If Rez was an Ult again w/ 1 sec Invuln

General Discussion
What should "E" be?
Mini valk and it wouldn't actually be unfair it would prob be about the same as amp it up or biotic grenade just a little easier to use as it locks on, 10 secs of regular forked healing/damage buff no increase just simply more of it, or battle mercy if you want to would help her in the mid fight which she won't have if res went back to an ult. Give it something relatively long for a cd
Or just a double jump that isn't so awkward to pull off like her current hop that she has. It is really hard to pull off on console!
01/17/2018 02:59 PMPosted by SaltySupport
Or just a double jump that isn't so awkward to pull off like her current hop that she has. It is really hard to pull off on console!
not really its pretty easy
What about like a 4-5 sec shield that absorbs all dmg but then releases that dmg onto the target after it expires?

Like you would use it maybe on say Reinhardt;

His shield is about to break. You pop the shield on him so he is absorbing the dmg for 5 sec (or earlier if he puts some shield up or LOS) then he takes the dmg later but that's OK bc he was able to recharge his shield so he puts it back up and is safe and you can now heal that dmg.

Could also use it with Zarya bubble. Like Tracer is about to take a scatter arrow to the ankle and be 1 shot lul... you put the invuln shield on her. She's going to die after it expires bc that dmg is going to 1shot her. But now Zarya's bubble is off CD and she throws the bubble on Tracer right before it expires boom most of the dmg is absorbed, Tracer is also live and Zarya gains some energy.

Is that too OP? Too confusing? Too much?
The first iteration of rezz on a cooldown, obviously. Make it an ultimate AND an ability!
I'd be more concerned about what we'd do to enforce a "stay with your team" playstyle, and also prevent abuse of Huge Res to increase SR gain. Because one of the main reasons Mercy was reworked wasn't a balance issue, but the problem that Mercy "mains" were boosting themselves by using toxic strategies that bordered on throwing.
01/17/2018 03:10 PMPosted by Blam320
I'd be more concerned about what we'd do to enforce a "stay with your team" playstyle, and also prevent abuse of Huge Res to increase SR gain. Because one of the main reasons Mercy was reworked wasn't a balance issue, but the problem that Mercy "mains" were boosting themselves by using toxic strategies that bordered on throwing.

Make more ranks win loss than based on performance and they will either play with their team to win or they will pick a different hero as huge res won't help them
No E. Y’all wanna revert Mercy she can be F tier again.
make her rez require LoS of her dead teammates, but grant her a mini valk E.
01/17/2018 03:16 PMPosted by RiotRhythm

Mercy wasn't F-tier before Valkyrie. She was literally changed because people were crying about Mercy being in every game and just playing hide and go res.

That said, Mercy doesn't need a chain-beam or a purge skill or anything. She was fine without an E before.
mercy should most definitely not get an E ability if her ult is reverted. she was fine.
E for "Evade Nerf" so she has a way to protect against getting patch-pulverized again.
You are all saying she was fine before the changes but a lot of ppl still say she wasn't fun to play. Hide and seek Mercy isn't very fun tbh and that was how she was played.

I think an "e" ability can break that so that's why I'm asking since everyone seems to want Rez back as an ult.

I personally like it as an "e" ability w/ the 30sec CD. I think ppl that whine about the rezzes are too ignorant to understand their own faults in letting Mercy rez so often. I'm also saying that bc I'm OK now with the recent nerfs and would like to see how they play out.
01/17/2018 03:16 PMPosted by RiotRhythm
What are you talking about? Pre-buff Mercy was nowhere near F-tier, if anything she was at the very least B-tier due to how damned fast her ult could build.
I'd give her Refreshing Buffet

Description: Mercy flaps her wings in an arc of refreshing energy.

Blizzard can do a lot of different things. They can go safe and treat it as an AoE Heal. Or to be more adventurous, it could reduce cooldowns by 25% of everyone in range. If E stays on 30 seconds, then let it reset cooldowns by 100%. I'm curious to see how it would play. It would be underwhelming and useless for some, but I bet a 76 would love using back-to-back rockets and the old double hook from hog.
01/17/2018 03:10 PMPosted by Blam320

Haven't they done away with performance based SR already?
Just remove Resurrection and replace it with Guardian Angel. A short cooldown that reduces damage taken for the target. Even make it so that if a character's health goes to 0, they don't die until the effect wears off. Give Mercy some proactive measures instead of all reactive.
Maybe make E her 1-sec invulnerability. She has to use it separately with her Ult.