Will Numbani airport ever get fixed?

General Discussion
Highly Rated
The city was cleaned up and given new stuff but yet the airport is still trashed. Why? Where is the clean up crew?
That’s actually a good question... maybe it’s because the fact that other than the heroes, we literally see nobody else in this game except on posters...
Trashed airport leads to doomfist. So it's a part of the story

Imagine someone reading about it and buying the game. Go to numbani but the scene is not in the game.
01/17/2018 09:18 PMPosted by GreenVGC

Imagine someone reading about it and buying the game. Go to numbani but the scene is not in the game.
What if they added a new healer or builder (or both?) who came in and fixed the airport
01/17/2018 09:18 PMPosted by GreenVGC

That’s a piss poor reason because you can’t get into the penthouse office on volskya, or into the Temple on Temple of Anubis.

Or let’s look an Emily in Kings row, or...
I'm betting it's cuz Numbani is going through a rampant rise in unemployment. It's a tough market for people to do construction with actual materials when the new "hard light" technology is starting to take over.
Everyone's too scared of Doomfist to come back to the airport, so....
If memory serves, Orisa has a specific interaction where she says “Before Efi rebuilt me, I was defeated here by Doomfist...I must learn from my mistakes.”

Perhaps that’s why the airport is still wrecked? To give clarity as to what she’s talking about?
01/17/2018 10:04 PMPosted by JakuNonon
If memory serves, Orisa has a specific interaction where she says “Before Efi rebuilt me, I was defeated here by Doomfist...I must learn from my mistakes.”

Perhaps that’s why the airport is still wrecked? To give clarity as to what she’s talking about?

I thought that was the old Orisa in the wall. Is it not?
01/17/2018 10:07 PMPosted by flambutton
01/17/2018 10:04 PMPosted by JakuNonon

I thought that was the old Orisa in the wall. Is it not?
No, but one of Orisa’s key parts is a Chasis from one of the OR-15s That were destroyed there, so the memory probably carried over
Because the Numbani City council is racist towards omnics despite their claims of equality. It's to send a message to the omnics of the city that they will be sent in first to die, not humans, omnic lives are expendable. They will be left lying in public for little girls to pillage and steal their parts despite whatever their family may desire. Numbani is the most racist city in the lore by far.
Would be pretty cool to see it fixed slowly. Every update one of the robots gets cleaned up.
Hanzo's arrows are still stuck on Hanamura.
Winston's office still has the glass busted.
King's Row folk still light up candles for Mondatta even though they have a statue of him on the side.

And it will remain that way, it's storytelling.
By fixing the airport you remove the story of Numbani.

It doesn't really make sense in-lore, but it doesn't have to.
Jeff kaplan actually responded to a similar thread a few months ago.

05/09/2017 08:54 AMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
Have you ever tried to find a good contractor...

From this thread
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20754409531#detail
For now we like the airport the way it is, showing more of the story of Doomfist and Orisa's origins, rather than the pristine airport (pretty as it was!) when the map first launched.
01/18/2018 02:09 PMPosted by Michael Chu
For now we like the airport the way it is, showing more of the story of Doomfist and Orisa's origins, rather than the pristine airport (pretty as it was!) when the map first launched.

Can you atleast allow us to go into the clean airport in custom games?

I actually had a genuine shock when looking at some of my old gameplay after seeing that airport, I forgot what I looked like.
Sounds fine, but maybe it’ll return one day

Are we going to see any continuation of orissa's lore with doomfist? Yeah efi built her but does she actually have any conflict with Doomfist? Oh gosh I sense a story.. Since she's a mecha she might hate herself because doomfist hates robots and will insult her .. And then efi may play a story as well.. Omg Mr.Chu pls give us Something vague even !
The Numbani officials are afraid that if they fix it Doomfist will come back and destroy it again... So they just aren't going to fix it.
The airport probably has the same workers they used in WoW. Stormwind was trashed for years after Deathwing attacked.