"xqc should be removed from the league!" QQ

General Discussion
01/19/2018 12:12 PMPosted by Harper
xQc fanboy: "you'll never get to his level so you hate him for no reason"

lol as if

im just tired of watching this community screaming about every little thing that he does and trying to blow it out of proportion
People who can get away with extremes such as, most recently, homophobic insults... definitely deserve punishment regardless of an apology. He's being paid as a professional player on the league, some people watching the league most likely have a 'role model' but anyone who thinks XQC is fine after the recent homophobic comment is, well... enough said. If you're a professional then act professionally. An apology (half baked at that) shouldn't grant the equivalent of a 'get out of jail free card'.

You can't do the same in another job, imagine for example if you were working in a call center and you shouted out some homophobic comment like that. You'd be fired.

You know it'll happen again. He'll get angry at something then throw some insult again, then make a half baked apology a little later as if everything is fine.
01/19/2018 12:17 PMPosted by Hauven
People who can get away with extremes such as, most recently, homophobic insults...

why is it homophobic

because xqc isn't gay? wouldnt it be really funny if he was gay and there was nothing for you to be mad about? or would it be sexual harassment at that point

personally i have my money on no one caring
01/19/2018 12:15 PMPosted by onetrick
01/19/2018 12:12 PMPosted by Harper
Talking trash about other players and being toxic is not in the game.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/7re45d/muma_disrespects_xqc/

k ban muma plz

Any insult? Any trashtalk? Yeah he clearly made a ref to xQc, as a taunt.

And even if he did, he should also be warned.
Friendly taunting or some rivalties between players is a good thing.
Toxic trashtalk ain't.

[ Edited by a moderator for language ]
If E-sports -- an alternative form of entertainment targeted primarily to kids under 18 -- is going to gain serious momentum and become profitable, there are going to have to be standards on how to treat people.
01/19/2018 12:20 PMPosted by Harper

oh i thought we were adults here and we were all too grown up to make fun of each other

so can you pick one because if you're just going to be biased then that's what everyone else is going to do
01/19/2018 11:25 AMPosted by onetrick
do u ppl even realize how much trash ppl who don't even play sports talk to each other about their fav teams? r u actual sports enthusiasts or r u just lookin 4 somethin to whine about?

like pls, just stop. all ur doing is making urself look very foolish

"i would have gotten fired from my job if i said what xqc did"

ok well ur job isnt to beat korea in video games it? No? ok well someone is paging u in electronics jeremy so u better get a move on

my job is to make websites and applications and make sure it's properly used by my clients. When they behave smug and disrespectful(say what he said in my country, you're going to have a huuuuuge b***slapping), I have to tell them they're gonna face consequences later and they should rework their attitude. And it always has consequences, it impacts their results and other people's results.

xQc acts like crybaby and has had way enough things forgiven.

I follow fighting games tournament regularly, and play some of them at a level good enough to win some local tournaments.
I will not give names, but for instance, in the Smash Brothers community, there is someone, a top player, he's always in top 8 of really big tournaments(unless really he gets a surprising loss early on, which is rare), the guy has asperger, rarely does he behave badly, it happens, but he's mostly a goofy and funny guy, when he says or does something bad, it's way less worse than everything xQc has done. Like the only thing I recall him doing that could be seen as bad is flipping the bird as the crowd was being silly with him(that annoyed him so he did that), and guess what, while some took it a bit badly, most people found that funny, because they know he didn't mean to be rude, they know he got triggered by the crowd and all. But he hasn't done what xQc has done. And this Smash guy's been playing Smash Brothers as a living for over a decade.

In the Smash community some horrible things happen from other players too, what happened to them ? Lost sponsorships and spotlights, right away, no second chance no nothing.
01/19/2018 12:24 PMPosted by onetrick
01/19/2018 12:20 PMPosted by Harper

oh i thought we were adults here and we were all too grown up to make fun of each other

so can you pick one because if you're just going to be biased then that's what everyone else is going to do

"Ah! you're funny dude *sarcastic*"

or

"!@#$ you, no use speaking with you"

I could use either of these to answer you. Difference between these two is: the first one is not meant to be clearly disrepectful and insulting you. Second is.
Know the difference.
Paid PROFESIONAL doesn't need to be professional?
What

Also fix the spelling it hurts my eyes
Really there should just be a zero-tolerance policy on toxicity in the OWL. I say that because of the time the devs have spent implementing all the reporting features, and also Jeff has talked about how players should be nicer to each other. If the professional Overwatch players don't follow that, a lot of people who watch won't either. People have said that there's always trash talking in sports, but it really goes against everything the devs have done to try to reduce toxicity in the game. It just doesn't really make any sense for them to tolerate it in their professional realm from anyone.
01/19/2018 11:39 AMPosted by LostBard
01/19/2018 11:31 AMPosted by MofoMan2000
Oh boy, here we go.

*Do *you *people *people *Are *you *are *you *looking *for *something *Like *please *All *you're *yourself *foolish. *I *I *xQc *did. *Ok *your *isn't *Korea *is it? *Ok *you *Jeremy *you *on.

Did I miss anything?

LOL! This is the best post I've seen all day. I'd give more than an up-vote if I could.

Intelligent choice, we all know correcting the grammar of the person you're arguing with makes for an impeccable and witty comeback
01/19/2018 11:27 AMPosted by Honchkrow
What the hell does "QQ" mean?

In mmos QQ is a crying face
01/19/2018 01:20 PMPosted by VanillaCoke
01/19/2018 11:39 AMPosted by LostBard

LOL! This is the best post I've seen all day. I'd give more than an up-vote if I could.

Intelligent choice, we all know correcting the grammar of the person you're arguing with makes for an impeccable and witty comeback

Nope, but looking at the raw amount of corrections gave me quite the good laugh. Mordant humor is a thing as well.
I say with a great deal of confidence that I believe he will be let go before the end of the season. It isn't a matter of "should". He's been given a number of chances but reliably blows it each time. If only his play was so consistent.
Here are my thoughts on the whole situation:

Let's treat this like a sport because essentially, that is what OWL is. It's an Esport. So let's treat it like one. I cannot honestly think of a sports competitor who has said half the things XQC has said and gotten away with it. Those people have gotten suspended for longer than just one match, longer than a week. There have even been some cases where those people would face bigger consequences than just a suspension for what they had said and for the things they had done. So we should hold him to that same level.

Because no matter which way you look at it, everything he does, and everything all the other League players do is going to be looked at under a microscope. Everything they do and everything they say is going to matter to somebody. They've made it big in Overwatch. They serve as a representation of our playerbase. We don't want our representation to go around telling others to go suck a chode. Joke or not, that's not a good way to represent the brand. We want the top level of play to represent all that is good in the game, all the positive outlooks on our playerbase. Not the toxic part of the community, and none of the other negative aspects of the playerbase.
I play in Competitive Frisbee tournaments and I never been any sort of toxicity and always act professionally even when losing. It's called Sportsmanship which a few Overwatch pro players like xQc for example lack currently.
01/19/2018 11:25 AMPosted by onetrick
do u ppl even realize how much trash ppl who don't even play sports talk to each other about their fav teams? r u actual sports enthusiasts or r u just lookin 4 somethin to whine about?

like pls, just stop. all ur doing is making urself look very foolish

"i would have gotten fired from my job if i said what xqc did"

ok well ur job isnt to beat korea in video games it? No? ok well someone is paging u in electronics jeremy so u better get a move on

You actually think the getting all uptight about this have played sports in their life?

LuL.