Review McCree's Flashbang

General Discussion
01/24/2018 05:26 PMPosted by SuperJedders
Lately the flashbang is feeling more and more clunky with its use, so I'm wondering if we can look at its problems and how we could improve it.

Current bugs I've encountered:

- Using it on uneven surfaces causes it to sometimes not take effect (stairs/ramps for example)
- Flashbang clipping through hero's completely or flying over their shoulder during close quarter fights.
- Flashbang simply disappearing despite connecting with a player or just disappearing mid-animation.

Reactions to FB that don't quite sit right:

- Landing a flashbang on a Moira just as she hits the wraith button indicates a successful stun but she still escapes.
- Flashbangs on Roadhogs as they throw a hook - Hook disappears but you're still pulled in close
- Flashbangs on swift striking Genjis or Rocket punching doomfists - momentum still enables the damage to carry through so a Genji will still cut through you for 50 and doomfist will collide with you. Yet Reinhardt and Dva are stopped completly?
- Flying/jumping/dashing hero's that are hit with the flashbang skipping out of sight or still remaining airborne.

Suggested changes besides fixes:

- Flashbang should have a larger AOE so you don't have to basically ram it down the persons throat 9 times out of ten.
- Momentum and actions should be stopped so damage isn't done afterwards.
- Stun time should be a full second (this is more of a console suggestion where aiming is much more sluggish)
- Reduced cooldown? (I doubt we're getting more mobility for McCree soon so this could be a nice compromise and help him take down the flankers he was designed to.

I'm not asking for everything to be implemented, I'm simply asking that Blizzard look at the current somewhat unreliable tool and take some steps to correct it. Some consistency would be great and hopefully help counter the Genji/Tracer combo.

Well wrote. Best you can do is post this in the BUGS SECTION.
01/26/2018 06:48 PMPosted by PervySage
Yes! This needs to be looked at Blizzard and you have been ignoring it for far too long.

I'm tired of playing McCree vs. a Tracer and hitting her with my flashbang (I hear her groaning voice line, confirming she was hit by it) but she simply continues on her merry little way and blinks right through like nothing happened. That simply should not happen?

How are you supposed to counter the player you are supposed to be countering when the flashbang is so bugged out?

This needs to be addressed immediately. If you don't plan on giving McCree any other buffs/reworks, then at least make it so his CURRENT tools are working properly? Thanks!

I had a Tracer player message me earlier telling me not to use Flashbang and FTH.

I'm sorry but for me on console 9/10 FTH is more reliable than me trying to land a headshot when she's gone skipping across the screen as the stun time isn't long enough for me to spin the crosshair round and be accurate.

If I land a flashbang successfully I'm ensuring I get that kill off it. When there's a Genji and a Tracer though? McCree is just decimated...add a Dva? He's not even viable anymore.
Watching Fuel vs. Shock and just witnessed a flashbang from EFFECT on McCree not register on Winston who was right in front of him... LOL. If flashbang is shaky on stunning a Winston how the heck can it be considered a CONSISTENT counter against Tracer?
01/26/2018 09:01 PMPosted by PervySage
Watching Fuel vs. Shock and just witnessed a flashbang from EFFECT on McCree not register on Winston who was right in front of him... LOL. If flashbang is shaky on stunning a Winston how the heck can it be considered a CONSISTENT counter against Tracer?

It's happening a lot more lately, in the last few days I've had a number of Flashbangs just fail to work, or simply vanish :(
01/25/2018 03:21 PMPosted by glitched
I think the stun time is good as is, but everything else is reasonable.

not on console, it needs at least .3 more stun time to be reliable because of framerate, or .5 if you expect ppl to headshot with it
how to make reaper more trash 101. mccree is fine. watch owl.
I agree with everything except for the radius of flash bang to be increased, if anything I'd rather have it travel 1 more meter while also having the ability have some sort of smart programming which tells the flash bang to explode if it has passed by an enemy with in its radius. (So it doesn't pass through enemies doing nothing)

The trajectory should also take course where you are aiming as you let go of the flash bang on your screen instead of its odd current state where things like throwing it, 180ing, leave it traveling a completely unintended trajectory.
01/24/2018 06:11 PMPosted by Player
flashbang is basically a free kill with a massive aoe lol, what more could you ask for?

https://youtu.be/NaLyO1abZvU?t=29s
  • Flashbang behaves like a normal explosion, like the rest off the game's explosions
  • Tighten up the arc so that it's not like Orisa several months ago where her bullet hits were hitting the wrong location.
  • Thrown later, so that it synchronizes with the first-person animation
  • Thrown at the end of the animation, so that fast whip-turns hit your target more.
02/10/2018 11:23 AMPosted by Raven
how to make reaper more trash 101. mccree is fine. watch owl.

It takes a shot, fb and a FTH to take down a Reaper. Bait the flash and you're golden.

As for the OWL those guys are pro's, they have a readily formed 6 stack every match and even then the mccree in each is pretty much being pocketed by a Mercy.

If that doesn't highlight a flaw in his survivability I don't know what will.
01/24/2018 06:34 PMPosted by Puffs
Dont shoot at him ;)

Good meme.