whatever, removed.-
I can see why these games can be frustrating, I've been frustrated by them myself plenty of times. But then 20-25% of those matches I find to still be capable of having a close match, or even win. I'm not sure if those percentages are worth it or the exact same for everybody..

But it is how legends are made in a way : p, you get to brag and have a cool story afterwards like; "I had a game with 5 insta lock dps, 2 snipers, and a torb on offense, so I went (input your carry pick here) and managed to pull them through with 3 gold medals, it was absolutely crazy!".

It does add extra excitement to my overall Overwatch ladder experience in a weird way.
match making needs so much work in terms of preferencial rol, trust factor ( toxics and throwers should play between each other, and not with / against people who has almost 0 reports), etc...

I mean, they've been improving it, for ex: now games are much more fair in terms of SR, but seems like they are more interested in cosmetics than game experience, at least they should tell us that they are discusing it...
01/27/2018 03:28 AMPosted by Sparks
Because I'd rather just forfeit 30SR without having to play out matches that look like this:

https://imgur.com/a/HakWF

This was already lost before it even began and you could already tell, just let me forfeit this and take an SR hit so I can move onto the next game that hopefully doesn't have a team comp like this, I'll take my 10% chance on that next match.

Doesn't look like you were helping to even try to win. You didn't have a healer and you still went a dps you are apart of the problem.
Looks like you should have been a healer there...
01/27/2018 03:58 AMPosted by Sparks
01/27/2018 03:38 AMPosted by Puntero

maybe forfiet and game cancel
01/27/2018 10:50 AMPosted by THE1PRO1KID
<span class="truncated">...</span>

maybe forfiet and game cancel

That gets you banned for the season if you do it every time games like this appear so it's not really an option :(
01/27/2018 07:12 AMPosted by Potdog

Doesn't look like you were helping to even try to win. You didn't have a healer and you still went a dps you are apart of the problem.

The screenshot was from before the game started, I switched to healer that game but it really didn't salvage that game ;)
01/27/2018 10:47 AMPosted by Arzoo

Why should he take a bigger SR hit by playing a healer for 5 dps? At that point it's best to just play for stats and minimize the sr loss.
Thing is, this would punish people for playing off meta picks by making it take something like, an hour maybe, to find a competitive game; thus enforcing the idea that there is a meta that must be followed, when Blizz says they don't want that.

However their actions say otherwise...
Surrender option urgently needed
That types of games are only winnable by being a saint, you should have said something like "Ok team, im gonna pick mercy and try to support you guys, pelease help me win this" or something like that. This kind of games of 6 pre-tilted players are only fixable if you try and convince 2 or 3 of them to actually have a decent comp.

Personally I can't do this (even as a forced mercy main), I get tilted and just accept de the loss... but I have seen some of this saint pull this shait and make us win. It is possible
I find that if you bite the bullet and play tank/support people will switch and choose something more suitable. Go Mercy and see if someone goes a rank to make the torb+sym work. Back when I bothered with comp we won more than a few of these janky compositions
01/27/2018 10:47 AMPosted by Arzoo

I was thinking the same thing.
Hanamura defence,
Wm, hanzo, torb, sym are viable
Drop the ego and switch to mercy.
Just need one more to swtich to tank, probably DF can switch.

Ppl always complaint someone else should switch.
Most matches would get cancelled and it would take forever to find a match. It would also not be fair to the other 3 players and the enemy team. If they would implement a forfeit system it would have to be where all 6 people accept and you lose more sr than you would if you stuck around for the whole game.