Another nerf to Mercy that maybe you didn't see.

General Discussion
In TDM now res doesn't undo the kill from the counter of kills. I just rez up 2 people and the counter was blocked to 27 instead going down to 25.

If someone else can agree, it is appreciated.

Edit: tried more and more. Confirmed.

Meaning of the thread:
I do not agree. Why ? That was one of the prime example of the Mercy rework, Jeff said it proudly, in TDM it will remove kills from the score. And I think it's fair, because rezzing only to have the score stay the same and potentially have your teamate die again from that rez ? No, stop the nerfs, find a way, rework or don't touch, but nerfing is not going the right way, it's contradicting why she was changed in the first place.
That was also a reason to have Mercy's ult being Valkyrie : she now has a useful ult in FFADM.

So the rework's reasons are now totally obsolete.
Good.
Makes Mercy a mandatory pick.
Honestly? This is a needed change.

I know the game isn't balanced around TDM, but Mercy is BS there due to that. If one team has a Mercy, yours has to run one just to off-set this. It's really dumb.
01/16/2018 02:40 AMPosted by Matsy
Good.
Makes Mercy a mandatory pick.

I think you mean Optional.
This is fine.
Wait... she could actually change the score?
01/16/2018 02:41 AMPosted by Crepsly

I know the game isn't balanced around TDM, but Mercy is BS there due to that. If one team has a Mercy, yours has to run one just to off-set this. It's really dumb.

It isn't the point "needed change" (Imho nope lol. You are undergrounding the what make Mercy unique), but this isn't anyway REPORTED.
01/16/2018 02:43 AMPosted by WarGoat

She could. But not now anymore. And this isn't a reported change, that make worse and worse the image of the devs to community.

Rezzing a teammate would subtract 1 point from the enemy team's score.

This of course became stupidly broken once Mercy got re-worked.

I do not agree. Why ? That was one of the prime example of the Mercy rework, Jeff said it proudly, in TDM it will remove kills from the score. And I think it's fair, because rezzing only to have the score stay the same and potentially have your teamate die again from that rez ? No, stop the nerfs, find a way, rework or don't touch, but nerfing is not going the right way, it's contradicting why she was changed in the first place.
That was also a reason to have Mercy's ult being Valkyrie : she now has a useful ult in FFADM.

So the rework's reasons are now totally obsolete.
Can't they just "grey out" rez then? I mean, it's not like it's beneficial to rez for the sake of lowering the respawn (since you can respawn after two seconds), and the Mercy will likely just die trying to cast it. If it doesn't do anything but CC the player themselves they might just as well make it unavailable.
tbh I felt like it was kinda trash that she could do that anyway. like comp? qp? fine. but like doing it in TDM and other arcade games (besides no limits) seemed sort of.. unneeded? like the chain healing and valkyrie was enough in TDM, she didn't need to take away points too.

I'm guessing its a bug though since the dev team didn't note it?

Its not 100% guarenteed to win just by having Mercy.

In a team match there are 2 prime roles, Tank, DPS and Support.

If both teams, Damage Dealers and Tanks are balanced and are equally skilled then it is down to the supports to make a difference, if supports are equal in ability then it is a matter of who picks off the healer first will win.

One of the Most common problems with Overwatch is that no matter what iteration of Mercy we have, people ignore us, they dont finish us off and then it comes back to bit them in the form of Resurrect ult or Valkyrie.

Also it doesnt help to keep bashing the Support community... trashing the support and driving people away from playing them will just result in fewer and willing support players...

A good support can enhance the teams Performance so long as Tank and DPS can handle their roles but a poor support will die and cripple the team due to the lack of Heals per Second.

Not only that but it changed the score even if the rez didnt go through.

Thank goodness its gone lol
THANK GOD, how busted is a hero that can just remove points from your team with a button's press.
Hmpf. I think it was fairer the way it was before, bc Mercy is 1/4 of your team that does not get ANY kills. I always viewed the ressed people as kind of my contribution to the kills.
Love these undocumented changes
01/16/2018 04:38 AMPosted by Primrose
Hmpf. I think it was fairer the way it was before, bc Mercy is 1/4 of your team that does not get ANY kills. I always viewed the ressed people as kind of my contribution to the kills.

Why are you playing a healer in TDM?
bump
bump