Did the dev update mention Hero 27?

General Discussion
Just curious - at work so can't watch YouTube (yes I shouldn't be on these forums but they're not blocked - neither is YT but that's calling too much attention to myself) and my LTE data is over right now.. so I'm throttled to the point it's completely useless.
01/26/2018 11:55 AMPosted by kaMMakaZZi9
Just curious - at work so can't watch YouTube (yes I shouldn't be on these forums but they're not blocked - neither is YT but that's calling too much attention to myself) and my LTE data is over right now.. so I'm throttled to the point it's completely useless.

Not that I remember.
no
Nope.
Topic 1: Toxicity
- Knows you don't like it.
- 'Making progress'
- Comp abusive chat down 17%
- Player reporting up 20%
--No mention on false reporting or mod reporting
- Now looking at youtube and actioning accounts being toxic through the vids they posted.

Topic 2: Hero Balancing
- 'Triangle Process'
--Listen to community (tons of feedback we gotta sift through)
--Statistics (hero playtime, win rates, etc)
--Dev intuition (timey wimey, we play the game too)
- Most experimenting on Mercy with PTR (toning down res) (Mercy also most played hero in the game, if they tone her down they will 'bring her back')
---Want to attempt to balance res before considering replacing it
- Adding damage fall off to concussive mine but mostly balance Junkrat is
-Hanzo being looked at but not settled on a direction yet for scatter arrow
-Mei not in a 'horrible place' but may need an adjustment
--In a 'careful spot' because she's a situational hero

Quote time:
Now Overwatch was a game that was designed for you to pick different heroes, we allow for hero changes to happen all the time. We designed the game that there was nothing blocking you from having access to all 21 heroes when the game released. now we're up to 26 heroes and we strongly encourage players to have at least a small hero pool of heroes you can switch around and play. Now I know the culture of maining and the culture of one tricking has become very popular in our community and you just need to know that if you're only gonna play one or two heroes, you're gonna have a hard time sometimes because your hero might not be relevant in all gameplay situations all the time. And this isn't our goal. Our goal is to have heroes be -all have a place in the game but not necessarily be played wholly and souly all the time by themselves. I believe that super highly skilled players can pull off something like that occasionally but just be careful you might be damaging the experience for yourself and you might be risking the experience for your teammates as well.

Topic 4: Symmetra
- Being discussed heavily
-dont believe she needs buffs
-highly situational
-recognize she doesn't have enough usefulness
- don't believe her pickrate will rise even with adjustments

That quote can go two ways to me in saying that everyone should be figuring out other heroes including the ones that have heavy hours on heroes like 76, Tracer etc. But we know the community will just focus on something else with that.