Your Mercy is also FUBAR

General Discussion
Don't DPS and people thanking Blizzard for the Mercy's nerf realise that their own healer, the one you spam for healing (or resurrection) will be also doomed? Or do you think that these nerfs will only affect enemy Mercy?
Quiet! they haven't figured that out yet...

Let's give them some time to realize they will be walking the long distance back to the frontline;
like every Mercy out there they've failed to protect...
As a dps player, i think mercy's nerfs are well deserved. And don't base all dps mains as need healing-spamming neanderthals who auto-lock genji and don't switch. That's unreasonable and stupid.
I fully realize I'll be rezzed less or not at all, and I think that's a good thing

Mercy being in the game has made me far too reckless
It's just going to highlight more players, not just dps, but tank players who are grossly out of position and they can't expect their Mercy to save them from their stupidity. Granted it's at the expense of Mercy actually having some enjoyment to play, but that's my silver lining to take from it.
Ah, but what about the other supports? Now you can actually be worthwhile again!
Good this will teach people to better positioning and to not over extend as much. Thats what people always needed to learn. Also means if I want to play Lucio in comp I won't get told to switch to Mercy. I have not played him much since the Mercy rework because "we need a Mercy" heck the only support I would play is Zen during this time though I did play Mercy once or twice this season when I felt my aim was off on dps and figured I be the team player. I was so bored playing her.
01/30/2018 01:11 PMPosted by Astaldo
Don't DPS and people thanking Blizzard for the Mercy's nerf realise that their own healer, the one you spam for healing (or resurrection) will be also doomed? Or do you think that these nerfs will only affect enemy Mercy?

We understand and we're cool with it.
01/30/2018 01:40 PMPosted by Eric

Yeah, yeah, sure. The SPAM will tell.

For real. People have this crazy view of dps mains that they're all toxic spammy idiots who have never played a healer ever. It's stupid
Most of the dps mains flex too btw.
I'm well aware that I'll actually be punished if a make a mistake. The fact that you don't think that's good is very disturbing.

that would be so awesome if it only affected the enemy healer, a bit unfair though,i do agree with the post though
The things that made mercy useful are still there, she ain't going anywhere.
I know it's been long 6 months but newsflash, mercy's not the only healer in the game.
Or do you think that these nerfs will only affect enemy Mercy?

This is what they think. I mean, have you ever seen, and I'm sure you have - but people spouting that Mercy's old res turns the game into a "5v11." LUL... Yeah, so did your Mercy too, so it evens out. But I guess only the enemy team has a Mercy.
01/30/2018 01:46 PMPosted by Astaldo

Yeah, yeah, sure. The SPAM will tell.

I don't think DPS see the "i need heals" spam. I think only support class see that.. (and Torb sees people need armor packs).
I made a joke about this pre Roadhog nerf, but it was much more lighthearted in nature. It was about how while your Roadhog is a menace, the real menace is the enemy Roadhog, whose going to kill your Roadhog. How is your Roadhog going to terrorize the enemy team when their Roadhog is terrorizing your own team? The only solution is to nerf Roadhog so that Roadhog can't abuse Roadhog and prevent Roadhog from doing Roadhog's job vs Roadhog.

Man that was fun.
01/30/2018 06:25 PMPosted by Beartornado
I made a joke about this pre Roadhog nerf, but it was much more lighthearted in nature. It was about how while your Roadhog is a menace, the real menace is the enemy Roadhog, whose going to kill your Roadhog. How is your Roadhog going to terrorize the enemy team when their Roadhog is terrorizing your own team? The only solution is to nerf Roadhog so that Roadhog can't abuse Roadhog and prevent Roadhog from doing Roadhog's job vs Roadhog.

Man that was fun.

You spoke too soon, I guess.