Anti Mobility Ability Ideas

Competitive Discussion
Well with the prevalence of mobile heroes like mercy, dva, winston, tracer and genji, we can all agree that we need an ability that can deal with them reliably and therefore i have these few ideas for it.

1. Ability to add increased cooldown on skill cd when the enemy was struck with the ability and used their ability under the duration of this ability.
Example : Tracer was hit with this attack and if she used blink during the 10s duration it will have 5s CD instead of 3s.
This ability wont affect heroes like mccree, s76, reaper, hanzo, etc but it would absolutely wreck heroes like genji, winston, tracer and mercy who rely on fast cd movement ability.

2. A projectile ability that auto-chase enemies and have low damage but with a catch. If the target was moving when the projectile hits them they will get stunned for 0.5s or less and if they stand still they will only get slightly slowed movement speed for 0.5s

3. An ability which deals damage per second and does increasing damage if the affected target is moving.

4. An ability that increase the gravity for the affected target, decreasing their vertical velocity by 50% and making them fall 2x faster.

5. An ability that prevents the target from moving away from a small area for a short duration. Kinda like trapping them in a dome.

6. Ability that make the affected target take damage everytime they cast an ability during the duration, this would also greatly affect fast cd movement heroes alot.

Those are things that i can think off, they may seem like a pain in the bum to deal with but im sure if implemented correctly these ideas could be implemented to make a very interesting counters to mobility.
There are allot of things that can stop D.VA and Winston, it sounds like you have some grudge against pro meta because your list seams biased, you could add other heroes to list too if you make it like that.
I think idea #5 is actually a pretty good idea! It wouldn't be too over the top and the player could still move a little to dodge and fight back but couldn't just run.
Sad doomfist was introduced to counter dive but is really just a substitute for dive dps. What your saying is mostly correct although a 1.5 stun is probably the most op thing I've ever heard.
01/11/2018 09:28 PMPosted by PureRogue
There are allot of things that can stop D.VA and Winston, it sounds like you have some grudge against pro meta because your list seams biased, you could add other heroes to list too if you make it like that.

Just some ideas to throw around in order to mitigate the dominance of high mobility character.
How about...no scott.
01/11/2018 09:32 PMPosted by ǶNUTinBUT420
Sad doomfist was introduced to counter dive but is really just a substitute for dive dps. What your saying is mostly correct although a 1.5 stun is probably the most op thing I've ever heard.

It doesnt have to be 1.5s, mccree's stun is 0.7s so probably since this ability is easier to land since it is auto chasing it should just be 0.5s or less.
01/11/2018 09:33 PMPosted by Josteen
01/11/2018 09:28 PMPosted by PureRogue

Just some ideas to throw around in order to mitigate the dominance of high mobility character.
There are only 2 heroes that are hard to keep in 1 place , Genji and Tracer , not so much Genji, as he still has more things that can stop him, not sure how you could make it work , they are very fragile heroes, they depend on their mobility, take it away and they will get killed before they even have chance to do anything, they will become useless.
Your suggestions would be crazy good for the meta. Unfortunately the dev team doesn't seem to know what to do.
Examples include:
-Continuous Mercy changes with zero balance impact
-Roadhog Nerf removing a counter for bad teams and flankers
-Junkrat buff making him viable on atk and def
-Mei is untouched despite her very low pick-rate across the board
-Rumored Hanzo rework despite Mercy STILL not fixed
-Complete lack of balanced hero releases
>Doomfist apocalypse of '06
>Weak Orisa of '05
>Useless Sombra of '04
>Broken Ana of '03
Blizz may play the game, but they don't seem to balance for the competitive player.

The kinds of things you want can be found in Dota 2. If you don't care about the fps aspect I highly recommend you give it try, because the Dota 2 dev teams actually know how to balance the game.

Overwatch is still a fun casual moba-like fps, but it's lack of balance at any level is a tragedy.
01/11/2018 09:43 PMPosted by ChaosDragon
Your suggestions would be crazy good for the meta. Unfortunately the dev team doesn't seem to know what to do.
Examples include:
-Continuous Mercy changes with zero balance impact
-Roadhog Nerf removing a counter for bad teams and flankers
-Junkrat buff making him viable on atk and def
-Mei is untouched despite her very low pick-rate across the board
-Rumored Hanzo rework despite Mercy STILL not fixed
-Complete lack of balanced hero releases
>Doomfist apocalypse of '06
>Weak Orisa of '05
>Useless Sombra of '04
>Broken Ana of '03
Blizz may play the game, but they don't seem to balance for the competitive player.

The kinds of things you want can be found in Dota 2. If you don't care about the fps aspect I highly recommend you give it try, because the Dota 2 dev teams actually know how to balance the game.

Overwatch is still a fun casual moba-like fps, but it's lack of balance at any level is a tragedy.

Frankly, i got these ideas from Dota 2 lel, i used to play it alot back then. It would be really interesting if this abilities get implemented in some way or form into the game.
01/11/2018 09:24 PMPosted by Josteen
Well with the prevalence of mobile heroes like mercy, dva, winston, tracer and genji, we can all agree that we need an ability that can deal with them reliably and therefore i have these few ideas for it.

1. Ability to add increased cooldown on skill cd when the enemy was struck with the ability and used their ability under the duration of this ability.
Example : Tracer was hit with this attack and if she used blink during the 10s duration it will have 5s CD instead of 3s.
This ability wont affect heroes like mccree, s76, reaper, hanzo, etc but it would absolutely wreck heroes like genji, winston, tracer and mercy who rely on fast cd movement ability.

2. A projectile ability that auto-chase enemies and have low damage but with a catch. If the target was moving when the projectile hits them they will get stunned for 0.5s or less and if they stand still they will only get slightly slowed movement speed for 0.5s

3. An ability which deals damage per second and does increasing damage if the affected target is moving.

4. An ability that increase the gravity for the affected target, decreasing their vertical velocity by 50% and making them fall 2x faster.

5. An ability that prevents the target from moving away from a small area for a short duration. Kinda like trapping them in a dome.

6. Ability that make the affected target take damage everytime they cast an ability during the duration, this would also greatly affect fast cd movement heroes alot.

Those are things that i can think off, they may seem like a pain in the bum to deal with but im sure if implemented correctly these ideas could be implemented to make a very interesting counters to mobility.
i love these ideal