Why don't smurfs play against smurfs

Competitive Discussion
This makes zero sense to me. The community doesn't like playing against smurfs, QP groups new accounts up together. Regardless of MMR, there's always a match. So why isn't this a thing in competitive? "oh the queue times" is not a valid excuse because it's not an issue in QP even if more people play that mode. Newer players are more likely to get placed in lower tiers because they're still a bit unfamiliar with the game. Even if a newer player gets placed in say, gold or platinum, they're still going to have to play against other smurfs.

People on smurfs do not care about SR and do not care about winning.
If they grouped smurfs together, it would be a battle of who throws the game better. When I created my account, I got placed with smurfs after my first few matches, even though I was not a smurf myself. I talked to a lot of them and some of them said that they wanted to make a bronze account, and some of them wanted to see how high they could get with a new account.
01/26/2018 06:18 PMPosted by Navdel
Even if a newer player gets placed in say, gold or platinum, they're still going to have to play against other smurfs.

People on smurfs do not care about SR and do not care about winning.

Starting overwatch and being placed against a bunch of smurfs is not going to be a good way to keep new players.

As it is a lot of the smurf DO care about SR, they want to keep it low...
Personally I've made 2 new accounts just so I could play comp (wich I prefer since more people actually try to win, instead of learning hero abilities) with friends that hardly play overwatch/ are just stuck in lower leagues without it affecting my own SR. Or just trying out roles I haven't played as much in a competetive setting. (But honestly I was impressed with how quickly I got put into matches where I was challenged again and was around MMR that felt familiar).

Maybe looking to implement ideas from the sc2/heroes ranked systems could be beneficial here. Starcraft2 gives seperate placements and SR depending on your group without effecting the other SR. Also for each seperate race you can play (since your zerg might be diamond while you're a gold terran). Blizzard already came up with good ways to lessen the need for smurfs, they just have to implement them into Overwatch.

Smurfs that play to keep a low SR and throw games to stay low SR, report them. That's the only real viable option I see at this point unfortunately.

Also QP smurfs are queued together with any new account, smurf or no smurf, untill they play enough for a reasonable mmr assessment.