Stop crying mercy mains

General Discussion
01/27/2018 06:31 PMPosted by Silverhyo
You may not want to believe it but she has been at the top of the meta and pick rate across all ranks including pro play and is getting a much NEEDED nerf. If one team has mercy and the other doesn't then that team pretty much auto wins.
We're not whining because she's no longer going to be the top dog. We're whining because they're still not solving the problem they caused with the rework.
01/27/2018 06:50 PMPosted by McNeo
Nobody said this about Lucio for 7 whole seasons.
Probably because his pick rate never reached Mercy’s current pick rate. And Lucio wasn’t required to win like Mercy is right now.
01/27/2018 06:36 PMPosted by Mercy
It’s not about the fact that she’s getting nerfed, we all knew that was coming. It’s that these are not the right nerfs. Mercy will still be a must pick and will be even less engaging to play since now all we can really do in valk is hold left or right click.
And another problem is nerfing Mercy won't end the multi-season Dive meta.

01/27/2018 06:48 PMPosted by FluffyDango
01/27/2018 06:47 PMPosted by Slyther0829

Even when Ana was trash and Mercy had mass Res, Zen + Lucio was a much more popular combo, especially in high tier games.

Mercy's healing output has had nothing to do with her standing in terms of balance.

When Ana "was" trash?
She's not anymore? :P
Well, lets just say she gets decimated just by having Winston + D.Va dive her. Not to mention Tracer and Genji putting the nail in the coffin.
01/27/2018 06:39 PMPosted by Hotaru251
Again...valk is the issue.

Not mercy herself.
Not rez.

Rez is the issue that's why they took away the second charge. that's why they made mercy 2.0 in the first place. rez is annoying

So is every ult in the game.

They made Mercy 2.0 because of SR abusers (when it was the SR system itself needed changed) and Mercy players playing overly cautiously so they could rez later... But by putting rez on E, they kind of missed the entire point.

Mercy players literally had no other options than resorting to setting up for their ult, once the fight started going downhill. Other healers have a combination of damage/cc/utility in their base kits to get an advantage when their healing isn't enough... But Mercy had no abilities that let her directly participate in the fight (and still doesn't).

It's why one of the most common topics on the forums (in the months leading up to the first Mercy rework) were discussions and requests for Mercy to be granted an E ability.
Why is it, I see more people complain that mercy player are complaining, then the mercy player them self?
01/27/2018 08:30 PMPosted by TJgalon
Why is it, I see more people complain that mercy player are complaining, then the mercy player them self?
Truth is people just absolutely love to hate on Mercy and the people who play her.
Nobody is crying tho...
01/27/2018 06:34 PMPosted by Morrov555
You may not want to believe it but she has been at the top of the meta and pick rate across all ranks including pro play

So is Genji.
I don't disagree that she needs a nerf. Just pointing that out.

No. Genji isn’t.

Why lie?
Well, Mercy was never a dominant, stupidly OP must-pick until the rework, and NONE of the million nerfs the rework recieved changed that. It doesn’t take a genius to see that reverting Mercy to pre-Valkyrie state is the smartest thing to do.
I understand the movement speed decrease, but I feel like the rez thing is stupid. She should have two, maybe three. Just so that way there can be some sort of game changer.
01/27/2018 06:34 PMPosted by Morrov555
You may not want to believe it but she has been at the top of the meta and pick rate across all ranks including pro play

So is Genji.
I don't disagree that she needs a nerf. Just pointing that out.
But that's ok because Genji mains are entitled to be "the best". At least that's the vibe they all give, always asking for everyone of their counters to be nerfed.
its really just the qp mercy mains, ask anyone who actually play ranked and they will all say they are sick of mercy
I am a mercy main and i agree that she is op. But the main reason i play her is due to the mobility of flying around team mates and healing them. I don't understand why people say she is unkillable in valk form. I play in gold rank on competitive and in valk form i fly around in every known direction, zigzag, up and down etc but there are still plenty of people who can easily kill me with Hanzo, mcree. And if your soldier uses his ulti at the same time as mercy its pretty much a slaughter. In non valk form a tracer can just run in and kill you, reaper can come from behind and kill you, winston can just straight up jump behind the enemy team, sombra is self explanatory, then theres widow and hanzo who can one shot you. So what exactly is the problem with dealing with mercy?
Regarding rez, no mercy in thier right mind will go to the front line to rez anyone as it takes 3 secs to rez just standing still and glowing like a firefly and its pretty much insta death. Most mercy's just hang around in the back and heal and can be killed with what i mentioned above.
Now the thing that everyone says is op and demoralizing to the opponent team is, it takes a lot of effort to kill someone and mercy can bring 2 of them back at a shot like its nothing. I believe only 1 rez during valk should fix this. But no other nerf makes any sense whatsoever.

Oh did i fail to mention that a genji with dragonblade also a insta kill for mercy? Don't understand what more people want. I play mercy because of the playstyle and it does not matter how much ana or lucio are going to get buffed i still don't like playing them. Everyone says mercy pickrate is high, has anyone though that people actually like the playstyle?
So like...point me in the direction of the mercy main's crying for anything other than for Mercy to be balanced and not main meta so we get dps babies like you off our tails and can play in peace.

also

"And to all the people that say "salty dps players just can't kill her" (because I see this message literally everywhere) yes you're right but guess what, while she's valking she has extreme mobility and health regen so is near un-killable but you wouldn't know that because aiming is a foreign concept to you."

"lol mercy mains can't aim" jokes are so stale my dude. Also you know when she WASN'T as hard to kill as she is in Valk? Pre-rework. Y'know. The one most DPS mains and big dps streamers and pros WHINED and whined about to achieve because it was too hard for 6 people to kill one wittle hiding mercy.
01/27/2018 11:10 PMPosted by arachnofab
it was too hard for 6 people to kill one wittle hiding mercy.

[/quote]

First thing is Mercy SHOULDN'T EVEN BE HIDING. It's terrible game design.

Second thing is it's unrealistic to expect the hiding Mercy to die, not only is there no true way to guarantee you'll find her, (Besides Widowmaker ult) but most of the time the detour required to reach her was absurd and not realistic for a team to take (High Ground on Lijiang Tower Control Center or Genji's Room in Nepal Village) without even the slightest assurance you'll even find the Mercy after going up there.

If I want to play hide-and-seek I'll join a hide-and-seek game in the game browser.

No hero should be get the most value of their ult by being away from their team and doing the opposite of their role.

A support that wants their team to die for ult value is like a DPS that wants the enemies to survive for their ult to get value.
tbh you should never try title your thread "stop crying ____ mains" if you want people to even consider what you have to say.
Reverts never die !
I'm not worried. When her nerf goes live and Mercy players that arent leaving the game stick around... where do you think they will go? They definitely aren't playing Mercy but I'm sure they'll fill your precious dps and tank slots if they aren't picking other supports. Enjoy the Mercy Shadow meta! ^_^
01/27/2018 11:30 PMPosted by Rondoudou
Reverts never die !

Terrible ideas never die*

There's no reason for Mercy to be reverted besides the feelings of Mercy mains, your feelings matter, but so do everyone else's. Barely anyone else wants a Mercy revert outside these forums and barely any non-Mercy mains want a revert even on these forums.

Why would Blizzard revert her back to a state where they thought she was unhealthy for the game?

If I want to play hide and seek I'll join a custom game titled 'hide-and-seek'