Tracer

General Discussion
She is broken. It's not really even debatable and I dont see anyone really bring it up. I've honestly never played a more broken character in an FPS game.

I get it. Tracer is super fun and I love playing her. At the same time though I also try not to play her a lot because she completely trivializes this game.

Rarely do I feel like I earn a win when I play tracer. It's basically handed to me and thats not why I play games.

When played correctly she is extremely hard to deal with. Playing tracer alone could carry me to GM but honestly I'd rather be a diamond hanzo than a master tracer any day.

It's a pretty simple fix too. Just increase the time it takes for blinks to recharge.

Genji I know is way more broken from a fundamental level but I think it's important to talk about tracer as well.
She's High Risk / High Reward
01/11/2018 08:23 AMPosted by ARCTURUS

She literally has a redo button if she messes up.
01/11/2018 08:20 AMPosted by STYL
I dont see anyone really bring it up

It's not being brought up because your statement is false. Tracer is the ideal hero with an unlimited skill ceiling. Just because a hero can be used to great effect does not equal broken.
01/11/2018 08:24 AMPosted by MetaVolca

And Bastion, Soldier 76, etc can heal themselves and D.va can leap in and out of mech and Sombra can tp, and even MORE etc - what of it?
01/11/2018 08:24 AMPosted by SwanofWar
I dont see anyone really bring it up

It's not being brought up because your statement is false. Tracer is the ideal hero with an unlimited skill ceiling. Just because a hero can be used to great effect does not equal broken.

By your own definition she's better. If one hero has "unlimited skill ceiling" and the others have a limited one, then that means there is a clear upper limit for other heroes and none for her.
01/11/2018 08:26 AMPosted by Attlus
01/11/2018 08:24 AMPosted by SwanofWar

By your own definition she's better. If one hero has "unlimited skill ceiling" and the others have a limited one, then that means there is a clear upper limit for other heroes and none for her.

All skill ceiling means is how easy a character is to get good at.
01/11/2018 08:24 AMPosted by MetaVolca

And 150 HP.

And her redo button is one of the longest cooldowns in the game.
Playing tracer alone could carry me to GM but honestly I'd rather be a diamond hanzo than a master tracer any day.

Aahahahahahahahahhahahshshahahshshhhshsjcicgelocgmrlwofigjjdidfiiwndovpendiic

Solid 1.8 elims per life on Tracer you have

You play a hard counter to tracer, Hanzo

Git gud
Tracer is never ever going to get nerfed.

Blizzard balance all other heroes in the game relative to her. She is their yardstick, their point of reference. In their mind, she is totally 100% balanced, and heroes are only OP/UP relative to Tracer. She will never get nerfed.

Someone has a way higher pickrate than Tracer? Give them a nerf. Someone putting out way less damage on average than Tracer? Buff their damage. That is Blizzard's mindset.
Here we go again
<span class="truncated">...</span>

And 150 HP.

And her redo button is one of the longest cooldowns in the game.

''My God mode can be activated only every 12s. In the meantime I'm forced to suffer treats like everybo...**blink blink blink blink blink** **1km and 12s later**...dy else''
<removed toxicity>

When played correctly she is extremely hard to deal with. Playing tracer alone could carry me to GM but honestly I'd rather be a diamond hanzo than a master tracer any day.

Hahahaha ok. It's interesting how many people on this forum think they're sleeper GM with X broken hero...but you know, they're not going to use X hero because it would just be too easy. You'd think these people could at least reach masters with another hero, but I guess plat is pretty close. Lmfao
She is broken. It's not really even debatable

Great way to convince people to your side of the argument. She's not broken if you ask me. Just play better.
I'm a Tracer main and have three different accounts (Silver, Diamond, GM) so that i can game with friends at various levels.

Team communication and coordination is Tracers hard counter at all levels of play. Good Tracers are looking for advantageous areas of weakness in the enemy teams positioning. They then make a move to exploit that opportunity. If the team is communicating and coordinating well enough your effectiveness is almost near zero. The most you can do then is try to stay with you team and exploit targets of opportunity as the team fight is carried out. This is made worse if any member of the team is a counter to you.

The issue is most players on the ladder do not coordinate nor communicate well, Tracer thrives in that environment. Overwatch truly needs a "clan" type system where you can form teams of like minded and comparatively skilled players and perform in games together. This is the reason why "simply having a Tracer" does not mean an instant win for Pro teams. In fact pro teams have won games without a Tracer on their team versus a team with a Tracer. Communication and coordination will win out almost every time, that's how you counter her. Unfortunately in ranked you're being placed with players of varying skill, points of view, experience, and ideas on how to best tackle a given situation and every game you're essentially grouped with new players and starting all over again.

Tracer is not overpowered or easy to use effectively. At lower ranks it absoluely looks that way but not because she is uncounterable or unmanageable to play against but simply because communication, coordination, and personal positioning is worse the further down the ladder you are.
My !@#
The forum can be such a bandwagon. This is what we're upset about now? Tons of Tracer posts lately. I think people just gang up in hopes of ruining a character they can't beat
<removed toxicity>
I don't think you're allowed to complain a hero is op when you average 2.12 elims per life and a 42% win rate with said hero.