Do you think that Rez will stay?

General Discussion
Just a question, no suggestion or opinion.

Do you think that they will balance rez (A) or they are just postponing the unavoidable and its gonna be replaced with different ability (B)?
I think theyre in a situation where they dont like rez but would piss too many Mercy fans off by removing it, so theyre reducing it to be as non-impactful as they can (without putting the hero in the can).

I think they'll keep it. Once every 30sec with no extra Valk doesnt seem too mandatory except maybe on 2cp.
01/18/2018 04:48 PMPosted by Coulumbo
I think theyre in a situation where they dont like rez but would piss too many Mercy fans off by removing it, so theyre reducing it to be as non-impactful as they can (without putting the hero in the can).

I think they'll keep it. Once every 30sec with no extra Valk doesnt seem too mandatory except maybe on 2cp.

Good point, there are so many Mercy mains who enjoy aspect of the rezzing and i respect it, they bought the game with it :). So its logical from Blizz.

But i think if there was parrarel universe without Mercy fans they wouldnt hesitate a second to replace it but we will never know.
I don't want to think so, but I think it's going. We've gone from being able to rez 5 people, to being able to rez 4 within 20 seconds, to being able to rez two consecutively, to being able to rez one every 30 seconds with slow and a cast time. I mean, resurrection is basically half way out the door, just leaning in to retrieve its coat.

It's a shame, because removing rez is destroying a part of Mercy's character just as surely as if you had taken away Genji's blade or Road Hog's hook.
I don't want to think so, but I think it's going. We've gone from being able to rez 5 people, to being able to rez 4 within 20 seconds, to being able to rez two consecutively, to being able to rez one every 30 seconds with slow and a cast time. I mean, resurrection is basically half way out the door, just leaning in to retrieve its coat.

It's a shame, because removing rez is destroying a part of Mercy's character just as surely as if you had taken away Genji's blade or Road Hogs hook.

Agree, they should think before that ressurection is almost unbalanceable in FPS game, but now its too late to revert it without damage.
I have no clue.
It wouldn't surprise me at all if they do end up removing it, but there'll be quite the rage fest if they do.
I'm against removing it, this time last year Mass Rez got buffed so it was considered UP showing it has the potential to be balanced, but first they need to understand a guarenteed full revive on cooldown is never going to be balanced. It is something that needs to be earned, lessens the sting of having a kill reversed if you know someone had to work for that revive, it also felt better to know I earned my rezes and didn't just happen to exist long enough. Until it's earned again I don't see Mercy leaving must-pick-land, free ally every 30sec plus ggez full team heals/damage boost? Awful hard to beat that.
Rez should be removed. It is bad for the game, not just in terms of balance.
heroes never die.
It should go. Otherwise, Mercy will always be a topic of controversy and a nerf target. Mercy mains would be better off without it.
Rez is the strongest ability in the game, also the most annoying and hated ability to deal with. If rez gets removed I feel it will be for the better, snipers will be more fun to have in teams since picks will be more rewarding
01/18/2018 05:30 PMPosted by Nitehawk
It should go. Otherwise, Mercy will always be a topic of controversy and a nerf target. Mercy mains would be better off without it.

So we should remove everything that causes controversy? Because then I guess it's also goodbye to scatter arrow, deflect, Rip-Tire...

Mass Rez was balanced, it just needed some tweaks to give it more counterplay, the rework is what made it unbalanced.
Remove rez, add Ubercharge. There. Instead of REVERTING AN ENTIRE BLOODY TEAM WIPE. She can be the cause of a team wipe to happen. Or protect a valuable teammate while the enemy is attacking. That sounds much more fun instead of playing hide and seek. Old rez was removed for a reason. But it was replaced with something terrible.